SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Phoenix 3.0
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix 3.0 This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix 3.0 custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-28-2022, 08:51 AM
Sage User

TVDB4 not working

I subscribed to TVDB4 and followed the instructions to add TVDB4 as a provider including adding my PIN. Metadata retrieval worked for a while but stopped sometime in the last week or so. Using the BMT web interface I have manually searched for metadata for many of my TV shows and all return no results.

I don't see anybody else having problems and nothing has changed in my configuration. Are there any troubleshooting suggestions or do I need to open a ticket with TheTVDB.com?
Old 09-28-2022, 08:57 PM
SageTVaholic

If u can zip up the logs from the logs folder and include your sagetv_0.txt log all from right after recreating the issue then I can review and see whats happening

k
Old 09-29-2022, 12:10 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
If u can zip up the logs from the logs folder and include your sagetv_0.txt log all from right after recreating the issue then I can review and see whats happening

k
Here are the logs you requested. I have a ticket open with TVDB also. They say everything is working at their end but they are waiting to see what you find.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bmtweb.zip (118 Bytes, 30 views)
File Type: zip phoenix.zip (11.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: zip phoenix-metadata.zip (659 Bytes, 32 views)
File Type: zip sagex-api.zip (554 Bytes, 32 views)
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (272.8 KB, 35 views)
Old 09-29-2022, 06:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just as an FYI I recently found out that there seems to be a change of heart at TheTVDB as they are now allowing non-commercial applications to use the API for free without requiring users to get a PIN. Developers would need to request it and explain the requirement, and you have to have a attribution logo like the moviedb

Martin
Old 09-30-2022, 12:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by emveepee View Post
Just as an FYI I recently found out that there seems to be a change of heart at TheTVDB as they are now allowing non-commercial applications to use the API for free without requiring users to get a PIN. Developers would need to request it and explain the requirement, and you have to have a attribution logo like the moviedb

Martin
Thanks for letting me know. I will look into this when I find time. Any specific link you have to where they state this as they have changed their approach so many time that searches seldom find valuable results

k
Old 09-30-2022, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoell View Post
Here are the logs you requested. I have a ticket open with TVDB also. They say everything is working at their end but they are waiting to see what you find.
The logs indicate an authentication error...

GetDataFromTVDB4: response after getting new token: invalid response: code '401' HttpResponseProxy{HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

I have tested on my test system and I have no issue with authentication.

Can you verify that in BMT you have followed these steps...
  • go to BMT, Configure, Phoenix, Fanart Options
  • change TV Metadata Provider(s) to tvdb4 (then click save)
  • go to BMT, Configure, Phoenix, TheTVDB4 Configuration
  • Enter your PIN in the TVDB4 API PIN field (then click save)

You can also check your sage.properties file and see what is entered in the following property...

phoenix/metadata/tvdb4/pin=PINCODEFROMTVDB

Your PIN should be in place of PINCODEFROMTVDB

Let me know what you discover...

k
Old 09-30-2022, 03:12 PM
Sage User

Quote:
The logs indicate an authentication error...

GetDataFromTVDB4: response after getting new token: invalid response: code '401' HttpResponseProxy{HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

I have tested on my test system and I have no issue with authentication.

Can you verify that in BMT you have followed these steps...
  • go to BMT, Configure, Phoenix, Fanart Options
  • change TV Metadata Provider(s) to tvdb4 (then click save)
  • go to BMT, Configure, Phoenix, TheTVDB4 Configuration
  • Enter your PIN in the TVDB4 API PIN field (then click save)

You can also check your sage.properties file and see what is entered in the following property...

phoenix/metadata/tvdb4/pin=PINCODEFROMTVDB

Your PIN should be in place of PINCODEFROMTVDB

Let me know what you discover...

k
Everything is correct in both BMT and the sage.properties file. It worked before and I haven't changed anything. If you don't see any other errors in the log maybe I should ask TVDB if they can reset my PIN?
Old 09-30-2022, 06:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know. I will look into this when I find time. Any specific link you have to where they state this as they have changed their approach so many time that searches seldom find valuable results
I could not find the specific link either but when I read this https://kodi.tv/article/thetvdb/ I figured it might be possible so after a lot of back and forth with support I found out the negotiated license mentioned here https://thetvdb.com/api-information can be obtained simply including the attribution shown there when it is used for free software. On your Dashboard request a negotiated license and explain how it will be used.

You don't have to do anything significant to the code either except change the login to remove the pin from the POST data.

Martin
Old 09-30-2022, 07:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I could not find the specific link either but when I read this https://kodi.tv/article/thetvdb/ I figured it might be possible so after a lot of back and forth with support I found out the negotiated license mentioned here https://thetvdb.com/api-information can be obtained simply including the attribution shown there when it is used for free software. On your Dashboard request a negotiated license and explain how it will be used.

You don't have to do anything significant to the code either except change the login to remove the pin from the POST data.

Martin
Thanks for this info. I will male a request and try to determine how and where to make attribution.

k
Old 09-30-2022, 07:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Everything is correct in both BMT and the sage.properties file. It worked before and I haven't changed anything. If you don't see any other errors in the log maybe I should ask TVDB if they can reset my PIN?
The issue is absolutely authentication. Try the reset and let us know.

k
Old 09-30-2022, 07:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Martin
I have made the request for a negotiated free license and will see what happens.

k
Old 10-07-2022, 08:20 AM
Sage User

Quote:
The issue is absolutely authentication. Try the reset and let us know.

k
I'm not sure if any of this still matters since it looks like TheTVDB4 will be free at some point, but I did hear back from them about my authentication issue. Scott from TVDB sent me the below questions/comments:

>>Could you point me to the configuration guide you're using to add your TVDB PIN in SageTV? It's been such a long time since I've used SageTV, so I don't recall how anything is set up. I was able to test your PIN ("RX...") along with the API key that was created for Phoenix for SageTV ("a9..."), and our v4 login endpoint correctly returned a bearer token:

curl -X 'POST' \
'https://api4.thetvdb.com/v4/login' \
-H 'accept: application/json' \
-H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
-d '{
"apikey": "a9...",
"pin": "RX..."
}'

Result:
{
"status": "success",
"data": {
"token": "ey..."
}
}

This confirms that both your PIN and the API key are active and working as expected. I would confirm that you don't have any stray spaces around your PIN, and follow up with SageTV to make sure I'm testing with the correct API key (confirm using the first two characters I provided above). If it's a different key, please have them email me (szsori@whipmedia.com) the email address associated with the key they're using, and I can test it further.<<

I explained to Scott how we use plugins to manage Fanart and Metadata and explained the process to him on how I enter my PIN. I also checked the PIN for random spaces before or after the PIN and found none. He asks me to follow up with you to make sure he is testing the correct API and offers up his email for communication if not.

Let me know if you have questions for me. If I need to just wait for the change to free so I can get rid of the PIN I can do that. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2022, 02:01 PM
Sage User

jusjoken - you can disregard the above post regarding the response from TVDB on the authentication error. I spent most of the afternoon updating my SageTV docker on my QNAP NAS. I was still using an older version of the docker by Stuckless and wanted to get the weather working again. I couldn't find a way to update the image to the new docker you posted so I started all over. I'm now on SageTV 9.2.8.1 and TVDB4 works fine again. So you can cross this off your todo list.

Thanks for all your help.

Dave
Old 10-07-2022, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
jusjoken - you can disregard the above post regarding the response from TVDB on the authentication error. I spent most of the afternoon updating my SageTV docker on my QNAP NAS. I was still using an older version of the docker by Stuckless and wanted to get the weather working again. I couldn't find a way to update the image to the new docker you posted so I started all over. I'm now on SageTV 9.2.8.1 and TVDB4 works fine again. So you can cross this off your todo list.

Thanks for all your help.

Dave
Great to hear...