SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:34 AM
Sage User

HD300 - no video playback - skips to end

My HD300 won't play any type of videos (no TV recordings, no video files).

When I try to play a video, the screen will go black (as if the video is about to play), and I can see the "status" bar showing that the video is about to start from the beginning, but then the indicator on the status bar bar will jump to the end of the bar and the screen will return to the main menu with the video title now marked as "watched".

I also have an HD100 which is not having any of these problems.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?
Old 08-20-2016, 10:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE View Post
My HD300 won't play any type of videos (no TV recordings, no video files).

When I try to play a video, the screen will go black (as if the video is about to play), and I can see the "status" bar showing that the video is about to start from the beginning, but then the indicator on the status bar bar will jump to the end of the bar and the screen will return to the main menu with the video title now marked as "watched".

I also have an HD100 which is not having any of these problems.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?
I have this sometimes. Usually have to pull the power cord out of my hd300 for a few secs to reboot it to make the problem go away...
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 08-20-2016, 05:22 PM
Sage User

Thanks - that finally worked.

I tried unplugging it for a few minutes when the problem first started, but it didn't help.

I've had it unplugged for about 3 days until saw your reply and gave it another shot. Seems to be working fine now.