SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-13-2022, 07:51 PM
Sage User

HDHomerun on new system?

I currently am running a SageTV 9 server on a Windows 7 machine and it works fine with my HDHomerun Dual tuner

I am trying to get it moved to a Windows 10 system and can't seem to get SageTV 9 to see the tuners. I have the DA Compatibility Mode set to SageTV.

I am not sure why it is not working. I have migrated different versions of SageTV for years and never ran into this problem.

I am using the latest SageTV files as well as the latest HDHomerun files.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hdhomerun.jpg (22.5 KB, 30 views)
Old 11-13-2022, 09:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Are you using OpenDCT?

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62774
OpenDCT 0.5.32 (64 bit)
Clients: HD300 (x2)
HDHR3-CC Prime 20220822 (Comcast CableCard) - 3 Tuners
HDFX-4K Flex 20220822 (OTA) - 4 Tuners
Old 11-13-2022, 10:22 PM
Sage User

So is this used instead of the HDHomerun app?

I am not sure what it is
Old 11-13-2022, 10:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson56 View Post
I currently am running a SageTV 9 server on a Windows 7 machine and it works fine with my HDHomerun Dual tuner

I am trying to get it moved to a Windows 10 system and can't seem to get SageTV 9 to see the tuners. I have the DA Compatibility Mode set to SageTV.

I am not sure why it is not working. I have migrated different versions of SageTV for years and never ran into this problem.

I am using the latest SageTV files as well as the latest HDHomerun files.
My belief is win 10 does not contain the needed BDA drivers for hdhomerun. If that has changed then move on.

I found these potential drivers but have not used them myself so feel free to look elsewhere too.

https://www.driverscape.com/download/it9135-bda-device

k
Old 11-13-2022, 10:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
My belief is win 10 does not contain the needed BDA drivers for hdhomerun. If that has changed then move on.

I found these potential drivers but have not used them myself so feel free to look elsewhere too.

https://www.driverscape.com/download/it9135-bda-device

k
I've never needed to install any extra drivers like these. EDIT: The SiliconDust software package contains the BDA driver.

@jwilson56, if you have the latest version of the SiliconDust software package installed found at https://www.silicondust.com/support/downloads/ that should be all you need as far as drivers. It looks like you already have this installed but I'd make sure you are up to date. I'd also let it do a full channel scan before moving on to Sage.

You can also install the app to verify things are working, but Sage doesn't use the app. This will also make sure that your firewall is allowing access, which I have found to be a problem sometimes with Win 10. On one system I had to just completely disable the firewall, even though the HDHR service was showing as being allowed to pass.

Sage should be able to find the HDHR and install it directly, but you might also need/want to use OpenDCT. If it's one of the older dual tuners it should be recognized directly. Seems like I had to use OpenDCT with my Quatro, and with a Prime you HAVE to use OpenDCT.
Old 11-14-2022, 08:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
I've never needed to install any extra drivers like these. EDIT: The SiliconDust software package contains the BDA driver.

@jwilson56, if you have the latest version of the SiliconDust software package installed found at https://www.silicondust.com/support/downloads/ that should be all you need as far as drivers. It looks like you already have this installed but I'd make sure you are up to date. I'd also let it do a full channel scan before moving on to Sage.

You can also install the app to verify things are working, but Sage doesn't use the app. This will also make sure that your firewall is allowing access, which I have found to be a problem sometimes with Win 10. On one system I had to just completely disable the firewall, even though the HDHR service was showing as being allowed to pass.

Sage should be able to find the HDHR and install it directly, but you might also need/want to use OpenDCT. If it's one of the older dual tuners it should be recognized directly. Seems like I had to use OpenDCT with my Quatro, and with a Prime you HAVE to use OpenDCT.
That is correct the BDA drivers for 64 BIT systems were added recently by silicondust.
Old 11-14-2022, 09:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
That is correct the BDA drivers for 64 BIT systems were added recently by silicondust.
If I recall, you had to install the 32 bit drivers on 64 but systems - not any more?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 11-14-2022, 10:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
If I recall, you had to install the 32 bit drivers on 64 but systems - not any more?
This has been fixed. There was a problem where the HDHomeRun setup would not look for SageTV in C:\Program Files\ ... It would get the Install path from the Windows registry which Changed with the SageTV 64 bit Install.

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-14-2022 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-14-2022, 10:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This has been fixed.
I didn’t know this but checked HDHR’s release notes and indeed it was as of “Release 20220822”.

I’ve updated the Windows installer notes post.
Old 11-14-2022, 10:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
I didn’t know this but checked HDHR’s release notes and indeed it was as of “Release 20220822”.

I’ve updated the Windows installer notes post.
Thanks ... I was looking for the thread where I requested the fix in the Silicondust forum, but they age out quickly.
Old 11-15-2022, 05:27 PM
Sage User

I got it working with OpenDCT so thanks for that.

Now does anyone have any tips to tuning Comskip? It seems to not be very accurate with this new setup
Old 11-16-2022, 06:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson56 View Post
I got it working with OpenDCT so thanks for that.

Now does anyone have any tips to tuning Comskip? It seems to not be very accurate with this new setup
I've never been able to get it really accurate. The windows version has worked a bit better for me than the Docker (Linux) version, but since I'm running on the Docker for now I just deal with it.
Old 11-16-2022, 10:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This has been fixed. There was a problem where the HDHomeRun setup would not look for SageTV in C:\Program Files\ ... It would get the Install path from the Windows registry which Changed with the SageTV 64 bit Install.
So the 32bit drivers/install can now be deleted from my 64bit server?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson