SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Phoenix 3.0
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix 3.0 This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix 3.0 custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:40 AM
Sage User

Fanart for wrong version of Ripley's

There's a new version of Ripley's Believe It or Not on the Travel Channel, hosted by Bruce Campbell. However, the fanart that gets displayed in the recording section is for a previous version that ran in 2000 on TBS, which had the same name. There's an even earlier version from 1981 and a kids animated series but so far neither of those has shown up.

If I look at the details for an episode, I get the correct image for the current series.

Is there a way to fix this?
Old 07-01-2019, 07:12 PM
Sage User

So I took care of this manually...

Went into the fanart folder for the show, and deleted the incorrect background. Then I downloaded the current one from TheTVDB.com and dropped it in the folder. Sage found it and automatically showed it.

There are a few other shows that never seem to have downloaded background images into the fanart folder, I manually corrected those as well.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

If I remember correctly SageTV doesn't do so well with multiple items with the same name. I think it is the same with movies - if you have multiple versions of Cinderella or Alice in Wonderland you can't get the correct Fanart to display since the way SageTV uses Fanart only can deal with one movie/show with the same name, even if you use a year suffix.

edit - see https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64216
Old 07-02-2019, 12:40 PM
Sage User

I see. Well then it's not really a big issue. How many of these shows and movies will there be? I guess more as time goes by, I just saw a trailer for a new Charlie's Angels movie. But how many will I ever record?

I found that deleting the incorrect pictures and saving the correct ones from TheTVDB.com into the folder was enough. Sage even picks up on the change while it's running and you can see it add the image to the listing, no need to quit Sage - just make it a window.

TheTVDB.com is launching an update to version 3.0, I hope that doesn't break anything.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

It will become more of an issue as Hollywood is increasingly remaking old movies and TV shows as people seem to like them and they require less creative talent. A Star is Born is a case in point - that was one of 2018's top movies. It was a remake of the 1976 Barbara Streisand movie (which was a remake of the 1954 Judy Garland movie...).

And it seems to be happening more often with TV shows these days as well.

But it is unlikely that this will be fixed in SageTV as we don't have that many developers working these days and they have bigger fish to fry.