SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 10-08-2016, 02:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Eddy

We run DVB-S2 here
Old 10-08-2016, 07:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukka View Post
Hi Eddy

We run DVB-S2 here
No worries, DVB-S and DVB-C are fully supported and functioning properly. At the moment is only with a couple of channels on DVB-T my very good beta tester reports having trouble with, but I do also run DVB-S exclusively (higher bitrate ), and I don't have an aerial so it is very difficult for me to perform any extensive testing.

Thanks anyway
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 10-08-2016 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire View Post
Sounds good, looking forward to it also.
This commercials skipper solution will be included as part of the DVB Decrypter Plugin for the time being and the reason is because 80% of the current framework I've implemented already is required anyway. Moving forward I will consider to create a separate plugin for this, but that will require changes in the current STV code base and my main goal is to support existing STV installations and not necessarily just the open source version.

At the moment the commercials detection is done in real-time at the transport stream level after any decryption job required and before STV has the chance to demux the streams, this way I don't need to access the recording directories and the overall CPU extra load is barely noticeable.

Ideally this solution could be included in the STV core, but I suspect the road is still very long for that, will see

Cheers
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 10-08-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:08 AM
Sage Expert

OK, I don't use the DVB Decrypter Plugin and using V9 as I'm using integrated schedules direct and the newer youtube plugin so as you say hopefully at some point it can be released as a separate plugin.

Cheers.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
This commercials skipper solution will be included as part of the DVB Decrypter Plugin for the time being and the reason is because 80% of the current framework I've implemented already is required anyway. Moving forward I will consider to create a separate plugin for this, but that will require changes in the current STV code base and my main goal is to support existing STV installations and not necessarily just the open source version.

At the moment the commercials detection is done in real-time at the transport stream level after any decryption job required and before STV has the chance to demux the streams, this way I don't need to access the recording directories and the overall CPU extra load is barely noticeable.

Ideally this solution could be included in the STV core, but I suspect the road is still very long for that, will see

Cheers
Eddy
If you put the commercial detection into a stand alone executable it will be easy for me to update the CommecialDetector plugin to support it.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
This commercials skipper solution will be included as part of the DVB Decrypter Plugin for the time being
Hi Eddy
Is this true of the decrypter plugin today or are you still beta testing, I'm very interested in having a robust commercial detection system that doesn't generate a high CPU load.

Thanks for all your work

Cheers

Eric
Old 10-31-2016, 01:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
If you put the commercial detection into a stand alone executable it will be easy for me to update the CommecialDetector plugin to support it.
Thanks Tom, unfortunately this is not an option because it is designed to be a Windows DirecShow filter with a DVB compatible transport stream. As I said before I don't access the file system to read the recordings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by something fishy View Post
Hi Eddy
Is this true of the decrypter plugin today or are you still beta testing, I'm very interested in having a robust commercial detection system that doesn't generate a high CPU load.
The algorithm is still under beta testing and will be supporting favourite and/or category filtering as well. The mechanism is very robust for DVB-S and DVB-C, unfortunately there are still some issues with DVB-T that I'm trying to address before public release and you're right the CPU load is very very low (it will easily run on a Intel, don-din-don-dan, Atom).

The development has slow down considerably due to a new contract, but the algorithm is there and just need fine tuning, Dean what do you think?

Cheers
Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 10-31-2016 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Eddy

Sorry for the late reply to this.

I would say that it is ready to be released as is. Not had the time to test the latest version you sent. But will hopefully test it today.

Like you said there is an issue with DVB-T2 HD Channels due to the audio being AAC-HE.

As for CPU load I would say I have not noticed any increase at all.

Dean

Last edited by deanm; 11-15-2016 at 01:06 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Hi Eddy

Sorry for the late reply to this.

I would say that it is ready to be released as is. Not had the time to test the latest version you sent. But will hopefully test it today.

Like you said there is an issue with DVB-T2 HD Channels due to the audio being AAC-HE.

As for CPU load I would say I have not noticed any increase at all.

Dean
Hi Dean, I have reason to believe that the AAC issue has now been fixed . My test on some European satellites broadcasting AAC (unfortunately only 4K) did work properly now, but I will wait to test it thoroughly on DVB-T2.

Cheers
Eddy

Old 06-02-2017, 10:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Eddy
I'm wondering if this project is still live?
I actually do OK with comskip (70% or so identification) but I would love to have something better with a lower CPU load.
I only use Freesat/DVB-S2 if that makes it easier.
Cheers
Eric
Old 06-02-2017, 02:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by something fishy View Post
Hi Eddy
I'm wondering if this project is still live?
I actually do OK with comskip (70% or so identification) but I would love to have something better with a lower CPU load.
I only use Freesat/DVB-S2 if that makes it easier.
Cheers
Eric
Hi Eric,

this Commercial Skipper solution is integral part of the DVBDCC plugin and has never been officially released, only as a private build for some beta testers whom reported a 99% detection rate.

Saying that the DVBDCC project has definitively reached its maturity as it couldn't grow any more as it stands, so I've been working on a completely new project which should address most of the DVBDCC limitations
  • Windows DLL 32/64
  • Linux shared library 32/64
  • DVB and ATSC
  • Separate Decryption and Commercial Skipper (you might be interested in one, but not both)
  • More SoftCAM support not just OSCAM
Cheers
Eddy