SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 12-15-2021, 01:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Running multiple SageTV dockers on one server

I am building a new server and I may want to play around with multiple SageTV/Java combos. Initially I will just be using an HDHR tuner as my source so there isn't an issue of hardware contention for USB devices like HDPVRs.

Even after I settle on a Java version I may want to keep multiple docker versions of SageTV to be able to play around with stuff without screwing up my main instance of SageTV.

Here is my plan. Any reasons why this won't work?
  1. Install first docker version of SageTV and use the br0 network type to give the docker its own IP address, say 192.168.1.230 (this will prevent port conflicts)
  2. Do SageTV configuration including HDHR tuners, plugins, etc.
  3. Install second version of SageTV using a different appdata folder name and new IP address, say 192.168.1.231.
  4. Shut down both dockers and copy the appdata folder from version 1 over the appdata folder for version 2 doing a copy and replace.
In theory that should copy over all of the configuration and installed plugins. Is there any reason why this wouldn't work?
Given that they are running on separate IP addresses I think there shouldn't be any problems, is that the case?

Anything to be aware of?
Old 12-19-2021, 10:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Haven't tried it, so I can't say for sure, but it sounds reasonable.

If you are copying everything over config wise, you may cause yourself some issues with IP addresses. Not sure how much (if anything) pertaining to that is in the server config files.
Old 12-19-2021, 11:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Great idea. Let us know how it goes.
Old 12-20-2021, 07:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker:WG View Post
Haven't tried it, so I can't say for sure, but it sounds reasonable.

If you are copying everything over config wise, you may cause yourself some issues with IP addresses. Not sure how much (if anything) pertaining to that is in the server config files.
Good point, I will keep an eye out for that.
Old 12-26-2021, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

I just did what you suggest here and it worked well in my testing so far.

I now have my SageTV with java 11 docker running under 1 IP (BR0) and SageTV under Java 16 docker running under another IP with a complete copy of the appdata folder from the SageTV 11 docker. I did not have to configure anything on my Java 16 docker.

Worked great.

Thanks
K