SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:18 PM
SageTVaholic

BMT 4.403 to support new TV providers

This new release supports the changes in phoenix core services 3.4.3 to provide proper links to the new tvdb4 and tmdb TV providers web sites.

K
Old 07-03-2022, 09:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
This new release supports the changes in phoenix core services 3.4.3 to provide proper links to the new tvdb4 and tmdb TV providers web sites.

K
Working great.
Old 07-15-2022, 04:20 PM
Sage User

Errors retrieving Metadata?

Is there something about the recent changes made to Phoenix and BMT that would cause me to suddenly not get accurate metadata for the TV series America's Test Kitchen from Cook's Illustrated? I haven't had to mess with BMT for years and have been recording America's Test Kitchen on PBS for a long time. All of a sudden about a week ago I started getting errors from BMT for failure to download metadata for America's test kitchen. This seems to be about the same time the changes were being made to the Phoenix and BMT plugins.

I thought this might be due to the changes at TVDB. So I signed up for a subscription to TVDB4 and made the necessary changes on the Phoenix configuration in BMT and added my new PIN to the TVDB4 config. But today I got the same error from BMT for the latest test kitchen recording.

All the episodes are still listed in BMT regardless of the error. The season and episode is stamped on the file name of the recording, and this season and episode is reported in BMT and SageTV with a description of what the episode is about. The weird thing is the description is wrong since I started getting the errors. What happens on the screen when I'm watching the episode is totally different from the description.

I don't know where SageTV gets the information it stamps on the recording file names and I don't know how BMT is getting a description of what's in the episode when it keeps saying there was an error retrieving the metadata. Any ideas or suggestions on how I can resolve this would be appreciated.
Old 07-16-2022, 08:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoell View Post
Is there something about the recent changes made to Phoenix and BMT that would cause me to suddenly not get accurate metadata for the TV series America's Test Kitchen from Cook's Illustrated? I haven't had to mess with BMT for years and have been recording America's Test Kitchen on PBS for a long time. All of a sudden about a week ago I started getting errors from BMT for failure to download metadata for America's test kitchen. This seems to be about the same time the changes were being made to the Phoenix and BMT plugins.

I thought this might be due to the changes at TVDB. So I signed up for a subscription to TVDB4 and made the necessary changes on the Phoenix configuration in BMT and added my new PIN to the TVDB4 config. But today I got the same error from BMT for the latest test kitchen recording.

All the episodes are still listed in BMT regardless of the error. The season and episode is stamped on the file name of the recording, and this season and episode is reported in BMT and SageTV with a description of what the episode is about. The weird thing is the description is wrong since I started getting the errors. What happens on the screen when I'm watching the episode is totally different from the description.

I don't know where SageTV gets the information it stamps on the recording file names and I don't know how BMT is getting a description of what's in the episode when it keeps saying there was an error retrieving the metadata. Any ideas or suggestions on how I can resolve this would be appreciated.
Can you post the logs/phoenix.log and perhaps the Metadata log if there is content. The sagetv_0.txt log could help as well.

Ideally you would post the logs right after the error occurs.

k
Old 07-19-2022, 10:14 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Can you post the logs/phoenix.log and perhaps the Metadata log if there is content. The sagetv_0.txt log could help as well.

Ideally you would post the logs right after the error occurs.

k
Sorry for not responding sooner. I'm not getting notifications from the forum for some reason.

I posted the logs you asked for....I think. Even though I've used SageTV for 10+ years I haven't been on the forum for quite a while because Sage just works most of the time. A little rusty at this I guess.

I did have to cut over 20,000 lines of text out of the phoenix.log to make it small enough to upload. These where all fan art failures from July 14.

I have had a ticket in with TVDB since July 15 about the failures on America's Test Kitchen but no response yet. I found that if I shortened the name by deleting "from Cook's Illustrated" BMT would pull the metadata. Otherwise it would fail. I also talked to schedules direct. They said that if the listings on the TV station website matched the Scheduled Direct listing but I was getting a different show on the recording then the Station is not showing what they are listing. He said he would talk to them but I haven't heard back from him either. This sure is weird.

phoenix-metadata.zip

sagetv_0.zip

phoenix.zip
Old 07-20-2022, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

I added some testing and checked out TVDB and the issue is certainly with either TVDB or the guide data provider as the names do not match so Phoenix cannot do a direct match (not sure why it used to work for you).

TVDB has: America's Test Kitchen
Guide/Filename has: AmericasTestKitchenFromCooksIllustrated

Phoenix has a way to work around shows that are not a direct match. You need a matcher added to the MediaTitles.xml file in the userdata/Phoenix/scrapers folder. If that folder does not exist then create it. I have attached a working xml if you need it and if you do not already have a MediaTitles.xml file. If you do already have one then just add the below match to that file.

Code:
  <match>
    <regex>[\\/]AmericasTestKitchenFromCooksIllustrated</regex>
    <metadata type="TV" name="tvdb4">80297</metadata>
  </match>
You need to either restart sagetv or refresh the configurations using BMT (in BMT, Refresh menu and select Refresh Configurations).

To process existing files that have not matched you can in BMT go to Browse and select Missing Metadata and then select Update Metadata and they should now match.

Hope this helps.

k
Attached Files
File Type: zip MediaTitles.zip (332 Bytes, 37 views)
Old 07-20-2022, 09:45 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I added some testing and checked out TVDB and the issue is certainly with either TVDB or the guide data provider as the names do not match so Phoenix cannot do a direct match (not sure why it used to work for you).

TVDB has: America's Test Kitchen
Guide/Filename has: AmericasTestKitchenFromCooksIllustrated

Phoenix has a way to work around shows that are not a direct match. You need a matcher added to the MediaTitles.xml file in the userdata/Phoenix/scrapers folder. If that folder does not exist then create it. I have attached a working xml if you need it and if you do not already have a MediaTitles.xml file. If you do already have one then just add the below match to that file.

Code:
  <match>
    <regex>[\\/]AmericasTestKitchenFromCooksIllustrated</regex>
    <metadata type="TV" name="tvdb4">80297</metadata>
  </match>
You need to either restart sagetv or refresh the configurations using BMT (in BMT, Refresh menu and select Refresh Configurations).

To process existing files that have not matched you can in BMT go to Browse and select Missing Metadata and then select Update Metadata and they should now match.

Hope this helps.

k
Thanks very much for the suggestion and help on the matcher. I added the scrapers folder to userdata/phoenix, dropped in the xml file you sent and refreshed configurations. I then went through the add missing metadata step for the existing files. Nothing seemed to have changed with the existing metadata. I tried the Find Metadata button on an existing recorded episode of America's Test Kitchen From Cook's Illustrated but it still can't find it unless I shorten the name in the search box. Not sure if the update missing metadata was supposed to shorten the name or not.

I thought maybe the xml file you sent needed to have the shortened title in it. So I modified the file you sent with the shorter name and went through all the steps again. Same result. I also restarted SageTV but that didn't help either.

I will go back through the BMT forum and see if I can learn more about adding matchers. Maybe I can figure out what I am doing wrong. Or maybe it will work on new episodes. Thanks again for the replies.
Old 07-20-2022, 02:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoell View Post
Thanks very much for the suggestion and help on the matcher. I added the scrapers folder to userdata/phoenix, dropped in the xml file you sent and refreshed configurations. I then went through the add missing metadata step for the existing files. Nothing seemed to have changed with the existing metadata. I tried the Find Metadata button on an existing recorded episode of America's Test Kitchen From Cook's Illustrated but it still can't find it unless I shorten the name in the search box. Not sure if the update missing metadata was supposed to shorten the name or not.

I thought maybe the xml file you sent needed to have the shortened title in it. So I modified the file you sent with the shorter name and went through all the steps again. Same result. I also restarted SageTV but that didn't help either.

I will go back through the BMT forum and see if I can learn more about adding matchers. Maybe I can figure out what I am doing wrong. Or maybe it will work on new episodes. Thanks again for the replies.
You can add a matcher from within bmt. Do the search by editing the search name on one of the files and on the resulting screen there should be an add matcher button... Fill in the full name of the title and try again after refreshing configs.

k
Old 07-20-2022, 07:05 PM
Sage User

Quote:
You can add a matcher from within bmt. Do the search by editing the search name on one of the files and on the resulting screen there should be an add matcher button... Fill in the full name of the title and try again after refreshing configs.

k
Thanks for the tip on the matcher. Before I got a chance to try it I noticed SageTV recorded another episode of America's Test Kitchen this afternoon. I checked BMT and there were no errors. The episode is the first one to have posters, banners and backgrounds. I guess the xml file you sent me shortened the name and placed the shortened name in the Fan Art Title. The show title remained the long version. So it appears that everything worked perfectly for the first time in a long time. Thanks very much for the help in getting this resolved. Good to have BMT working as it should again. Now fingers crossed I can get the listing problem solved with Schedules Direct.

Thanks again !