SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Canada
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Canada SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from Canada - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Canada.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:19 AM
Sage User

shaw direct

Has anyone migrated to the new national line up for shaw direct? if so how. If still on the shaw direct classic are you still getting new epg updates from schedules direct?

Thanks
Old 09-17-2019, 03:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
Has anyone migrated to the new national line up for shaw direct? if so how. If still on the shaw direct classic are you still getting new epg updates from schedules direct?

Thanks
Shaw has sent me three emails threatening to activate ‘National’ lineup for everyone, today, Sept. 17. However, last time I checked a few hours ago, I was still on ‘Classic’ East lineup. Maybe it will be at midnight.
The folks at Schedules Direct tell me they have a ‘National’ lineup online and ready for use. And yes, my EPG is current from Classic
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 09-17-2019, 06:03 PM
Sage User

Managed to get the national lineup by stopping the sagetv service, reverting back to the default STV and adding the line up for each of my tuners. Shaw Direct changed me from the classic to the national Sunday night. Didn't notice until my recordings were all wrong channels

thanks
Old 09-17-2019, 06:59 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Shaw has sent me three emails threatening to activate ‘National’ lineup for everyone, today, Sept. 17. However, last time I checked a few hours ago, I was still on ‘Classic’ East lineup. Maybe it will be at midnight.
I'm on the Classic West lineup and we received the same emails. No changes so far today either.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Managed to get the national lineup by stopping the sagetv service, reverting back to the default STV and adding the line up for each of my tuners. Shaw Direct changed me from the classic to the national Sunday night. Didn't notice until my recordings were all wrong channels

thanks
How are you hooked up to the Shaw receiver: Component / SPDIF? Did you have any problems with this after converting to the new lineup? For some reason, now that the National Lineup installed itself, and I updated my Schedules Direct lineup, SageTV can't play video anymore via the "component/SPDIF" selection in Sage's Channel Setup.
How do you take video/audio out of your receiver and into Sage/Tuner card?
What do you mean by "default STV"?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 09-20-2019, 06:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
I'm on the Classic West lineup and we received the same emails. No changes so far today either.
Mine finally kicked in this afternoon sometime, and has proceeded to turn my Sage installation inoperative, just for this lineup. When yours appears, let me know if you selected "Basic Service" or "Extended Basic Service" during the new, lineup setup
Old 09-20-2019, 06:53 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
let me know if you selected "Basic Service" or "Extended Basic Service" during the new, lineup setup
I selected Basic Service and all of my channels seem to be there. A bit of a pain having to go through and disable the channels we don't get, but I'm all operational again with the National Lineup.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I selected Basic Service and all of my channels seem to be there. A bit of a pain having to go through and disable the channels we don't get, but I'm all operational again with the National Lineup.
Can you tell me what decoders you're using, audio / video in Detailed Setup, and what video/audio combo (Component - SPDIF for eg.) in the main setup? When I implemented the new lineup, something trashed my Colossus settings. My cable box via HDPVR works fine, but the new lineup is causing problems with the Colossus tuner. Can’t figure out why.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:56 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Can you tell me what decoders you're using, audio / video in Detailed Setup, and what video/audio combo (Component - SPDIF for eg.) in the main setup? When I implemented the new lineup, something trashed my Colossus settings. My cable box via HDPVR works fine, but the new lineup is causing problems with the Colossus tuner. Can’t figure out why.
I'm using a couple of network encoders (BM3000) via OpenDCT, so they operate quite a bit differently than a Colossus. They take HDMI input, encode it to H264, and then send it over the network to SageTV. They work great, the only downside is no 5.1 AC3.

I can't see how changing the lineup would affect your Colossus, unless you deleted the video source and set it up from scratch. If you just switched the lineup, it shouldn't have touched your encoder settings.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm using a couple of network encoders (BM3000) via OpenDCT, so they operate quite a bit differently than a Colossus. They take HDMI input, encode it to H264, and then send it over the network to SageTV. They work great, the only downside is no 5.1 AC3.

I can't see how changing the lineup would affect your Colossus, unless you deleted the video source and set it up from scratch. If you just switched the lineup, it shouldn't have touched your encoder settings.
HDMI input eh? I wonder if Shaw's done something to the component outputs with this map change...
Old 09-23-2019, 06:53 AM
Sage User

I am using 2 colussus with HDMI. I had to use 2 HDMI splitters to get around the HDCP issue. I watch all video through an HD300. I shut down the sagetv service before making any changes through the sagetv I have installed on my server. I am used the extended service and had to go through and enable/disable channels. Working fine now, just have to get used to new channel locations. I am using 2 shaw direct 605 receivers.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am using 2 colussus with HDMI. I had to use 2 HDMI splitters to get around the HDCP issue. I watch all video through an HD300. I shut down the sagetv service before making any changes through the sagetv I have installed on my server. I am used the extended service and had to go through and enable/disable channels. Working fine now, just have to get used to new channel locations. I am using 2 shaw direct 605 receivers.
ah, so you’re taking HDMi OUT of your DSR605’s? Care to share the HDMI splitter makes/models?
Old 09-24-2019, 06:49 AM
Sage User

I'm am using the ViewHD 2 port mini splitter. if you google HDCP removal i believe there are other options.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm am using the ViewHD 2 port mini splitter. if you google HDCP removal i believe there are other options.
thanks - that’s the same one I use to get by some issues as well.