SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Windows Installer

See second post for details.....

Last edited by jusjoken; 05-18-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:31 AM
Sage Icon

Latest release available here:
https://github.com/OpenSageTV/sagetv-windows/releases

SageTV Change Log

Version 9.2.6 (2021-09-13)
  • Updated weather in STV to use OpenWeatherMap
  • Added option to FFMPEGTranscoder to allow for a setting to copy video or audio
  • Added a new option to the Miniclient for fixed remux profile. This is used when the audio/video codec are supported, but the container is not
  • Added some additional constraints on -aspect switch in FFMPEGTranscoder to make sure an invalid aspect ratio is not passed to the transcoder

Notes:
  • 64 bit install is a NEW product and will NOT perform an upgrade of x86 versions
  • Default install folder for 64 bit will be "Program Files" rather than "Program Files(x86)
  • Installation of 64 bit into the same folder as an x86 (32bit) version should work but not recommended
  • Installer will now default the install folder to the previous install location for upgrades - the 64 and 32 bit installs are handled separately for this
  • You should be able to have BOTH the 32 bit and 64 bit version installed on the same computer under different folders. They cannot/should not be run at the same time for numerous reasons
  • There is a new SageTV64 Service entry that should operated independently of the 32 bit one
  • If you copy your Wiz.bin and properties to your new installation, keep in mind that the .properties will need to be edited manually for the different paths - this is not the recommended approach as plugins and other references in the properties may cause issues
  • Note: the x64 version needs 64 bit Java and the x86 version needs 32 bit Java
  • Java is NOT embedded in the installer any longer. If Java (x86/x64 respectively) 1.7 or higher is not found on the system then the installer will download Java 1.8 from GitHub and install it. If you want a different Java version then please install it prior to running the installer.
  • AC3Filter is NO LONGER part of the installer as of 9.2.1
  • LAV Filters is now offered as part of the 32 bit and 64 bit installers.
  • The installer has options for setting "EnableSageTVStreamDemux" and "AlwaysSwapForAC3Filter"
  • Registry entries for the 64 bit install follow the windows standard so will be in a new location than the 32 bit ones (no longer under WOW6432node)
  • The installer has an option to install USB_UIRT support in the 64 bit version
  • If you wish to retain Closed Captioning or MPEG2 decoders from your V7 install, please install V9 on top of a V7 install.
  • this installer includes all prerequisites including
    • MS c++ 2010 and 2015 runtimes
    • DirectX 9 (only necessary parts)

Known Issues:
  • The installer may raise an error related to the registry settings "EnableSageTVStreamDemux" and/or "AlwaysSwapForAC3Filter". You can safely ignore these errors. Example here...
  • HDHR fresh installs with older HDHR releases will not find the 64 bit install so there won’t be a “SageTV” option in setup. 2 work arounds....
    • Use Release 20220822 or newer HDHR drivers
    • Try selecting JRiver Media Center, BeyondTV or Other: ATSC/QAM in the HDHR configuration
    • Install the 32 bit version in a different directory, configure HDHR first time selecting “SageTV”, and then you could uninstall the 32 bit version
  • On the 64 bit version USBUIRT install may not complete fully and you may need to perform the following manual steps AFTER the install completes.
    • Copy uuirtdrv.dll from "SageTV\redist\usbuirt\amd64" folder into your Windows\System32 directory. Note that there will already be one there from the USB-UIRT driver install, but it is the 32-bit one and shouldn't be there anyway (the 32 bit one will be in SysWOW64 folder). Warning: If you reinstall the USB-UIRT driver for any reason it may replace this file with the 32-bit one.
      • 32 bit file dated 7/22/2012
      • 64 bit file dated 7/8/2011
    • More details here...
  • On the 64 bit version USBUIRT may not work in Service Mode for BOTH transmit and receive (only one or the other). This does work on some systems but the cause is unknown. You may use SageTV in "application mode" rather than as a service and this functionality should work. More details here...

For discussions related to the development of the windows installer please refer to this thread....

Latest Linux Files can be found here... https://github.com/OpenSageTV/sagetv-linux/releases

Last edited by wnjj; 11-14-2022 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Fails on Windows 7

Stalls on "Installing Visual C++ redistributables"

SageTV 7.1.9 trial installs and runs with no problem, unfortunately it will be dead in 19 days.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASegredo View Post
Stalls on "Installing Visual C++ redistributables"

SageTV 7.1.9 trial installs and runs with no problem, unfortunately it will be dead in 19 days.
Is your win7 current with updates? We know this works on window 7 so need more info.

k
Old 11-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just installed it (win7 and Sage 7 trial) on Monday. I ran "check for updates" when installing, but it didn't find any. Maybe a permissions problem? I'm finding Win7 quite a bit different (obstinate) compared to XP. I don't even know where to check the version. I installed piriform speccy and it said that I was running Windows 7 64-bit.

EDIT: Just tried to install SageTV Client 441 from the Stuckless repository. Got error "C\Program Files(x86)\SageTV\STVERPrstr.dll failed to register HRESULT-2147024770" I also tried it with "Run as Administrator" same result.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

Last edited by ASegredo; 11-02-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Sage User

I had to maually install updates on win 7 64... theres an update that fixes the windows updater on the computer.... people say it will hang if you dont reboot prior to runing windows... i just ran into both of those problems on Sunday
Old 11-02-2016, 02:04 PM
SageTVaholic

I have the same problem on Windows 10 but there the necessary patches will not install and are not available through Windows Update.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:53 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I have the same problem on Windows 10 but there the necessary patches will not install and are not available through Windows Update.
Even at the microsoft update download site?
Old 11-02-2016, 03:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daminc View Post
Even at the microsoft update download site?
What do you mean? I'm not aware of a Microsoft Update web site. I did enable "install other updates".
Old 11-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
What do you mean? I'm not aware of a Microsoft Update web site. I did enable "install other updates".
Do an internet search for windows 10 update downloads... should come up... pretty sure I saw a win 10 update for the downloader there in my searches

I can post a link later when i'm at the computer
Old 11-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Sage User

After i installed the windows7 downloder update, it found 272 updates for my computer
Old 11-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Sage User

After i installed the windows7 downloder update, it found 272 updates for my computer
Old 11-02-2016, 06:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

After I downloaded the Windows installer update, my computer started freezing randomly. I wiped the disk and am installing again from scratch. I had already registered my key. I hope this doesn't screw it up.

Will SageTV 9 install on XP? I could then use my old license key on the Win 7 computer. I only installed Win 7 because so much software has new versions that don't support XP. So far it looks like Win 7 is @#$%^&

EDIT: After wiping the disk, letting Windows re-format it followed by a fresh Win7 Install and myriad attempts to install VC++ redistributable, it finally succeeded and, as you promised, the SageTV 9 installer finished up and I am running SageTV 9 on Win 7. Whew!

I do have a new problem with EPG data. I entered the license key from my SageTV 7 on the XP box, but 9 keeps saying "invalid key". I purchased a regular license, not specifically a server license. Is that why? Or is it because I'm using the key on two boxes? I also have a Schedules Direct subscription but am having trouble entering my username and password through the "telephone dial" interface probably because the password mixes case. Is there another way to enter them hopefully by editting a file? Or should I start a new topic on this?

Last edited by ASegredo; 11-03-2016 at 06:06 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-11-2016, 09:38 AM
Sage User

I've had problems entering a ser# in sage9 also. if I copy and paste, or type it in, it saves it as a duplicate entry in the activkey file. I've been editing it and removing the duplicate. after that, it finds it and sets up the EPG without asking for the Ser#
Old 11-11-2016, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daminc View Post
I've had problems entering a ser# in sage9 also. if I copy and paste, or type it in, it saves it as a duplicate entry in the activkey file. I've been editing it and removing the duplicate. after that, it finds it and sets up the EPG without asking for the Ser#
Narflex fixed the duplicate on paste so the next release will include that fix.

k
Old 01-16-2017, 05:39 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to tbower
Upgrade Success: SageTVSetup_9.0.12.506_R1.007

I ran the Windows installer on my SageTV v.7.19 server (Windows 10) with complete success. All favorites and other settings were preserved. It also works flawlessly with my HD300 set top box.

Now to tackle that program listings issue....

Old 01-22-2017, 12:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

I noticed the installer created a "MPEGDecoder" folder. I was under the impression that you needed V7 for the use of a MPEGDecoder; is that no longer the case?
Old 01-22-2017, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCrew View Post
I noticed the installer created a "MPEGDecoder" folder. I was under the impression that you needed V7 for the use of a MPEGDecoder; is that no longer the case?
Are you upgrading over v7? If so, it will create that and migrate the decoder that was part of v7.

k
Old 01-22-2017, 02:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Are you upgrading over v7? If so, it will create that and migrate the decoder that was part of v7.

k
Ok, Thanks.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Has anyone successfully installed V9 over V7 on a Windows Server 2012 R2 based system? That's what I need to do!