SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:38 AM
Sage Icon

Installed the latest:

SageTVSetup_9.0.13.536_R1.011.exe

Even though debug_logging is false SageTV keeps producing logs.

Attaching log file and sageTV.properties.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (13.7 KB, 313 views)
File Type: zip Sage.zip (16.0 KB, 316 views)
Old 02-14-2017, 05:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Installed the latest:

SageTVSetup_9.0.13.536_R1.011.exe

Even though debug_logging is false SageTV keeps producing logs.

Attaching log file and sageTV.properties.
Debug logging is on always now. The STV has not been updated to remove the old toggle and does nothing any longer

k
Old 02-14-2017, 06:08 AM
SageTVaholic

That is expected.

https://github.com/google/sagetv/issues/238
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 02-14-2017, 04:24 PM
Sage Icon

Will this be changed soon - I noticed it is building up and of course rotating.

Could get large...
Old 02-14-2017, 04:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Could get large...
You can control the number of log files kept via sage.properties entry:
num_logfiles_to_keep=
Old 02-14-2017, 06:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Could get large...
The default is to only keep 4 log files, maxing out at less than 10MB each. This should not be of concern to anyone.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-14-2017, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Could get large...
It does 4 by default and they are typically 8MB in size. On most setups that should not be a problem.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:58 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the speedy reply... wasnt aware there was a property to control the number (probably should have guessed).

Agree - not a problem at all... and it is convenient to not have to turn it on.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Does anyone have the release notes. I want to upgrade to 9.0.13.536 from 9.0.4.287 and was wondering what has changed.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2017, 06:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakrzep View Post
Does anyone have the release notes. I want to upgrade to 9.0.13.536 from 9.0.4.287 and was wondering what has changed.

Thanks
The best source is the change log here....

k
Old 03-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Placeshifer on Surface Pro

I have tried to install placeshifter (latest v9 installer) on my Surface Pro and all went well except for playback of my DVD/Blu Ray collection. I use the MyMovies plugin generally but have also tried to launch via the standard DVD menu. Basically nothing happens .. ie no video window opens or anything although backing out of the menus and starting again will ask me if i want to resume playback or start from the beginning so Sage obviously thinks something is going on.

Having googled for a while i assumed the issue was the missing MPEG decoder in Win 10 so i installed the LAV filters as recommended (i tried installing both x86 and x64 versions as well as each version individually).

Still no playback of DVDs form the library. Are there other settings/configurations i need to make changes to? whats the best way to verify the LAV filters are installed and operational? How do i confirm that the installer correctly registered all the required files?

Any other suggestions?
Old 03-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDoc View Post
I have tried to install placeshifter (latest v9 installer) on my Surface Pro and all went well except for playback of my DVD/Blu Ray collection. I use the MyMovies plugin generally but have also tried to launch via the standard DVD menu. Basically nothing happens .. ie no video window opens or anything although backing out of the menus and starting again will ask me if i want to resume playback or start from the beginning so Sage obviously thinks something is going on.

Having googled for a while i assumed the issue was the missing MPEG decoder in Win 10 so i installed the LAV filters as recommended (i tried installing both x86 and x64 versions as well as each version individually).

Still no playback of DVDs form the library. Are there other settings/configurations i need to make changes to? whats the best way to verify the LAV filters are installed and operational? How do i confirm that the installer correctly registered all the required files?

Any other suggestions?
Placeshifter does not support DVD/BluRay playback. You'd need to convert it to e.g. an mkv file.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks .... i had never used placeshifter before and that explaination never even occured to me.

Thanks for the quick response
Old 03-07-2017, 09:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

@jusjoken
What's the process for asking for a new version of the installer? I see 9.0.13 is the latest windows installer, but 9.0.14 has some new API methods that I'm working to get incorporated into SRE. I'm happy to build the new version locally for my work. But eventually when I put out a version of SRE using the new APIs, it'd be easier for the users if they can just run the latest installer for the Sage update.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
@jusjoken
What's the process for asking for a new version of the installer? I see 9.0.13 is the latest windows installer, but 9.0.14 has some new API methods that I'm working to get incorporated into SRE. I'm happy to build the new version locally for my work. But eventually when I put out a version of SRE using the new APIs, it'd be easier for the users if they can just run the latest installer for the Sage update.
Something like this or a pm works. Right now my development server is offline while i work on the host and storage but it should be up soon so when you or someone else is ready for a new release then let me know and i will do it as soon as i can.

I believe in our new process someone needs to create a tag for a release so we will need to arrange that with Jeff too when ready.

k
Old 03-08-2017, 08:34 AM
SageTVaholic

I believe creating the tag, then starting builds is definitely the most consistent approach.

The changes being referred to are all contained within Sage.jar, so if you are really just looking to get a head start on other users for testing, I would compile it yourself and when you're ready, ask for a new general release build. That way if you find a problem that you would like to have fixed, we might have a chance to fix it before everyone has that problem.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for making the new build and getting it out I will be grabbing it now and installing it at 11:30 or so after all my recordings are done and comskip is done processing the recordings.

Gotta check what is new now.

Quick question as I was just wondering - wouldn't this be R12 and not R10 as the last version was R11 and I think from past downloads the Releases were going up 1 instead of down one when pushed out.

Just want to make sure on naming in case someone was tired when naming it or wondering if it did not matter.

Last edited by trallyus; 03-18-2017 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trallyus View Post
Thanks for making the new build and getting it out I will be grabbing it now and installing it at 11:30 or so after all my recordings are done and comskip is done processing the recordings.

Gotta check what is new now.

Quick question as I was just wondering - wouldn't this be R12 and not R10 as the last version was R11 and I think from past downloads the Releases were going up 1 instead of down one when pushed out.

Just want to make sure on naming in case someone was tired when naming it or wondering if it did not matter.
My bad. It should have been R1.011 as nothing changed in the installer code, only a new sagetv version but i set the wrong version number,

but the code is correct do don't worry. I will correct the installer number next release or when i find time to re push it.

thanks for pointing it out though.

k
Old 03-18-2017, 09:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you for sharing the link to the Changelogs page as I always wondered where it was but did not want to read every post in the thread to find it

Off to install the update since I see this fixes the Editorial problem I had and thanks again.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
My bad. It should have been R1.011 as nothing changed in the installer code, only a new sagetv version but i set the wrong version number,

but the code is correct do don't worry. I will correct the installer number next release or when i find time to re push it.

thanks for pointing it out though.

k
I corrected this so the posted version is now right.

k