SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 02-09-2022, 05:48 AM
Sage Expert

.my files?

I have had to rebuild my wiz.bin lately (grew astronomically) and am having a lot of difficulty with getting my corrected metadata back.

How do I get BMT (or sage) to update / create ALL .my files? Or a group of them? I can do this with BMT's web interface for .properties, but as far as I can figure, sage ignores .property files??? <sigh>.

Can I get sage to update the metadata that is stored in the movie files themselves? As a batch! I have 8k+ movies -- individual .my through the sage metadata interface is way too time consuming here.

I can script from the commandline if there's an interface that I could use -- can this be done with sagex?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 02-09-2022, 06:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770 View Post
I have had to rebuild my wiz.bin lately (grew astronomically) and am having a lot of difficulty with getting my corrected metadata back.

How do I get BMT (or sage) to update / create ALL .my files? Or a group of them? I can do this with BMT's web interface for .properties, but as far as I can figure, sage ignores .property files??? <sigh>.

Can I get sage to update the metadata that is stored in the movie files themselves? As a batch! I have 8k+ movies -- individual .my through the sage metadata interface is way too time consuming here.

I can script from the commandline if there's an interface that I could use -- can this be done with sagex?

For the .properties files I believe you need to set this property in sage...

I have not changed this in years but sage should load the .properties files. You may need to do a TOUCH on the .properties files as they need to be newer to tell sage they have newer data.

K
Attached Images
File Type: png SagePropsSetting.PNG (20.6 KB, 208 views)
Old 02-09-2022, 07:42 AM
SageTVaholic

If you have .properties files then will Sage always read this in to create metadata?
Old 02-09-2022, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Sage does not ignore property files as a matter of fact the properties files take president over any other type of metadata.
Old 02-11-2022, 01:01 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Sage does not ignore property files as a matter of fact the properties files take president over any other type of metadata.
That is probably my problem. I've read that sage doesn't use .properties files so I've treated them as 2nd class citizens over the years and focused on .my files.

SO... if I delete all my .my files and tell BMT to create a complete new set of .properties files from the web interface -- should I have a much easier time when I move files around?

Edit: (I just told sage to stop making .my files and left it making .properties files).

Thank you!
David

DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
Synology NAS 22TB

Last edited by davidk21770; 02-11-2022 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-11-2022, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That is probably my problem. I've read that sage doesn't use .properties files so I've treated them as 2nd class citizens over the years and focused on .my files.

SO... if I delete all my .my files and tell BMT to create a complete new set of .properties files from the web interface -- should I have a much easier time when I move files around?

Edit: (I just told sage to stop making .my files and left it making .properties files).

Thank you!
David
Yep Exactly what I do is tell CMT to make property files for all recordings. I always move the properties and TV files together. CMT makes property files for all recordings with all the data.

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-11-2022 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-11-2022, 05:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yep Exactly what I do is tell CMT to make property files for all recordings. I always move the properties and TV files together. CMT makes property files for all recordings with all the data.
CMT can also create .my files, but they don't provide any function within SageTV.

.my files are an old text format file from the old MYHTPC (precursor to Meedio) days. They are basically a tagged format file which a variety of applications can read.

John
Old 02-13-2022, 04:20 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Thanks! I will delete 'em all.

They can cause confusion. I had sage set to automatically read the .my and update the db and every time that I edited the metadata (I was assuming that it updated the .my's) -- but when it did reread the .my it changed the metadata back! Had me scratching my head until I remembered that I had changed that.

Synology NAS 22TB