SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-25-2016, 06:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Modifying "date added" for a Video Flow?

Hey Guys!

I've mentioned that I've had the followign problem in the past and I'm still having some issues. I copy my DVD collection and new DVDs (maintaining DVD folder structure) that I get to various hard drives. As one drive gets full, I add another USB external hard drive. I then sort them by "Date Added" so the newest movies I've added show first in the flow. I like this because I have nearly 3000 movies and when I want to watch a newer movie (one that I more recently added) I look near the top of the list. Well, every so often the computer or an external hard drive hiccups and when this happens all my DVDs get "reloaded" into SageTV and it thinks I just added this entire drive of movies and it messes up my whole system. They are actually shown reverse alphabetical for whatever reason (maybe that's how they are added when they all have the same date?).

Anyway, does anybody know which file I can modify to change the date that affects the "Date Added" flow sort? I'd like to modify these dates. I'll go poking around if nobody knows but if somebody knows for sure that'll save me some time trying to figure it out. Thanks!
Old 11-25-2016, 09:16 PM
SageTVaholic

If i recall Date Added doesn't really use any date but rather a numeric sort based on the internal id sage assigns when the media file is added.

You may find a metadata field sorter that would work but i would have to test it to be sure.... i will look tomorrow

k
Old 11-25-2016, 10:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
If i recall Date Added doesn't really use any date but rather a numeric sort based on the internal id sage assigns when the media file is added.

You may find a metadata field sorter that would work but i would have to test it to be sure.... i will look tomorrow

k
Killer! Thank you!
Old 11-26-2016, 10:13 AM
SageTVaholic

As far as I know there is no existing sorter that would handle what you are looking for. It would need to be based on the system file date/time and I do not believe one currently exists for that. One could be written likely but not sure I have time for it right now.

You could post a enhancement request on the Gemstone2 GitHub site in my signature and at least it will be on the list of "todo's"

k
Old 11-27-2016, 01:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for looking!