SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Linux Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Linux. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Linux should be posted here.

Old 10-31-2020, 10:04 PM
Sage Icon

FreeBSD

Just wanted to drop a note and say that running SageTV on FreeBSD using linux compat and avoiding bhyve / docker / etc, seems to work just fine.

I recently separated & moved out. My old SageTV setup was running on what ended up as my ex's computer, so I've setup a SageTV on my desktop, running FreeBSD-current.

Running the 64-bit sagetv for linux depends on installing the linux-c7 compat packages, and linux-oracle-jdk18-8 and setting the path such that sagesettings has the line:
export PATH=/usr/local/linux-oracle-jdk1.8.0/bin:$PATH. Oh, and making a link pointing to /usr/local/bin/bash from /bin/bash since the startup scripts assume bash is in /bin

I'm using an Nvidia shield as my client, and an HDHR as my tuner. I've used USB tuners in the past, but my server is nowhere near my antenna & there is no free coax in this place, so an HDHR it is.
Client: Nvidia Shield (HD300, HD100 in storage)