SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Live TV and Jetty web pages are no longer working?

Can't say when exactly this started, but as the subject says:

(1) Live TV no longer functions. I get about a second of A/V, then it returns to the guide. No errors.

(2) All I get are 404 errors now when trying to access http://(sagetvserver):8080/apps/ or http://(sagetvserver):8080/sage/Home

Recordings however *seem* to be occurring, and I can play back said recordings.

I noticed the new docker containers and updated, no change.

Clients are nvidia ShieldTVs w/the android client. Server OS is Open Media Vault 5. Docker command is:

Code:
docker create \
                  --name sagetv \
                  --net host \
                  --privileged \
                  --restart on-failure:5 \
                  -e OPT_GENTUNER=N \
                  -e OPT_COMMANDIR=N \
                  -e OPT_COMSKIP=N \
                  -e PUID=1006 \
                  -e PGID=100 \
                  -e VIDEO_GUID=44 \
                  -e JAVA_MEM_MB=2048 \
                  -v /mnt/TV1/RecordedTV:/var/media \
                  -v /mnt/TV2/RecordedTV:/var/media2 \
                  -v /mnt/Docker/sagetv/TVFanart:/var/mediaext \
                  -v /mnt/Docker/sagetv/data:/opt/sagetv \
                  -t -i "sagetvopen/sagetv-server-java11"
I don't see anything odd in the logs but I confess to not really know what to look for.

One thing I DO see that I trust is a bug...why is the docker container trying to mount every partition in my server instead of just the locations I specify? Please tell me that's not intentional. How does a docker container even know what my partitions are? My logs are filled with several of these, one per disk partition. Note the "external" directory (mapped to TV1/RecordedTV) re-appears if it is deleted.

Code:
Tue 1/25 22:55:28.790 [HotplugStorage@748eec5a] Setup dir for external device mount: /var/media/external/sdj1
Tue 1/25 22:55:28.790 [HotplugStorage@748eec5a] Executing process: [sh, -c, mount  | grep -i "/var/media/external/sdj1 type"]
Tue 1/25 22:55:28.791 [HotplugStorage@748eec5a] Started process object: Process[pid=307, exitValue="not exited"]
Tue 1/25 22:55:28.807 [HotplugStorage@748eec5a] Executing process: [mount, /dev/sdj1, /var/media/external/sdj1, -o, noatime]
Tue 1/25 22:55:28.807 [HotplugStorage@748eec5a] Started process object: Process[pid=315, exitValue="not exited"]
Tue 1/25 22:55:28.809 [ErrorStreamConsumer@a62f8e7] STDERR:Process[pid=315, exitValue=1]: mount: only root can use "--options" option
Tue 1/25 22:55:28.809 [HotplugStorage@748eec5a] Executing process: [mount, /dev/sdj1, /var/media/external/sdj1]
Tue 1/25 22:55:28.809 [HotplugStorage@748eec5a] Started process object: Process[pid=318, exitValue="not exited"]
Tue 1/25 22:55:28.811 [ErrorStreamConsumer@25067234] STDERR:Process[pid=318, exitValue=1]: mount: only root can do that
Tue 1/25 22:55:28.812 [HotplugStorage@748eec5a] Failed mounting
Old 01-26-2022, 05:57 AM
SageTVaholic

The mount errors is not likely related. I see them and not sure why sage try's that but I am not having any issues.

There have been recent issues posted re the Shield and re the recent Android client so you may want to check those out.

For Jetty... Did you update to the new version? If so please post logs and check out the post on the new version

K
Old 01-26-2022, 08:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The mount errors is not likely related. I see them and not sure why sage try's that but I am not having any issues.
Yes, I agree but this is new behavior. The "external" directory was time stamped Jan 8 2022. I bring it up because it is unexpected, unwanted, unneeded, and I consider it malicious activity. No app should be poking it's nose into places I don't explicitly tell it to, and there is nothing SageTV could possibly need in any of those places. If this part of the underlying SageTV code who do I need to notify?

Quote:
There have been recent issues posted re the Shield and re the recent Android client so you may want to check those out.
Yah, I happened to think of the update issues as I went to bed, tested on the bedroom shield (w/o the update) and it works there. My symptoms are different from the ones I found in the mini client thread, but I'll go poke around over there, thanks for pointing me over there.

Update: Fixed with the latest freshly released client. Thanks again! See https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=633075&postcount=978

Quote:
For Jetty... Did you update to the new version? If so please post logs and check out the post on the new version
I got update notices for a new version a few weeks ago and updated. I'm sure it's worked since then though as I always check on the web page before I shut down or reboot the server to make sure it's not recording something. Where are the logs?

Update: Continued here: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=115

Last edited by texneus; 01-26-2022 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by texneus View Post
Yes, I agree but this is new behavior. The "external" directory was time stamped Jan 8 2022. I bring it up because it is unexpected, unwanted, unneeded, and I consider it malicious activity. No app should be poking it's nose into places I don't explicitly tell it to, and there is nothing SageTV could possibly need in any of those places. If this part of the underlying SageTV code who do I need to notify?
I will look into this more but I am not sure what causes it but likely coincident with the new docker builds so could be something needs adjustments related to Ubuntu 20.04 or perhaps something else. I will look.

K