SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Home button twice returns to playing video?

Hello, I'm missing a feature ever since I reinstalled SageTV and Gemstone. I don't know if it is a Gemstone option that I can't find or a plugin that I forgot to reinstall but I will be grateful if anyone can help me re-enable it!

If I was playing a video in the background and started browsing SageTV menus, I could hit the Home button to get to the Home screen, then, if I hit the Home button a second time, it would take me right back to fullscreen video. How do I re-enable this functionality?

As it stands now, I have to hit the Back button a bunch of times and if I hit it one too many times I have to stop and restart the video to get the menus to disappear. I know there is a button I can map to fix this but the "double click home button" was very convenient and will not eat up another button on my remote.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 04-28-2016, 02:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

I don't know about the Home/Home. I press the Play button to get back to full screen from Home.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
I don't know about the Home/Home. I press the Play button to get back to full screen from Home.
Thanks, I just have a Play/Pause button mapped, which does not do the same thing. Thank you for the tip though. I'll probably map a play button if I can't figure out how I had the Home/Home working before. At least I have a fall back plan now!
Old 04-28-2016, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead View Post
Thanks, I just have a Play/Pause button mapped, which does not do the same thing. Thank you for the tip though. I'll probably map a play button if I can't figure out how I had the Home/Home working before. At least I have a fall back plan now!
You can also use the TV button.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 05-01-2016, 12:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
You can also use the TV button.
Thanks, I think that was the button I was thinking of in my first post. I have "live tv" mapped but not just TV. The Play button is working but I still wish I could figure out how I had Home/Home working!
Old 05-01-2016, 07:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Go into Options from the Main Menu, select Widget Manager, select Customize and change the setting "Playing Media Key" from Play to Home.

I think that should be what you are looking for.

k
Old 05-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Go into Options from the Main Menu, select Widget Manager, select Customize and change the setting "Playing Media Key" from Play to Home.

I think that should be what you are looking for.

k
That's it!! Thanks so much, I was beginning to think I was crazy, haha. Plus now I have an extra button

I just saw that you are working on Gemstone 2. Very exciting! Gemstone breathed new life into SageTV for me when I finally tried it out. I hope it is coming along well and I can't wait to try it out. Please keep us posted with the progress and thanks for your hard work!