SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 01-12-2022, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

What was in the new Java11 non-DCT docker that was released a day or two ago. unRAID is telling me that there is an upgrade available.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
What was in the new Java11 non-DCT docker that was released a day or two ago. unRAID is telling me that there is an upgrade available.
See this post...

As well, I have now included the change log link in the first post and in Unraid Apps tab, if you go to installed apps, the info screen should now include the change log.

K

Last edited by jusjoken; 01-12-2022 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-16-2022, 01:07 PM
Sage Icon

So I'm a bit puzzled... I did an in-place migration today to the sagetvopen-sagetv-server-opendct-java11 docker, everything seemed to go well. I was expecting to get automatically upgraded to SageTV version 9.2.8.1, but when I look at System Information on my HD300, it shows that I am on 9.2.5.168. The docker log shows this:

Code:
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/20-upgrade-sagetv...
SageTV Home: /opt/sagetv/server
Finding latest stable version...

9.2.8.1 is the lastest matching version on OpenSageTV/sagetv-linux

Finding download URL for version 9.2.8.1...

SageTV Server binary (.tar.gz) for 9.2.8.1 can be installed from https://github.com/OpenSageTV/sagetv-linux/releases/download/9.2.8.1/sagetv-server_9.2.8_amd64.tar.gz
SageTV Already At Version: 9.2.8.1, exiting...
Is my HD300 showing the incorrect version number, or is the docker lying and I am not already at version 9.2.8.1?
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 01-16-2022, 05:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
So I'm a bit puzzled... I did an in-place migration today to the sagetvopen-sagetv-server-opendct-java11 docker, everything seemed to go well. I was expecting to get automatically upgraded to SageTV version 9.2.8.1, but when I look at System Information on my HD300, it shows that I am on 9.2.5.168. The docker log shows this:

Code:
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/20-upgrade-sagetv...
SageTV Home: /opt/sagetv/server
Finding latest stable version...

9.2.8.1 is the lastest matching version on OpenSageTV/sagetv-linux

Finding download URL for version 9.2.8.1...

SageTV Server binary (.tar.gz) for 9.2.8.1 can be installed from https://github.com/OpenSageTV/sagetv-linux/releases/download/9.2.8.1/sagetv-server_9.2.8_amd64.tar.gz
SageTV Already At Version: 9.2.8.1, exiting...
Is my HD300 showing the incorrect version number, or is the docker lying and I am not already at version 9.2.8.1?
I am running the same docker and my system info from a windows placeshifter shows the below...

Attached Images
File Type: png SystemInfo.png (397.9 KB, 337 views)
Old 01-16-2022, 06:25 PM
Sage Icon

Here's a screenshot from my Placeshifter:

A couple of other pieces of information:
  • I do have "Latest" specified in the SageTV Version field in the container parameters.
  • When I originally added this docker (as a test), I had changed the paths as you had recommended, so that it would not interfere with my production docker(s). Fast forward to this morning, I changed those same paths back to the paths that had been specified in my production dockers. Of course, the old production dockers are no longer running.
So I'm wondering if the docker is somehow still looking at my old "test" path, and seeing that the sage executable in that test path is the latest version, and bypassing the upgrade.

p.s. My Sage.jar file in the /mnt/user/appdata/sagetv/ directory is dated 5/25/2021. My Sage.jar file in the /mnt/user/appdata/sagetv-test/ directory is dated 1/5/2022.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Placeshifter Screenshot.jpg (96.4 KB, 352 views)

Last edited by KeithAbbott; 01-16-2022 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-16-2022, 09:53 PM
Sage Icon

Well, I figured out why my docker was not updating to the latest SageTV version. The hidden .SAGE_CUR_VERSION file in the /mnt/user/appdata/sagetv/server directory contained a value of 9.2.8.1, so the docker startup thought it was already at the latest version. I updated the contents of the file to 9.2.5.168, and lo and behold, the docker then updated SageTV to 9.2.8.1.

However, it is still a mystery how that value got into the /mnt/user/appdata/sagetv/server/.SAGE_CUR_VERSION to begin with.
Old 01-16-2022, 10:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, I figured out why my docker was not updating to the latest SageTV version. The hidden .SAGE_CUR_VERSION file in the /mnt/user/appdata/sagetv/server directory contained a value of 9.2.8.1, so the docker startup thought it was already at the latest version. I updated the contents of the file to 9.2.5.168, and lo and behold, the docker then updated SageTV to 9.2.8.1.

However, it is still a mystery how that value got into the /mnt/user/appdata/sagetv/server/.SAGE_CUR_VERSION to begin with.
Glad you figured it out. When I find time I will look over the process that writes that file to ensure the logic is correct but gut tells me it was a timing thing switching between paths.

K
Old 01-16-2022, 10:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

When I start SageTV Client on my PC, I can see my old docker by name as well as IP address. But the new docker, that I am still setting up and testing with, is listed with its name appearing like a MAC address, even though it isn't the MAC address of the docker:

de5bf3afb405,V9.2.8,192.168.1.6

Is there a way to give this docker a system name so that it's friendlier looking in the list? I put it in the Windows hosts file but that didn't work.
Old 01-17-2022, 06:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
When I start SageTV Client on my PC, I can see my old docker by name as well as IP address. But the new docker, that I am still setting up and testing with, is listed with its name appearing like a MAC address, even though it isn't the MAC address of the docker:

Is there a way to give this docker a system name so that it's friendlier looking in the list? I put it in the Windows hosts file but that didn't work.
You can provide your own hostname for any docker by following these steps...
  • Click on the dockers icon and select Edit
  • Make sure Advance mode is turned on in the top right
  • A new option will be listed for "Extra Parameters"
  • Add the following to this field...
    --hostname MyHostName
  • Click Apply - it will rebuild and restart the docker

I tested it and this worked for me in placeshifter and client.

K
Old 01-17-2022, 08:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

There is also a line in the Sage.properties file where you can change this manually. It starts out with hostname= with nothing there. Just add in what you want. Not sure if you have to do this while the docker is stopped.
Old 01-17-2022, 10:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
A new option will be listed for "Extra Parameters"
Add the following to this field...
--hostname MyHostName
Quote:
There is also a line in the Sage.properties file where you can change this manually. It starts out with hostname= with nothing there. Just add in what you want. Not sure if you have to do this while the docker is stopped.
Thanks @wayner, that worked.

Ken, when I tried your method it blew up my docker image and it became an orphan. Attempts to restore it failed UNTIL I removed the -hostname advanced parameter, then it came back just fine. I tried to use the hostname "SageTV-Server" so maybe there is something about that name that isn't liked, maybe the dash.
Old 01-17-2022, 11:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks @wayner, that worked.

Ken, when I tried your method it blew up my docker image and it became an orphan. Attempts to restore it failed UNTIL I removed the -hostname advanced parameter, then it came back just fine. I tried to use the hostname "SageTV-Server" so maybe there is something about that name that isn't liked, maybe the dash.
Did you use two dashes...as in --hostname

K
Old 01-17-2022, 11:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Did you use two dashes...as in --hostname

K
You know, I may have overlooked that.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:52 PM
Sage Icon

Is there a specific order for the startup process for OpenDCT and SageTV in these dockers? I was always under the impression that OpenDCT needs to start first, with SageTV to follow. However, when I look at the logs, it appears they are both started pretty much simultaneously. I should note, I am not seeing any recording problems with my tuners. However, I am seeing entries in the log shortly after starting the docker that the tuners "do not exist at this time".
Old 01-17-2022, 10:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there a specific order for the startup process for OpenDCT and SageTV in these dockers? I was always under the impression that OpenDCT needs to start first, with SageTV to follow. However, when I look at the logs, it appears they are both started pretty much simultaneously. I should note, I am not seeing any recording problems with my tuners. However, I am seeing entries in the log shortly after starting the docker that the tuners "do not exist at this time".
I implemented a 30 second delay after starting opendct before SageTV starts. In testing it seems to be the right amount. If people find issues I could make it configurable

K.
Old 01-17-2022, 11:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't think I would as the template would not have all the opendct settings (paths).

I would tend to stop the existing dockers (turn off autostart too) then go to apps and select the new combined docker and when configuring it just point it to the same sagetv and opendct paths as the 2 previous dockers used (making sure you had a backup just in case).

Then start the new docker...and if all is good, do a remove on the old dockers.

Hope that helps.

K
To pick this back up - I have the new SageTV docker but I don't have OpenDCT running on a new unRAID server. If I want to install the SageTV+OpenDCT would I just stop the old SageTV docker, select the new Docker and just use the same parameters as the old SageTV docker while adding in any new paths, etc for OpenDCT? Would that work?
Old 01-18-2022, 06:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
To pick this back up - I have the new SageTV docker but I don't have OpenDCT running on a new unRAID server. If I want to install the SageTV+OpenDCT would I just stop the old SageTV docker, select the new Docker and just use the same parameters as the old SageTV docker while adding in any new paths, etc for OpenDCT? Would that work?
Yes, that would work. The SageTV part of the docker is identical

K
Old 01-19-2022, 03:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm trying to use the Generic Pipe method of streaming from within this docker, but opendct can't find ffmpeg. If I log into the console, ffmpeg is in /bin but opendct doesn't seem to be able to find it and it reports that the tuner doesn't exist.

Anyone know the path for ffmpeg as opendct would see it?
Old 01-19-2022, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm trying to use the Generic Pipe method of streaming from within this docker, but opendct can't find ffmpeg. If I log into the console, ffmpeg is in /bin but opendct doesn't seem to be able to find it and it reports that the tuner doesn't exist.

Anyone know the path for ffmpeg as opendct would see it?
Which docker?

K
Old 01-19-2022, 05:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Which docker?

K
sagetv-server-opendct-java8 is the one I'm using due to SageAlerts

Right now I just went back and tried "/bin/ffmpeg" to no avail.