SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Phoenix 3.0
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix 3.0 This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix 3.0 custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-09-2022, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

TVDB V4 now FREE for SageTV users

There is now a new release of Phoenix Core Services and BMT which now includes the latest v4 TVDB TV provider with FREE use for SageTV users. I was able to negotiate the use of the service free of charge as long as I provided an attribution within the application which I did within BMT whenever the TVDB provider is used (see screen shot below).

Best way to update is to update the BMT plugin which will also update phoenix automatically. To see all the changes in BMT please clear your browser Cache and reload BMT (check Help, About and make sure the version is 4.501.0 or above).

BMT/Phoenix will now use tvdb provider as the default for TV which is now using the new version 4 api. If you had already changed to tvdb4 as your provider there is no need to change this as it too will just use the new provider. No setting changes are needed after the plugin is updated.

Note: I have left the old provider code in place in case there are any issues but plan to fully remove it in a future release. You can use the old provider manually by selecting tvdbold as the provider when searching for metadata.

Please report any issues here on the forums so I can look into them

k
Attached Images
File Type: png BMTScreenshot_TVDBattribution-large.png (180.5 KB, 299 views)
Old 11-09-2022, 09:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Awesome Work! Thank You.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Nice work!
Old 11-09-2022, 02:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Bravo sir, bravo. Off you go to Washington!
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 11-09-2022, 05:17 PM
Sage Icon

this looks great.

as a reminder, the TV DB API plugin is the one that is giving me crashing issues when upgrading it and why I gave up on the entire Phoenix upgrade.

Guess this will make me back up everything and try again.
Old 11-09-2022, 08:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
this looks great.

as a reminder, the TV DB API plugin is the one that is giving me crashing issues when upgrading it and why I gave up on the entire Phoenix upgrade.

Guess this will make me back up everything and try again.
I had forgotten about that issue. Technically, that jar is only used for the old api and not for the v4 api but as I have yet to fully remove it, then its still a dependency. I hope it all goes well for you and my approach for upgrading is to update BMT which should just update all other dependencies.

Let us know how it goes and if there are any issues post the logs and we will resolve it.

k
Old 11-10-2022, 04:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thank You
Old 11-10-2022, 07:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I had forgotten about that issue. Technically, that jar is only used for the old api and not for the v4 api but as I have yet to fully remove it, then its still a dependency. I hope it all goes well for you and my approach for upgrading is to update BMT which should just update all other dependencies.

Let us know how it goes and if there are any issues post the logs and we will resolve it.

k
I’ll try to upgrade tomorrow.

Back in July you mentioned the change was for Java 11. Should I try adding that instance? I’m basically still on Java 8.
Old 11-10-2022, 08:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
I’ll try to upgrade tomorrow.

Back in July you mentioned the change was for Java 11. Should I try adding that instance? I’m basically still on Java 8.
A small part of the change to Phoenix in July was a fix for those on Java 11 using the old TVDB provider. In theory it should not have affected u as I test it on 8 and 11. If u r using docker then switching to 8 or 11 is simple but I believe many users are still on 8.

So I would not change Java versions unless u run into issues.

k
Old 11-11-2022, 04:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
A small part of the change to Phoenix in July was a fix for those on Java 11 using the old TVDB provider. In theory it should not have affected u as I test it on 8 and 11. If u r using docker then switching to 8 or 11 is simple but I believe many users are still on 8.

So I would not change Java versions unless u run into issues.

k
OK, I'll try a f ew things and report back. I noticed I still have Java 7 installed, which I believe is for an authentication scenario with SJQ4.
Old 11-11-2022, 07:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Please remind me - what else gets updated when updating bmt? Any known issues with those?
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCRUser View Post
Please remind me - what else gets updated when updating bmt? Any known issues with those?
BMT will force phoenix core to be updated. Phoenix core is used by gemstone and CMT and perhaps a few other plugins.

No other plugins were modified as part of this change except BMT and Phoenix core.

k
Old 11-12-2022, 08:48 AM
SageTVaholic

What's the easiest way to determine if it's working properly vs. not working properly? Is all the metadata completely missing when not working?
Old 11-12-2022, 10:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
What's the easiest way to determine if it's working properly vs. not working properly? Is all the metadata completely missing when not working?
Existing media items will not change unless you try a Metadata search or update and then save the results. So if u go into bmt browse, select TV by season then pick a specific episode... U should see a link at the top that says TheTVDB.. without the logo as I show in my screen grab. Then select Find Metadata and follow the prompts leave the search default to tvdb4... The result should be a screen like I showed with the logo for tvdb...if u then click save then that item will be using the new api data. Of course with bmt u can search at higher levels in the browse and uncheck scan only items without Metadata to update a large group of media items.

Hope that helps.

k
Old 11-15-2022, 10:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
BMT will force phoenix core to be updated. Phoenix core is used by gemstone and CMT and perhaps a few other plugins.

No other plugins were modified as part of this change except BMT and Phoenix core.

k
Are there dependencies for versions of Sage, operating system, and/or Java? Also, where can I find a list of changes.

I'm dealing with a s-load of metadata problems, with (I think) airing IDs of old recordings (currently late 2011 and early 2015) getting recycled so that someshow-123456-0.avi acquires metadata from someothershow that has taken the id 123456-0 and is listed as to be recorded in the near future. I can find and repair these, but it's painful & time-consuming. Essentially, I use the web interface to identify all such recordings, note them on a list, copy the listed recordings to another location on my server, where the .properties files I'd previously generated reside, and run setup/scan for imports. That generally reads the .properties files & fixes up the metadata. I then like to check and if needed clean up. Since every couple weeks I get a few dozen of these, it's a royal pain. When satisfied that a given file has been fixed in its new location, I delete it from the previous one.

I've tried doing the rescans with the files in place, but that doesn't work. I also haven't found any function in BMT (the previous version) that would help in this endeavor.

Of course, what I'd really like is not just an easier way to fix these but a way to prevent the problem from occurring.

Is there something in the new BMT anywhere else that could help? I'm becoming a slave to my server.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.

Last edited by VCRUser; 11-15-2022 at 11:40 PM. Reason: added question about os
Old 11-16-2022, 08:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCRUser View Post
Are there dependencies for versions of Sage, operating system, and/or Java? Also, where can I find a list of changes.

I'm dealing with a s-load of metadata problems, with (I think) airing IDs of old recordings (currently late 2011 and early 2015) getting recycled so that someshow-123456-0.avi acquires metadata from someothershow that has taken the id 123456-0 and is listed as to be recorded in the near future. I can find and repair these, but it's painful & time-consuming. Essentially, I use the web interface to identify all such recordings, note them on a list, copy the listed recordings to another location on my server, where the .properties files I'd previously generated reside, and run setup/scan for imports. That generally reads the .properties files & fixes up the metadata. I then like to check and if needed clean up. Since every couple weeks I get a few dozen of these, it's a royal pain. When satisfied that a given file has been fixed in its new location, I delete it from the previous one.

I've tried doing the rescans with the files in place, but that doesn't work. I also haven't found any function in BMT (the previous version) that would help in this endeavor.

Of course, what I'd really like is not just an easier way to fix these but a way to prevent the problem from occurring.

Is there something in the new BMT anywhere else that could help? I'm becoming a slave to my server.
Sorry to heat of your troubles... Not sure of the cause and not certain BMT can resolve in any other way. These changes to BMT are listed in the BMT and Phoenix core services plugin details... But although they were a lot of effort, they don't add features..only provide access to a more current provider for TV media.

k