SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-31-2020, 12:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
IMO sports is the main reason to stick with a SageTV system.
I don't watch sports at all, but use Sage for everything I do watch: I get to keep local copies so I'm not dependent on when the streaming services decide to remove something, can skip commercials, don't need to deal with cable (etc.) DVR limitations, and I can record my news shows - which are iffy at best hard to get streaming. I use PlayOn as backup for missed/problem recordings, and for streaming-only shows, but I always move the recordings into Sage for watching, and Sage is much more seamless.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:13 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCRUser View Post
I don't watch sports at all, but use Sage for everything I do watch: I get to keep local copies so I'm not dependent on when the streaming services decide to remove something, can skip commercials, don't need to deal with cable (etc.) DVR limitations, and I can record my news shows - which are iffy at best hard to get streaming. I use PlayOn as backup for missed/problem recordings, and for streaming-only shows, but I always move the recordings into Sage for watching, and Sage is much more seamless.
LOL, you sound like me. That is exactly the reasons I use SageTV instead of watching on streaming services.
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 12-31-2020, 10:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

If there are any left I would love one.

Thanks
David
Old 01-01-2021, 06:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

I would love one as well if you have any left - not sure how I missed the first message!
Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2021, 12:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I have totally moved away from SageTV and as a result I have many unused HD300s. I don't have an exact total, but I am guessing I have close to a dozen. A few are in unopened boxes. Some are missing the dongle. Most work, some may not.

If anybody wants some, or all, of them please let me know. I will give them away for the price of shipping BUT I have one request - Please do not sell them. I ask that you either use them yourself or give them away. I have no way to really enforce this request but most of the people I have met through these forums seem to be pretty honest.

I think I prefer to send them all to one person who has been recently active on these forums and then let him/her give them away to other people who are active.

By the way, leaving SageTV was a VERY difficult and emotional choice. I put a lot of time and effort into developing plugins and generally tinkering with SageTV. I still feel the loss.

Please post your requests in this thread and not via PM.

Merry Christmas too!
Happy New Year folks. tmiranda’s generous Xmas HD300’s will be distributed shortly after I receive them. I believe there are only nine, and we already have more requests, so the fairest way is for the first responders to his original post have first crack, in order. If they will safely fit in a USPS box, the shipping price will be the same for the continental U.S. Anyone on the first refusal list outside the continental U.S. can request their shipping method. PayPal will be the accepted payment method, maybe Venmo, but count on PayPal. I’ll PM each of you to begin and we’ll go from there.
Hopefully everyone should have them by mid-January.
Long live SageTV. Lol.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 01-11-2021, 10:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok folks, tmiranda’s HD300’s have arrived. I’ll be PM-ing you folks in order of posting with questions, etc - some shipping hurdles to overcome to keep costs down, etc.
Check your inbox’s
tvmaster
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 01-13-2021, 12:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
I'd definitely take one off your hands as a spare.

and I'll join others and say thanks for all your years of SageTV development!
check your message box please
Old 01-13-2021, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptKirk View Post
I would not turn down an unopened one for a spare.

Shipping would be to 77055.
check your message box please