SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 12-26-2022, 03:49 AM
Sage User

SageTV v9.2.8.1 "Client" (Placeshifter) crash under Linux

Trying to run SageTV Client (really Placeshifter), v9.2.8.1, under Linux-Mint. When I start it and try my Locator ID, it simply silently quits. If I instead point it at the LAN IP it finds the server system, but immediately quits when I try launch it to the next step.

Systems running (real) Client and Placeshifter work OK under Windows, as well as Android, => the SageTV server also running under Windows. From the LAN and WAN, so the firewall port-forwards are set correctly.

Any suggestions for debugging this to get it to run under Linux?