SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 01-19-2022, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
sagetv-server-opendct-java8 is the one I'm using due to SageAlerts

Right now I just went back and tried "/bin/ffmpeg" to no avail.
So that seems to be the location. within the docker...which is where opendct runs from (even tho it is installed outside the docker).

I could run it from within the console as ./bin/ffmpeg
Old 01-19-2022, 11:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
So that seems to be the location. within the docker...which is where opendct runs from (even tho it is installed outside the docker).

I could run it from within the console as ./bin/ffmpeg
I can run ffmpeg from the console, too, which is quite frustrating. The only clue I get is in the opendct log:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2022/01/19 23:02:42.714 | 23:02:42.687 [SageTVRequestHandler-167: NoVirtualDevice > 13120FB9_0] ERROR SageTVRequestHandler - SageTV requested the tuner '13120FB9_0 HDMI' and it does not exist at this time.

Later it says that the device is ready. I have this working on a Win10 instance of opendct, and I don't get this error message.

I've been assuming I get the error because opendct can't find ffmpeg, but I've tried all sorts of paths with no luck, so I'm beginning to think it's something else.
Old 01-20-2022, 06:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I can run ffmpeg from the console, too, which is quite frustrating. The only clue I get is in the opendct log:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2022/01/19 23:02:42.714 | 23:02:42.687 [SageTVRequestHandler-167: NoVirtualDevice > 13120FB9_0] ERROR SageTVRequestHandler - SageTV requested the tuner '13120FB9_0 HDMI' and it does not exist at this time.

Later it says that the device is ready. I have this working on a Win10 instance of opendct, and I don't get this error message.

I've been assuming I get the error because opendct can't find ffmpeg, but I've tried all sorts of paths with no luck, so I'm beginning to think it's something else.
What is the entry you are using to enable this in OpenDCT?
Old 01-20-2022, 09:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
What is the entry you are using to enable this in OpenDCT?
I followed the instructions for the Generic HTTP device and named pipe and have checked them several times. The current device is
Code:
sagetv.device.-660350269.streaming_executable=../../../bin/ffmpeg -i http\://192.168.1.107\:5004/auto/v%c% -f mpegts -codec\:v copy -codec\:a copy -
On my working Win10 instance I use this
Code:
sagetv.device.-660351818.streaming_executable=c\:\\\\ffmpeg\\bin\\ffmpeg.exe -i http\://192.168.1.107\:5004/auto/v%c% -f mpegts -codec\:v copy -codec\:a copy -
I have tried several paths for ffmpeg, this was just the latest. I've also tried "/bin/ffmpeg", "./bin/ffmpeg", "ffmpeg", and maybe others in the past.

If you have any ideas that would be great, but I know this may be an OpenDCT problem and not a docker problem.

I've pretty much resigned myself to using a standalone Win10 system to serve up my HDPVR2's along with a temporary instance of OpenDCT, and I can just make that permanent. Was just hoping to consolidate if possible.
Old 01-20-2022, 01:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ken, I finally figured it out! I just put copies of ffmpeg in every folder resembling 'bin', double checked all the other settings, and now it works! Thanks for looking at this for me though, that prompted me to spend a few hours on it.
Old 01-20-2022, 10:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ken, I finally figured it out! I just put copies of ffmpeg in every folder resembling 'bin', double checked all the other settings, and now it works! Thanks for looking at this for me though, that prompted me to spend a few hours on it.
Great to hear. Keep in mind if you update the docker you will lose those changes. If you figure out where it really belongs I could update the docker build process.

K
Old 01-20-2022, 11:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Great to hear. Keep in mind if you update the docker you will lose those changes. If you figure out where it really belongs I could update the docker build process.

K
I did some checking and it needs to be in /usr/bin, but I think it was already there. ffprobe and ffplay are there too and I didn't move them. So, maybe the problem was something else.

I did also rename the tuners, which caused OpenDCT to add a new set of tuner devices, so maybe that fixed something that was wrong, although I have compared all the values and they are the same.
Old 01-21-2022, 08:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I did some checking and it needs to be in /usr/bin, but I think it was already there. ffprobe and ffplay are there too and I didn't move them. So, maybe the problem was something else.

I did also rename the tuners, which caused OpenDCT to add a new set of tuner devices, so maybe that fixed something that was wrong, although I have compared all the values and they are the same.
The trick is really the binary version of ffmpeg that you use. I use this one with the docker on my synolgy nas:

https://www.johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/faq/

The one that was already there in the container by default did not work.

I use this version of the opendct docker on that machine:

https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/00madz/opendct/

You can check your paths to see what they are and put the binary in any of them (I think):

Quote:
echo $PATH
output:
Quote:
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
Dont forget to ensure that the ffmpeg is executable:
Quote:
sudo chmod+x ffmpeg

Last edited by boukmandutty; 01-21-2022 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukmandutty View Post
The trick is really the binary version of ffmpeg that you use. I use this one with the docker on my synolgy nas:

https://www.johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/faq/

The one that was already there in the container by default did not work.

I use this version of the opendct docker on that machine:

https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/00madz/opendct/

You can check your paths to see what they are and put the binary in any of them (I think):

output:

Dont forget to ensure that the ffmpeg is executable:
The version of ffmpeg in the new docker is dated 2020, so it looks like it is newer than the one you linked, which is dated 2018 on that webpage. It seems to work fine.

I'm not really sure why the generic pipe tuners started working, but when I renamed them on a lark OpenDCT created all new device entries and I think that had something to do with it. I had tried all those paths previously in my old OpenDCT docker but they didn't work, so I'm just glad it's finally working.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The version of ffmpeg in the new docker is dated 2020, so it looks like it is newer than the one you linked, which is dated 2018 on that webpage. It seems to work fine.

I'm not really sure why the generic pipe tuners started working, but when I renamed them on a lark OpenDCT created all new device entries and I think that had something to do with it. I had tried all those paths previously in my old OpenDCT docker but they didn't work, so I'm just glad it's finally working.
Yeah I noticed the virtual turners seem to be very sensitive to the slightest changes. Changing even your ip address or your ethernet device requires that you delete your old video sources and put them back in with the names opendct has decided upon.

I need to update my ffmpeg it seems. I should just get the docker and copy the one there to my linux system.
Old 01-25-2022, 08:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

@jusjoken First thanks for all the great work. I have a request. I'm in the process of working on getting PlutoTV native to SageTV using the OpenDCT with streamlink. Is it possible to to change the docker for OpenDCT to use a more updated version of Ubuntu? Currently it is using FROM ubuntu:16.04 which is outdated and not supported. To get streamlink to work it requires python 3.6 or higher which would require compiling its source....a task that is not taken lightly.

FYI currently I have Streamlink with OpenDCT working perfectly on SageTV with the combined docker with SageTV server as it use Ubuntu 20. Also since streamlink is being used there are also no lockups with commercials. Guide data that is being used is the docker that was created for ChannelsDVR. With my updated XMLTV plugin and a small bash script OpenDCT can tune all PlutoTV channels with no issues and have guide data.

Last edited by hvymetal; 01-25-2022 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-25-2022, 02:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvymetal View Post
@jusjoken First thanks for all the great work. I have a request. I'm in the process of working on getting PlutoTV native to SageTV using the OpenDCT with streamlink. Is it possible to to change the docker for OpenDCT to use a more updated version of Ubuntu? Currently it is using FROM ubuntu:16.04 which is outdated and not supported. To get streamlink to work it requires python 3.6 or higher which would require compiling its source....a task that is not taken lightly.

FYI currently I have Streamlink with OpenDCT working perfectly on SageTV with the combined docker with SageTV server as it use Ubuntu 20. Also since streamlink is being used there are also no lockups with commercials. Guide data that is being used is the docker that was created for ChannelsDVR. With my updated XMLTV plugin and a small bash script OpenDCT can tune all PlutoTV channels with no issues and have guide data.
Absolutely. Should not take long...i will put it on my todo list for tomorrow morning

K
Old 01-26-2022, 07:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

New version of OpenDCT docker pushed with these changes...

### 2.0.4
- ODCT - now uses ubuntu 20.04
- ODCT - removed changing properties to force media server as that is the default anyway

K
Old 01-27-2022, 09:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way get cron service in the OpenDCT docker starts. Cron is installed but for life of me to get it start when the docker starts
Old 01-27-2022, 10:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there a way get cron service in the OpenDCT docker starts. Cron is installed but for life of me to get it start when the docker starts
I have not tried this yet but have you tried..

systemctl enable --now cron

K
Old 01-27-2022, 10:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

K
I get the following

Code:
root@c8132ee9cd84:/# systemctl enable --now cron
Synchronizing state of cron.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable cron
System has not been booted with systemd as init system (PID 1). Can't operate.
Failed to connect to bus: Host is down
root@c8132ee9cd84:/#
Old 01-27-2022, 11:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

K
Okay I got it force to run but there has to be a better way

Code:
##Remove /opt/opendct/console-only
sed -i '/\/opt\/opendct\/console-only/d' /usr/bin/install-opendct.sh
##Remove cron -f -l 2 &  #In case it was already added
sed -i '/cron -f -l 2 &/d' /usr/bin/install-opendct.sh
##Insert line cron -f -l 2 &
echo 'cron -f -l 2 &' >> /usr/bin/install-opendct.sh
##Insert line /opt/opendct/console-only
echo '/opt/opendct/console-only' >> /usr/bin/install-opendct.sh

Last edited by hvymetal; 01-27-2022 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-28-2022, 06:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Okay I got it force to run but there has to be a better way

Code:
##Remove /opt/opendct/console-only
sed -i '/\/opt\/opendct\/console-only/d' /usr/bin/install-opendct.sh
##Remove cron -f -l 2 &  #In case it was already added
sed -i '/cron -f -l 2 &/d' /usr/bin/install-opendct.sh
##Insert line cron -f -l 2 &
echo 'cron -f -l 2 &' >> /usr/bin/install-opendct.sh
##Insert line /opt/opendct/console-only
echo '/opt/opendct/console-only' >> /usr/bin/install-opendct.sh
I will find some time to review. I believe the other dockers implement an init system that allows the use to add their own commands to run at start (stuckless implemented this). I could likely do something similar in the OpenDCT docker... just need to find the time.

K
Old 01-28-2022, 07:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I will find some time to review. I believe the other dockers implement an init system that allows the use to add their own commands to run at start (stuckless implemented this).
K
With stuckless docker it allows for the bash script sagetv-user-script.sh in the server directory. It executes before the start of of the SageTV server.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I will find some time to review. I believe the other dockers implement an init system that allows the use to add their own commands to run at start (stuckless implemented this). I could likely do something similar in the OpenDCT docker... just need to find the time.

K
When you do get the time to look into this, you may also want to check into adding commands to run when stopping the docker container as well. Not sure if that is even possible or not...
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls