SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-08-2022, 08:26 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Anyone have AT&T Fiber w SageTV?

I may be forced to leave my comfy cable service in exchange for AT&T Fiber. Does anyone use AT&T with a Hauppauge HD-PVR? And change channels with an IR Blaster (if it supports it)??

Before I do this, I want to make sure I can continue to get my extended "cable" channels into Sage. Locals are not a problem because I have an antenna and a HDHR device.

The second requirement of course is I need one of those AT&T tuners to have component out. Anyone know if they offer that?

Any other gotchas to dissuade me?
Old 12-08-2022, 03:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
I may be forced to leave my comfy cable service in exchange for AT&T Fiber. Does anyone use AT&T with a Hauppauge HD-PVR? And change channels with an IR Blaster (if it supports it)??

Before I do this, I want to make sure I can continue to get my extended "cable" channels into Sage. Locals are not a problem because I have an antenna and a HDHR device.

The second requirement of course is I need one of those AT&T tuners to have component out. Anyone know if they offer that?

Any other gotchas to dissuade me?
Isn't AT & T DirectV ? for televison.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Just a note that there are tuners, like the uray, that can take in HDMI and ignore HDCP. The downside is that they only have stereo sound, no DD.

Something like this:https://www.amazon.com/URayTech-Enco...2-63e904010ad0

I don't have one myself but some other do. The BM1000 is essentially the same thing.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Just a note that there are tuners, like the uray, that can take in HDMI and ignore HDCP. The downside is that they only have stereo sound, no DD.

Something like this:https://www.amazon.com/URayTech-Enco...2-63e904010ad0

I don't have one myself but some other do. The BM1000 is essentially the same thing.
There are so many ways to get Movies Like Playon/Anystream that trying to get all kinds of equipment to record is not necessary anymore. I find Channels DVR TVE/Pluto input to SageTV to be more than enough if you want to keep SageTV.... and Not have lots of boxes attached to other boxes just to record.

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-08-2022 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:59 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
There are so many ways to get Movies Like Playon/Anystream that trying to get all kinds of equipment to record is not necessary anymore. I find Channels DVR TVE/Pluto input to SageTV to be more than enough if you want to keep SageTV.... and Not have lots of boxes attached to other boxes just to record.
Cable TV, as expensive as it is, will stick around in my house until my kids are out of college. After that, all this becomes moot, including SageTV. I'll cut the cord then, but that's a few years away.

I'm still proud of the fact that SageTV is the only DVR I've ever known in my life. Never seen a TiVO interface ever.
Old 12-09-2022, 10:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
I'm still proud of the fact that SageTV is the only DVR I've ever known in my life. Never seen a TiVO interface ever.
Me too!

I'm still amazed at the feature set SageTV had going back 15 years and longer. Things like distributed playback via hardware/software, commercial skip, automatic recording extender (SRE), and the shear number of sources SageTV can record from.

Other DVR systems have caught up on a lot of the features over the last 15 years, but SageTV still beats them all IMHO. (Does anyone else have SRE type capabilities?). For those that don't remember, a DVR system from 15 years ago was effectively a digital VCR that plugged into one TV - you had to record and view everything from that one TV. To top if off, the cable company (or whatever service provider you were using) was charging an extra fee on top of their regular box rental fee. I knew people paying $100 or more just in rental fees on top of their actual service fee.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 12-09-2022, 04:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
Does anyone else have SRE type capabilities?
NextPVR has SRE, using the same server core with newer scrapping. I just added FIFA but the ESPN API messed up both matches today.

Martin