SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-23-2020, 10:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Lots of HD300s

I have totally moved away from SageTV and as a result I have many unused HD300s. I don't have an exact total, but I am guessing I have close to a dozen. A few are in unopened boxes. Some are missing the dongle. Most work, some may not.

If anybody wants some, or all, of them please let me know. I will give them away for the price of shipping BUT I have one request - Please do not sell them. I ask that you either use them yourself or give them away. I have no way to really enforce this request but most of the people I have met through these forums seem to be pretty honest.

I think I prefer to send them all to one person who has been recently active on these forums and then let him/her give them away to other people who are active.

By the way, leaving SageTV was a VERY difficult and emotional choice. I put a lot of time and effort into developing plugins and generally tinkering with SageTV. I still feel the loss.

Please post your requests in this thread and not via PM.

Merry Christmas too!

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have enough spares to last me, but I will take the opportunity to say thank you for all the effort you put in over the years. You did work that many of us benefited from and made the Sage experience much better. So, thank you and good luck in whatever endeavors you move on to.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:15 PM
Sage Icon

I'd be interested in 2-3 of the unopened boxes, I have one of my HD300s starting to act flacky and might be going bad.
Shipping would be to 28146
Old 12-23-2020, 04:01 PM
Sage Icon

I'd definitely take one off your hands as a spare.

and I'll join others and say thanks for all your years of SageTV development!
Old 12-23-2020, 04:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hd300

Interested in one

Shipping would be to 30024.
Old 12-23-2020, 04:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

I would not turn down an unopened one for a spare.

Shipping would be to 77055.
OpenDCT 0.5.32 (64 bit)
Clients: HD300 (x2)
HDHR3-CC Prime 20220822 (Comcast CableCard) - 3 Tuners
HDFX-4K Flex 20220822 (OTA) - 4 Tuners
Old 12-23-2020, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

LOL, sorry, thought it said DO send PM

Can I ask what your new platform is? Changing technology sucks sometimes.
We have Five/six TiVo’, and in one swoop, the FCC says “cable companies don’t have to support cable cards anymore.”

Regarding the HD300’s - I’ve had two of mine go completely unreliable in the last six months, so if you had one or two you trusted, I wouldn't have to join you as an ex-Sage dude.

Cheers, happy holidays

and thanks for all the great plugins. I guess the writing on the wall got a little blurrier today....
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 12-23-2020, 05:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

I pmd you also I would like one pittsburgh 15205
Old 12-23-2020, 05:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
By the way, leaving SageTV was a VERY difficult and emotional choice. I put a lot of time and effort into developing plugins and generally tinkering with SageTV. I still feel the loss.

Merry Christmas too!
Merry Christmas, Tom!

Stop in once in a while and check on us diehards though, okay?
Old 12-23-2020, 09:44 PM
Sage Icon

I'm in for one if they are still available. PM sent.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 12-24-2020, 02:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

I could use one in working condition as a spare. Shipping to 08618.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 12-24-2020, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Let me also say thank you very much! You were one of a handful of people that made great plugins for SageTV and made it more useful. Plus you were always very helpful in supporting folks. I too have an excess of extenders, but for me it is mainly HD200s.

Recently we have been losing a lot of the folks that were doing great things around here - Fuzzy disappeared a year or so ago, stuckless has moved away, etc.

You will be missed!
Old 12-24-2020, 09:06 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
I am also curious what you are using. I have a Lifetime PlexPass but just can not pull the trigger on using it.
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 12-25-2020, 08:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
We have Five/six TiVo’, and in one swoop, the FCC says “cable companies don’t have to support cable cards anymore.”

Regarding the HD300’s - I’ve had two of mine go completely unreliable in the last six months, so if you had one or two you trusted, I wouldn't have to join you as an ex-Sage dude.

Cheers, happy holidays

and thanks for all the great plugins. I guess the writing on the wall got a little blurrier today....

I have even done some basic development to see what's involved in writing apps for the device and it's pretty easy. The thought crossed my mind to write an app to support SageTV but I abandoned the idea because I don't have a Sage system set up anymore

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-25-2020, 08:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Rather than ship one here and two there I'd really prefer to ship them all to one person and have him/her sort out the details. (That's why I suggested no PMs.
That way all "requests" are on this thread.) Any volunteers?

Old 12-25-2020, 09:04 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I settled on Roku. They are cheap and reliable and get the job done. We subscribe to many streaming services including Netflix, Amazon, Hallmark, Disney+, CBS All Access, and F1.

I have even done some basic development to see what's involved in writing apps for the device and it's pretty easy. The thought crossed my mind to write an app to support SageTV but I abandoned the idea because I don't have a Sage system set up anymore
So no Media Server? Not sure I could survive with just streaming services.
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 12-25-2020, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Rather than ship one here and two there I'd really prefer to ship them all to one person and have him/her sort out the details. (That's why I suggested no PMs.
That way all "requests" are on this thread.) Any volunteers?
So that one person receives the units, takes requests and arranges re-shipping to those who are wanting? Can you PM me the shipping estimate for all the units to 92672? I’d likely do it if I knew all were spoken for, and it looks like that shouldn’t be a problem
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 12-25-2020, 12:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post
So no Media Server? Not sure I could survive with just streaming services.
If it weren't for sports I could survive on streaming services and Plex as a media server.

But even when you can stream sports the experience is inferior to SageTV with its ability to easily skip over timeouts, commercials, halftime, etc. And often you have to deal with BS like local blackouts, etc.
Old 12-25-2020, 12:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sign me up for one! Thanks!
Network: gB Lan
Playback: FireStick 4K miniclient
Tech Level: Hobbyist
Old 12-25-2020, 03:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

I guess I need an hd300 for dummies book. Who makes/made these? A search showed everything from an anemometer to a Sprayer for a John Deere something or other but nothing applicable.