SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 01-28-2022, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvymetal View Post
With stuckless docker it allows for the bash script sagetv-user-script.sh in the server directory. It executes before the start of of the SageTV server.
Would that work for you?
Old 01-28-2022, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
When you do get the time to look into this, you may also want to check into adding commands to run when stopping the docker container as well. Not sure if that is even possible or not...
Sure
Old 01-28-2022, 09:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvymetal View Post
With stuckless docker it allows for the bash script sagetv-user-script.sh in the server directory. It executes before the start of of the SageTV server.
Is this gone in the new docker builds? It would be great to have it back as I like to run a process to restart all of my extenders when the docker restarts. The docker has to shut down and restart if you use the CA Backup plugin to back up your dockers.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Is this gone in the new docker builds? It would be great to have it back as I like to run a process to restart all of my extenders when the docker restarts. The docker has to shut down and restart if you use the CA Backup plugin to back up your dockers.
It's still in the SageTV docker startup. The poster was asking for equivalent functionality in the OpenDCT docker.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 01-28-2022, 09:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It's still in the SageTV docker startup. The poster was asking for equivalent functionality in the OpenDCT docker.
Thanks Keith, just to be clarify, is this still in the sagetvopen-sagetv-server-opendct-java11 docker that has both SageTV and OpenDCT? I don't see that file, but that may be because I have not created it for that docker. I have the file on my old server with the old Java8 stuckless docker.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks Keith, just to be clarify, is this still in the sagetvopen-sagetv-server-opendct-java11 docker that has both SageTV and OpenDCT? I don't see that file, but that may be because I have not created it for that docker. I have the file on my old server with the old Java8 stuckless docker.
Yes, I am using that exact docker, and the startup script is working. I think you need to create the file containing the script, and flag it as executable.
Old 01-28-2022, 10:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Perfect, thanks.
Old 01-29-2022, 06:28 AM
Sage User

Backing up wiz.bin and properties

I'm in the process of migrating from running SageTV in a Windows VM running on Proxmox to running in a Docker container on my Synology. (The days of me running a home lab for fun are long in the past.)

I had a scheduled task on Windows to back up the wiz.bin and properties every hour.

I'm curious how others do something similar? Do you configure the Docker container with a cron job? Or do you run something external, like for me as a Synology Scheduled Task?
Old 01-29-2022, 06:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteele View Post
I'm in the process of migrating from running SageTV in a Windows VM running on Proxmox to running in a Docker container on my Synology. (The days of me running a home lab for fun are long in the past.)

I had a scheduled task on Windows to back up the wiz.bin and properties every hour.

I'm curious how others do something similar? Do you configure the Docker container with a cron job? Or do you run something external, like for me as a Synology Scheduled Task?
I don't have a Synology, but I do have a QNAP NAS device, which has a fairly robust backup/sync solution built-in allowing for scheduled backups as often as every minute. I would think the Synology would have something similar.
Old 01-29-2022, 08:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Don't forget, you need to setup that file to copy over the FireWire tuning commands, otherwise the next time there is an update to the docker the FireWire will break.
Old 01-29-2022, 09:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker:WG View Post
Don't forget, you need to setup that file to copy over the FireWire tuning commands, otherwise the next time there is an update to the docker the FireWire will break.
Why is that? I didn't set up anything manually for FireWire tuning, I am using the unRAID FireWire plugin. What do you need to redo every time the docker is updated?
Old 01-29-2022, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteele View Post

Most of us using dockers are using unRAID. There is a backup plugin that can backup all of your dockers. I run that on a weekly basis. One issue is that when this runs it has to stop and then restart the dockers, which has pros and cons.

Why do you backup the wiz.bin and sage.properties so frequently?
Old 01-30-2022, 08:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Why is that? I didn't set up anything manually for FireWire tuning, I am using the unRAID FireWire plugin. What do you need to redo every time the docker is updated?
When I first setup FireWire tuning, there was a file that needed to be replaced in the docker to have the correct commands for my Shaw STB units (Motorola dcx3200m).

If the docker gets rebuilt then the file gets overwritten. The script automatically copy's the file over from a safe location and replaces it on startup so it's always correct.

I implemented it as it was part of the instructions in a post on these forums. Maybe it isn't necessary with these newer dockers though?
Old 01-30-2022, 09:08 PM
SageTVaholic

I didn't have to do that with either the new docker or the old stuckless docker that I installed back in December. The FireWire just worked.

And I don't think I had to do that five years ago when I first installed the docker version of SageTV.

My boxes are Rogers Sci Atlanta/Cisco and they just magically worked without any config whatsoever.
Old 02-15-2022, 11:48 PM

Java Differences

Any chance someone can explain the advantages and disadvantages of the different Docker Java versions?

I think a number of plugins are not compatible with newer Java versions?
Old 02-16-2022, 09:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBGB View Post
Any chance someone can explain the advantages and disadvantages of the different Docker Java versions?

I think a number of plugins are not compatible with newer Java versions?
Java 16 - the latest but given the age of many plugins there is a risk some will have issues. Known issue with the Web Application as it uses javascript which was removed as of Java 15

Java 11 - should support most plugins but I know SageAlert will fail

Java 8 - Only issue I am aware of is if you use the OLD Jetty plugin then there will be issues but these were resolved with the latest Jetty plugin. Likely the most compatible with older plugins.

K
Old 02-18-2022, 04:07 PM
Sage Icon

Looks like a new version of Comskip was just released, version 0.82.011. Would it be possible to update the docker container to use the new release? The version it is currently using is about four years old.
Old 02-18-2022, 09:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Looks like a new version of Comskip was just released, version 0.82.011. Would it be possible to update the docker container to use the new release? The version it is currently using is about four years old.
I van make that happen... Do you know where I can get the new release

K
Old 02-18-2022, 10:02 PM
SageTVaholic

I found it.

Thanls
Old 03-01-2022, 12:20 PM
Sage User

Comskip Refusing to Run

I found these new Docker images (thanks!) and have been trying them out in Container Station on my QNAP NAS. The only issue I appear to have is that I can't get Comskip to run. I installed the Commercial Detector UI plugin, which in turn installed the Commercial Detector and Comskip Playback plugins. But selecting a video and choosing "Run Comskip" does nothing.

I do not have these issues with the "old" stuckless/sagetv-build Docker image.

Any ideas?