SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 03-16-2023, 03:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Docker is sunsetting Free Team organizations

I received the following from Docker...

Code:
Docker is sunsetting Free Team organizations

Free Team organizations are a legacy subscription tier that no longer exists. This tier included many of the same features, rates, and functionality as a paid Docker Team subscription.

After reviewing the list of accounts that are members of legacy Free Team organizations, we’ve identified yours as potentially being one of them.

If you own a legacy Free Team organization, access to paid features — including private repositories — will be suspended on April 14, 2023 (11:59 pm UTC). Upgrade your subscription before April 14, 2023 to continue accessing your organization.

If you don’t upgrade to a paid subscription, Docker will retain your organization data for 30 days, after which it will be subject to deletion. During that time, you will maintain access to any images in your public repositories, though rate limitations will apply. At any point during the 30-day period, you can restore access to your organization account if you upgrade to a paid subscription. Visit our FAQ for more information.
I emailed them and they suggested we "may" be able to apply for their "Docker Sponsored Open Source (DSOS) Program". I have made application on behalf of the community. They say it may take 30 or more days to get back to me.

Is anyone aware of docker hub type repositories as an alternative that will work with unraid? I will do some research as well but the current build and deploy process is built around Docker Hub so it would need to change if they do not approve the request I have made.

k
Old 03-16-2023, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

It seems Github supports container registry.

https://docs.github.com/en/packages/...ainer-registry

Not sure I will have time but I will try to look at this as an alternative as we already use Github.

k
Old 03-24-2023, 04:07 PM
SageTVaholic

False alarm - they reversed course

Code:
On March 14, 2023, we emailed you about your Free Team subscription, outlining our intention to sunset that plan. After listening to the concerns of the community, we’ve decided to reverse course, and are no longer sunsetting the Free Team plan.

If you’re currently on the Free Team plan, you no longer have to migrate to another plan by April 14. All customers who upgraded to a paid subscription will automatically receive a full refund for the transaction in the next 30 days, allowing them to use their new paid subscription for free for the duration of the term they purchased.

We apologize for the alarm our decision caused. For more details, please visit our FAQ.
Glad I had not started moving things to Github (although perhaps some day we will)

k
Old 03-25-2023, 09:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sounds like the push_back was large enough to effect change. Nice too see these days.