SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-24-2023, 01:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Archive Bit enabled displays Shows Twice

I have a Media Import Directory where i manually move all Sage Recordings without a Season number in the filename to a separate Import folder so that I can view them with Plex.

Yesterday, I moved the import folder to a different drive and now those recordings are showing up twice in the Recordings listing. I noticed that the duplicate recordings that point to their former drive location have the archive bit set. When i uncheck the archive bit, the invalid duplicate listing is removed and only the recording that's in the new location displays which is what i want.

1. How did the archive bit get set? I never checked it and none of the recordings have been watched yet.

2. I have hundreds of recordings with this problem. How can i mass remove the archive bit on each recording.

3. Why doesn't a Import Scan correct the duplicate problem and remove the listing for recordings that have been moved?

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime

Last edited by brandypuff; 02-24-2023 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-24-2023, 01:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Use Custom recordings (Malore) group by Single group and remove Archive Bit. Then rescan.
Old 02-24-2023, 06:37 PM
Sage Icon

Is the original directory still visible to Sage?
In other words if you moved the files from c:\videos to d:\videos, can Sage still see c:\ (and see that those videos aren’t there anymore)?

If not, that’s what you need to do. Sage needs to see that those files are no longer on that drive. If the whole drive is missing, Sage thinks you might have just temporarily removed the drive and might re-connect it at some point, so it doesn’t remove its records of those files from its database. If Sage didn’t work like this it would be really difficult to use external USB drives or network drives that could be disconnected at any time.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 02-25-2023, 02:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

No, I deleted it and removed the import directory in the settings.

See the attached. There are two shows listed with the same name. One is on a Drive G: directory which i moved to drive S. It shows the missing file is zero bytes in size.

I think this has something to do with the archive bit. If i remove the archive bit on the duplicate show that is no longer valid, it eventually disappears from the recordings listing.

How does the archive bit get set?
Attached Images
File Type: png 1 Screenshot 2023-02-25 145820.png (438.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: png 2 Screenshot 2023-02-25 145854.png (492.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png 3 Screenshot 2023-02-25 145927.png (487.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png 4 Screenshot 2023-02-25 150341.png (404.6 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by brandypuff; 02-25-2023 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-25-2023, 04:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post

See the attached. There are two shows listed with the same name. One is on a Drive G: directory which i moved to drive S. It shows the missing file is zero bytes in size.

I think this has something to do with the archive bit. If i remove the archive bit on the duplicate show that is no longer valid, it eventually disappears from the recordings listing.

How does the archive bit get set?
The Archive bit gets set when you moved them to Import folder and Sagetv did a scan.
Old 02-27-2023, 04:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
That is probably what is causing your issue.

If you shut down Sage and move files from Directory A to Directory B while Sage is stopped, then remove Directory A from your computer, then restart Sage and add Directory B as an import path, I would expect you to end up with 2 copies of everything.

You can’t remove Directory A from your computer until Sage has a chance to see that the files have been removed.

The easiest way to fix it is to create a “dummy” of directory A that is empty so that Sage can see that those files are really permanently gone.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 02-27-2023, 05:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks. That makes sense. I ended up searching all the files with the archive bit set via the web interface and removed all the archive bits which worked. Your method is easier, though. I will remember that for next time.

Tags
archive