SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Sage User

Problem with sporting events... (SRE??)

I've been recording Cleveland Indians games for a while now and a little while back I noticed the recording was some 20gb. I watched it and it was some 10 hours long. Only sporting events do this. I recording the irish game yesterday and the recording went 11 hours. I have SRE installed and was wondering if maybe that was causing the problems. It's worked great before, extending the recordings when needed. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhessey View Post
I've been recording Cleveland Indians games for a while now and a little while back I noticed the recording was some 20gb. I watched it and it was some 10 hours long. Only sporting events do this. I recording the irish game yesterday and the recording went 11 hours. I have SRE installed and was wondering if maybe that was causing the problems. It's worked great before, extending the recordings when needed. Any ideas? Thanks!
Certainly a symptom of SRE, however, as of today all the parsers that parse game data for monitoring are known to be working. SRE monitored NFL games for me today without issue.

If you take this conversation over here then I'll be auto notified when you post about possible issues with the plugin (just happen to notice this thread).

First, you need to figure out if indeed you have SRE installed (11 hour recordings suggests you do) and then I need to see the logs.

Check your Sage.properties file. Is the SageRecordingExtender class listed in the load_at_startup_runnable_classes setting? If so, then SRE is installed to run.

Please post the sre.sqlite database for me to download. You can find the file at C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\sre.sqlite (or in the base directory where SageTV is installed).

The maximum extension time defaults to 8 hours and this is used by SRE when SRE is constantly told that the game is still running. This setting can be lowered by modifying it in the settings servlet. You will probably want to do that until the reason for the 11 hour recordings can be identified. Just to confirm, I've checked over the parser test results for the last week and there have been no problems with the parsers. This situation (where SRE can continue to record for up to 11 hours) can also arise when one's Internet connection goes down. When this happens, SRE plays it safe and continues to extend until the max extension length is reached. This is also configurable via the "safety net extension" setting. Once I get a hold of your database file I should be able to tell if that's the problem here.