SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 08-18-2020, 10:18 AM
SageTVaholic

HD300 warning. Anyone seen this before?

After a few weeks of HD300 headaches, this appeared today, but it’s only appeared once, on ONE of my HD300’s. Anyone have an explanation? Is it authentic? I never though my database was THAT big, at last TB wise, but anything’s possible...
Looking through the manuals, there should be a note on file size/database limits, but I haven’t found it
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 033C83EE-76B5-450B-B2B9-F99470D04589.jpeg (89.5 KB, 256 views)
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 08-18-2020 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
After a few weeks of HD300 headaches, this appeared today, but it’s only appeared once, on ONE of my HD300’s. Anyone have an explanation? Is it authentic? I never though my database was THAT big, at last TB wise, but anything’s possible...
Looking through the manuals, there should be a note on file size/database limits, but I haven’t found it
How big is your wiz.bin file?
Old 08-19-2020, 07:36 AM
Sage Icon

Are you using your HD300 in stand alone mode (rather than as an extender)?
I seem to recall that in stand alone mode if you plug in a thumb drive or external drive there was a limit to how many files it could index.

I never use the extenders this way - I always connect to a Sage server. There should be no limits when connected to a Sage server. The extender would have no concept of wiz.bin or how many files you have when you are connected to the Sage server (that would all be handled on the server side).
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 08-20-2020, 04:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Are you using your HD300 in stand alone mode (rather than as an extender)?
I seem to recall that in stand alone mode if you plug in a thumb drive or external drive there was a limit to how many files it could index.

I never use the extenders this way - I always connect to a Sage server. There should be no limits when connected to a Sage server. The extender would have no concept of wiz.bin or how many files you have when you are connected to the Sage server (that would all be handled on the server side).
Yeah, that's why I think something's amiss. The only time I plug in a USB is to update firmware. The only way it's used is via a network to my SageTV server. So I'm confused why this warning is showing up at all.

My wiz.bin is about 80mb? Is that too big?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 08-21-2020, 02:12 AM
Sage Icon

It won't have anything to do with your wiz.bin. That message is coming up before you've even connected to the SageTV server.

It will be something in the HD300. Under settings in HD300 mode you could check to see if you have any library paths setup
Old 08-21-2020, 05:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
It will be something in the HD300. Under settings in HD300 mode you could check to see if you have any library paths setup
Or maybe just do a factory reset, and start from scratch.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 08-21-2020, 08:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Or maybe just do a factory reset, and start from scratch.
Yeah, thinking that’s a good way to go, as I believe this is a unit I picked up from another member.

Regarding ‘paths’, WHERE can that be setup, changed, etc.? Maybe the machine is hunting for a path on the previous owners system?