SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 08-28-2019, 02:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quest HD on Freesat

I'm back! With another channel I can't tune

Quest HD changed its frequency the other day. I only found out when I missed the Moto GP highlights.

My old setting was:

CH:416 onid:2 tsid:2116 sid:52580 frq:11426000 rate:27500 mod:20 pol:1 fec_rate_in:6 pilot:0 sat:0 ctrl:1 #:Quest HD

For the likes of me I couldn't get the new channel to tune, no matter what I tried.

I'm now using the non-HD channel, which I can tune into fine, but I'd prefer HD obviously.

According to KingofSat it should have the same details as before, the only differences I can see are

rate:29500
fec_rate_in:9
mod: - it says its QPSK. I've tried every variation I can think of here

Just wondered if anyones got this channel tuned in and working. I haven't seen any channels saying 29500 and 9 before.

I'm using an nova-s2-hd tuner.

Any help appreciated.

Dave
Old 08-28-2019, 03:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I'm back! With another channel I can't tune

Quest HD changed its frequency the other day. I only found out when I missed the Moto GP highlights.

My old setting was:

CH:416 onid:2 tsid:2116 sid:52580 frq:11426000 rate:27500 mod:20 pol:1 fec_rate_in:6 pilot:0 sat:0 ctrl:1 #:Quest HD

For the likes of me I couldn't get the new channel to tune, no matter what I tried.

I'm now using the non-HD channel, which I can tune into fine, but I'd prefer HD obviously.

According to KingofSat it should have the same details as before, the only differences I can see are

rate:29500
fec_rate_in:9
mod: - it says its QPSK. I've tried every variation I can think of here

Just wondered if anyones got this channel tuned in and working. I haven't seen any channels saying 29500 and 9 before.

I'm using an nova-s2-hd tuner.

Any help appreciated.

Dave
It seems the fec_rate is too high for the nova, the TBS tunes just fine.

Cheers
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 08-28-2019, 11:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
It seems the fec_rate is too high for the nova, the TBS tunes just fine.

Cheers
Eddy
Cheers Eddy,

The Nova is getting on a bit now, I was wondering if it had passed its limits.

Looking at the cost of the TBS I might wait until something else breaks before changing cards.

Thanks again.