SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:31 PM

DVD playback hiccups on HD Theater

I have SageTV Server running on a PC in my house with a SageTV HD Theater connected to my television. They are both connected by wire to my home network. I have DVDs burned on my PC in full original format (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders). I have watched such ripped DVDs on my HD Theater for years with no trouble. Within the last month the DVDs started "hiccuping" on playback - the worst will play for 2 seconds and then pause for a second. Any ideas what might be causing this?

I thought it might be network problems or hard drive performance. However, HD over-ther-air television recordings (i.e. higher bit rates) on the same PC hard drive playback on the HD Theater without any problems. Also the computer has dual hard drives and the problems with DVD content playback persist regardless of which hard drive the DVD is stored on.

The DVD content plays back fine in SageTV on the SageTV Server computer itself. So there is no problem with the DVD content.

Thanks for any insight!