SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Update: After Googling and tinkering, I have resolved the first error by simply copying the MSVCR100.dll file from the Program Files/Java/bin directory into the Windows directory. But the jvm.dll issue remains.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

If you upgrade to Java 7 and get that error just upgrade to the 2010 VB runtimes. There are other threads on this issue.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...98&postcount=8

Last edited by nyplayer; 09-28-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

That did the trick. Wasn't what I was expecting from a simple Java update, but all's well that ends well. Thanks very much.

Interestingly, a search on 'jvm.dll' yielded no hits.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yet another casualty of the Java update. I've followed all the instructions above and have SageTV Server and my SageTV Clients now starting up without the errors outlined in this thread. SageTV seems to work as before as stand alone, the SageTV Service seems to be starting as expected however the clients can no longer connect. I've verified all firewalls are off and the following suggest the connection is semi available. The clients sit in "Discovering SageTV Servers" for about 20 seconds before prompting for an empty IP field ( Usually pre-populated). When I enter the server IP manually with the SageTV service turned off, the connection fails instantly. With the SageTV service turned on, the client sits in a "SageTV Connection is initializing..." for a few minutes and then finally times out with "Unable to connect to SageTV server at the specified address". I've verified the SageTV server is still configured as a server and strangely enough Placeshifter can still connect from each client machine. So I'm stumped.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:43 PM
SageTVaholic

That sounds like a network discovery Issue. Sometimes when updates are done the firewall changes. I assume you are using windows 7 make sure the firewall is set to allow network discovery etc... Check advanced settings in Network and Sharing Center
Old 10-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

I verified network discovery was turned on in network settings. Maybe this is Homegroup related? I've explicitly turned off all the firewalls on all the machines, using advanced to disable domain level as well. Network discovery seems to be working as all my other shared services are working between the PC's just fine. The problem seems to be limited exclusively to SageTV Client to Server post Java update. Is there a specific port I can Telnet to in order to troubleshoot connectivity is at least establishing a port connection initially?

Last edited by DRM2PVR; 10-04-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

After exhausting every Windows 7 connectivity scenario I could think of, and installing SageTV 7 over itself, all to no avail... I instead uninstalled SageTV all together , rebooted, then installed a fresh install of SageTV and the problem was gone, now the clients can connect again. I tried to overwrite the new sagetv with the backed up installed directory but the problem would return. So A fresh install leveraging the wiz.bin is the best I'm going to get I suppose. At least I know now that it was limited to the SageTV server and nothing else.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Sage User

SageTV Service Mega Trouble

I have recently updated Java to 7.17 and cannot get the Service to start for more than 10sec. I have tried all of the actions described above and then some: Stop SageTV Service, reinstall Java 7.17. and no go. No error flags are reported, just the start up splash stalled at sagetv service initiation. When I check to confirm the service is running I get "the service didn't start". I am a comcast customer so I am using the Norton 360 sercurity package and have opened all the ports listed in the sage manual. I am at my limit with SageTV now and need any help available. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium edition 64bit. I have installed both the 32 and 64 bit Java versions and a fresh SageTV install which worked for 1 day but then no go. I am trying to avoid a fresh Windows install but it looks like that may be my only alternative. Again, any advice would be appreciated...
Old 04-07-2013, 01:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Do you have debug logging turned on in sage, and if so, can you post your log file?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 04-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Sage User

SageTV Service Stops

Fuzzy thanks for responding and here is a fresh log from this morning after system boot up. I have Sage set to start in full screen mode but the user interface did not start up at boot up. Let me know if additional information is required. As mentioned I am trying to avoid a Windows reinstall.
Thanks again for your time.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (371.1 KB, 744 views)
Old 04-07-2013, 08:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscumming View Post
Fuzzy thanks for responding and here is a fresh log from this morning after system boot up. I have Sage set to start in full screen mode but the user interface did not start up at boot up. Let me know if additional information is required. As mentioned I am trying to avoid a Windows reinstall.
Thanks again for your time.
Are you sure you have the service enabled? That log file looks like it is for SageTV running standalone. This makes it hard to determine if it is really a service problem, or if it is a UI problem.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Sage User

OK Fuzzy, I confirmed the Service is enabled but not running. I started the service and immediately selected sagetv and it stopped at the splash waiting for the service to start. Here is the log file. I changed the file name to limit confusion. Thanks again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0 04.07.13.txt (212.1 KB, 487 views)
Old 04-07-2013, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

If it is crashing at the end of that logfile, I have no idea why. I'd try moving your wiz.bin out of the folder, and starting the service (don't bother with the client for now). This will help to identify if it is a problem int he wiz.bin itself (it does happen from time to time - always make routine backups).

Old 04-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Sage User

Thanks again fuzzy, I renamed the wiz.bin file and restarted the system to no avail. I am going to bite the bullet and reload the system including windows. Could you let me know what version of Java you are running or if have a preference in Java level? Again, thanks for your time to look at the log files.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:32 PM
SageTVaholic

i don't know what version I have, but I've never had a problem running the most recent version. Jut make sure that you follow this thread when upgrading versions - shutdown the service and sage completely before updating java.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Uninstall JAVA completely. Then make sure sage service is disabled and reinstall JAVA. This has worked for me twice.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Sage User

Problems with Java 7 Update 21 ?

Hi, has anybody experienced any problems with the latest Java patch. I've started recently to have some HD MKV files that when I try to play them after a few seconds I get the "SAGETV has stopped working" message and the client has crashed. I have uninstalled all Java and reverted to the last Java 6 update instead and the files now run OK
Anybody else experienced and problems ??
Old 06-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Sage Icon

What is the best version to use now?
I am running latest Sage with Win7 64bit
Old 06-22-2015, 06:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Personally, I'd stick with the latest version 7 update. Some people have gone to version 8 with no issues.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

I thought I remembered hearing that there was a problem with the web server if you move to Java 8