SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Custom Views wiki and questions thread!!

Hey guys made a quick wiki on how to create custom views. It also gives a preview of the Playon integration .

This thread/sticky is for discussing custom views and issues.

CustomViews Wiki

cheers

pluckyhd
Old 09-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Sage Icon

SAHWEET!!!! thanks this is perfect!

Old 09-10-2010, 02:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
SAHWEET!!!! thanks this is perfect!

Your welcome I figured people didn't understand the custom views and what they did since no one every asked. So I figured that would be my first how too.

Ps the playon stuff will be in the next build.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can't select custom view from SMM Main Menu

Hi Plucky,

So I've finally created a custom view (basic view, not full wall, sorted by collection #, named it "New Titles BasicView"), and I can select it from the options menu within any SMM view without any issues.

So far, so good. However, even though I have activated the option to show custom views in the SMM main menu and activated this view (it's the only one I've created so far), I can't select "New Titles BasicView" from the SMM main menu. I can see it - but I can't select it (i.e., nothing happens when I try to select it).

If I activate the show custom views as sub menu option, I still can't select the "New Titles BasicView" in the sub menu. However, if I hit Return when selecting the sub menu option (i.e., not the custom view itself), it loads a view - but not the custom view, but the wall view (which is the default view).

Any suggestions? Should I file a bug report?

Cheers,
teq
Old 09-28-2010, 08:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah bug it and I will look into it.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teq View Post
Hi Plucky,

So I've finally created a custom view (basic view, not full wall, sorted by collection #, named it "New Titles BasicView"), and I can select it from the options menu within any SMM view without any issues.

So far, so good. However, even though I have activated the option to show custom views in the SMM main menu and activated this view (it's the only one I've created so far), I can't select "New Titles BasicView" from the SMM main menu. I can see it - but I can't select it (i.e., nothing happens when I try to select it).

If I activate the show custom views as sub menu option, I still can't select the "New Titles BasicView" in the sub menu. However, if I hit Return when selecting the sub menu option (i.e., not the custom view itself), it loads a view - but not the custom view, but the wall view (which is the default view).

Any suggestions? Should I file a bug report?

Cheers,
teq
No need to bug already found and fixed
Old 09-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
No need to bug already found and fixed
Great! Looking forward to that release.

Cheers,
teq
Old 01-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi. Thanks for this plugin. I just started using it and am liking it so far. I need a little help though. In Collections Mgmt, I've got a bunch of filters setup to differentiate between my movies and the kids', between movies and documentaries, between HD and SD, between Analglyph 3D and SBS 3D -- you get the picture...

The QuickFilters option works nicely for this. However, I'd like to simplify its use for the kids'. I'd like to use Custom Views. That way, I can have submenu items in the MyMovies menu for each Custom View. Problem, though, is that the Custom Views pay attention to ViewFilters, Sort, Video, and Custom, but pay no attention to QuickFilters. Why is that? If you could use QuickFilters inside Custom Views, it would be very powerful due to the fact that the Filters within Collections Mgmt are so powerful.

I know that "Filters" is a submenu item, but I'm not a big fan of that screen layout. I prefer the List View. So perfect scenario would be Custom Views (that are just List Views) for each of my QuickFilters. So for example, "KidsMoviesListView" would be a Custom View available as a submenu items that when selected, shows a List View with my "KidsMovies" QuickFilter applied.

Is there any way for me to accomplsih this? Would you ever consider adding QuickFilters to Custom Views?

Thanks!

Sage Server - Dual Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, 4 TB RAID 0 Disk, 5 x HD-PVR (BellTV HD), 5 x USB-UIRT, Windows 7 64-Bit on VMWare ESXI 5.1, SageTV 9.x Open Source
Clients #1 to #3 - HD300
Client #4 - Shield Android TV running Mini Client
Client #5 - Sony Bravia Android TV running Mini Client

Last edited by plawlor; 01-17-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:32 AM
SageTVaholic

I originally thought about that but it is a catch 22. They are called "quick" filters so they aren't suppose to stick like a view filter and such.

That being said it is coding accordingly to allow quick filters or quick genres directly from a dynamic menu. Unfortunately we don't have a dynamic menu yet.Hopefully that will come will phoenix soon or another option.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
...it is coding accordingly to allow quick filters or quick genres directly from a dynamic menu. Unfortunately we don't have a dynamic menu yet.Hopefully that will come will phoenix soon or another option.
Yes, when/if we get dynamic menus, I should be able to add the QuickFilters as submenu options to the MyMovies menu on their own, but I am assuming that I'll still get the same screen for them? Any way to customize the QuickFilter screen to look more like ListView? Or at least, is there any way for me to replace the big ugly box with the name of my QuickFilters in it with a graphic or something more attractive?

Thanks!

Sage Server - Dual Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, 4 TB RAID 0 Disk, 5 x HD-PVR (BellTV HD), 5 x USB-UIRT, Windows 7 64-Bit on VMWare ESXI 5.1, SageTV 9.x Open Source
Clients #1 to #3 - HD300
Old 01-18-2011, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by plawlor View Post
Yes, when/if we get dynamic menus, I should be able to add the QuickFilters as submenu options to the MyMovies menu on their own, but I am assuming that I'll still get the same screen for them? Any way to customize the QuickFilter screen to look more like ListView? Or at least, is there any way for me to replace the big ugly box with the name of my QuickFilters in it with a graphic or something more attractive?

Thanks!
I think you misunderstood. With a dynamic menu you could go into any view and set and quick filter you want automatically when going into it by passing a variable.

As for changing the images you can make them whatever you want jorton posted some good ones somewhere or you can make your own. See the wiki for where they go and what to name them. You can also make it horizontal or vertical in the options menu.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. I'll check out the wiki to see if I can figure out how to replace those images. Great Plugin, BTW... This one and the PlayOn Plugin are my two favourites by far.

Clients #1 to #3 - HD300