SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 05-01-2023, 01:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

SDEPG No Updates for Sporting Events

I'm having issues with Sage not scheduling playoff NBA games because the game information has some variation of "TBD" where there are no teams to activate the favorite. This use to happen occasionally for sudden changes in schedules, but now games that are known 4 or 5 days in advanced are having the same problem. Forcing an EPG update does not fix the issue. Is anyone else having this problem or have suggestions before I talk to Schedules Direct?

Last edited by trk2; 05-01-2023 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-01-2023, 04:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk2 View Post
I'm having issues with Sage not scheduling playoff NBA games because the game information has some variation of "TBD" where there are no teams to activate the favorite. This use to happen occasionally for sudden changes in schedules, but now games that are known 4 or 5 days in advanced are having the same problem. Forcing an EPG update does not fix the issue. Is anyone else having this problem or have suggestions before I talk to Schedules Direct?
I am not having any issues. But for playoffs I don't screw around. Look for additional airings of NBA Basketball and set a manual recording - assuming that you know which game will be on which channel. And keep an eye on it the day before or day of the game.
Old 05-01-2023, 04:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I am not having any issues. But for playoffs I don't screw around. Look for additional airings of NBA Basketball and set a manual recording - assuming that you know which game will be on which channel. And keep an eye on it the day before or day of the game.
That's what I've been doing but then I lose SRE so I add ridiculous padding which makes everything... not optimal. Both games on TNT tonight are still saying "Playoffs: Teams TBA" and I did a force EPG update an hour ago.
Old 05-01-2023, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

I still get SRE monitoring for manual recordings - but of course you won't get that without team names. Once you know what game is on you could manually override the team name for SRE purposes. The 7:30 game tonight has to be BOS-PHI as that is the only early game. Did you try doing an override?

FYI, I generally get the team names in SD a day or two before the game. That may depend on the network/channel. I am in Canada so this is different channels, however I do get NBA games on ABC from the Buffalo station.
Old 05-01-2023, 05:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just set up an override for tonight's games so I'll see how that goes. I just noticed that game 2 and 3 epg data is fine for BOS-PHI, but not game 1.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 05-20-2023, 10:03 AM
Sage Icon

Question

Quote:
yeah, was noticing the same thing so one has to keep on top of it. I'm not sure where the problem lies, the actual networks getting their data out (i.e. TNT and ESPN), Schedules Direct or SageTV's guide refresh algorithm. (Since the Golden State Warriors are out of it my interest has lapsed somewhat )

I am noticing a different sports related recording problem though. my wife is into college softball and an NCAA tournament is starting. I noticed that my usual Favorite for picking these up isn't working, or more precisely it's just picking one event out of several that are coming up.

Took me a while to figure out, but I realized all the games have the same ExternalID/ShowID! Well, that's wrong. So of course it's just recording one.

Who or what is responsible for generating these unique ID's? The guide provider, i.e. Schedules Direct or is it SageTV?

Edit: submitted a problem report to Schedules Direct.

Last edited by phelme; 05-20-2023 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-21-2023, 02:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
yeah, was noticing the same thing so one has to keep on top of it. I'm not sure where the problem lies, the actual networks getting their data out (i.e. TNT and ESPN), Schedules Direct or SageTV's guide refresh algorithm. (Since the Golden State Warriors are out of it my interest has lapsed somewhat )

I am noticing a different sports related recording problem though. my wife is into college softball and an NCAA tournament is starting. I noticed that my usual Favorite for picking these up isn't working, or more precisely it's just picking one event out of several that are coming up.

Took me a while to figure out, but I realized all the games have the same ExternalID/ShowID! Well, that's wrong. So of course it's just recording one.

Who or what is responsible for generating these unique ID's? The guide provider, i.e. Schedules Direct or is it SageTV?

Edit: submitted a problem report to Schedules Direct.
Well in some circumstances I verified that Plex also did not have an updated EPG and I believe that both Plex and Schedules Direct ultimately get their epg data from the same source (Tribune). However, there are times where Plex is updated but the Schedules Direct data is not (according to Sage, after performing a forced EPG update) so it seems the problem may have multiple root causes. Tribune may be late in updating these games. Schedules Direct may be late in updating from Tribune. And Sage only performing a single EPG update a day certainly doesn't help.
Old 05-21-2023, 02:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Well in some circumstances I verified that Plex also did not have an updated EPG and I believe that both Plex and Schedules Direct ultimately get their epg data from the same source (Tribune)...
for the NCAA softball issue I saw, SchedulesDirect replied and confirmed they see it too, so they bumped it up to Tribune.

could be it's an ESPN issue.