SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
They're on the very first page of this thread, links to both Windows and Linux downloads. I was browsing with my phone and didn't scroll down enough the first time I investigated. On Bintray, you can also find the links to "files" and it will take you there, typically.
did you do a clean install or upgrade, and what is your system, 32 or 64 bit?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 02-05-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
The link to the installers is in the first post in this thread or just click on my signature

k
Old 02-05-2017, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
I'm going to hold for just a bit, actually. I think that EnterNoEscape may have some interesting additions coming to SageTV V9 that I'd like to have.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

I tried to update my install recently with SageTVSetup_9.0.13.536_R1.008 and using the repair option it didnt actually replace my install with new ones from the setup

my install was still on 9.0.12
Old 02-06-2017, 07:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal View Post
I tried to update my install recently with SageTVSetup_9.0.13.536_R1.008 and using the repair option it didnt actually replace my install with new ones from the setup

my install was still on 9.0.12
That makes no sense to me...hmmm.

How was 9.0.12 installed? With the installer or manual?

Was there an error or log produced?

k
Old 02-06-2017, 01:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Does this Windows Installer include both the client and the server? Is there a selection made during the install for which to install?

What are the pros to installing V9 server over V7 server, versus uninstalling V7 and deleting all affiliated V7 folders, and starting with a clean V9?

As I understand it so far, Pros - install V9 over V7:
- converts old wiz.bin file maintaining recording/watch history, etc.
- keeps the original V7 mpeg2 decoder
- maintains all V7 installed plugins, and they all still work in V9?
- maintains EnterNoEscape's WMC Live Tuner operation?
- maintains all prior settings, like setup detail options, tuner(s) setup, stock V7 epg still working until July 2017, etc?
For myself, everything went very smoothly with the upgrade except some of my plugins did not work afterwards. Maybe it was because I manually deleted the old lucene.jar beforehand, a step I don't think is needed anymore with the current installer.

The plugins just needed to be removed and re-added, but that took a lot of troubleshooting because there was no indication they were broken except for the loss of function.

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient
Old 02-06-2017, 03:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
That makes no sense to me...hmmm.

How was 9.0.12 installed? With the installer or manual?

Was there an error or log produced?

k
installer

there was no error; it completed like any repair install would
Old 02-06-2017, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
installer

I am still confused.

If you run a newer version installer over an older version you do not need to do a repair....just do the install. In fact it should not offer the Repair option as the version is a higher version.

You could foce a log to be created by running the installer from an elevated command line like...

SageTVSetup_9.0.13.536_R1.010.exe -log c:\pathtologfile\log.txt

Then upload the log file for me to review.

k
Old 02-06-2017, 05:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
installer

Another thought....how are you determining the version ?

In the Information screen the Current STV File will show 9.0.12.2 as that file has not changed with 9.0.13.x

However, the first line in the Info screen called Software Version: should show 9.0.13.536

k
Old 02-06-2017, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo View Post
For myself, everything went very smoothly with the upgrade except some of my plugins did not work afterwards. Maybe it was because I manually deleted the old lucene.jar beforehand, a step I don't think is needed anymore with the current installer.

The plugins just needed to be removed and re-added, but that took a lot of troubleshooting because there was no indication they were broken except for the loss of function.
Yikes. Okay. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Another thought....how are you determining the version ?

In the Information screen the Current STV File will show 9.0.12.2 as that file has not changed with 9.0.13.x

However, the first line in the Info screen called Software Version: should show 9.0.13.536

k
The software version was showing 12 and I didnt get a new wiz/properties file with 12 backed up

unfortunately I cant make a log file because i deleted the installer and the .010 isnt exhibiting the same behavior
Old 02-09-2017, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 9.0.13.536_R1.011 released and on BinTray.... see top post.

This is the same release of SageTV but resolves some registry permission issues on install and upgrade.

No need to upgrade if you are not having issues with changing the java heap.

k
Old 02-11-2017, 07:54 PM
Sage User

About to upgrade from Win8.1 pro to Win10 home

I installed the latest Sagetv V9 on windows 8.1 pro last night and it works perfectly with my Hdhomerun dual tuner. Good bye media center (Thankyou very much). I used my old Sage License from about 6 years ago for the guide data and everything went smooth.

My question is this. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 home now. Will it bring sagetv along or do I have to install from scractch?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk56 View Post
I installed the latest Sagetv V9 on windows 8.1 pro last night and it works perfectly with my Hdhomerun dual tuner. Good bye media center (Thankyou very much). I used my old Sage License from about 6 years ago for the guide data and everything went smooth.

My question is this. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 home now. Will it bring sagetv along or do I have to install from scractch?

A windows 10 upgrade should not affect sage. I have tested it myself with no issues but it is MS so YMMV.

Also check out posts if you have not already that the guide data under your license goes away in July so you will need to move to Schedules Direct before then....lots of posts on here how to do that too.

k
Old 02-12-2017, 09:06 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

I went from 7 to 10 and didn't have to do anything with SageTV.

Note that the Sage EPG is going away this summer, so you'll need something like Schedules Direct soon.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:20 AM
Sage User

Thank you!!

You both have made my day! Thank you!
Old 02-12-2017, 01:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by daminc View Post
I've had problems entering a ser# in sage9 also. if I copy and paste, or type it in, it saves it as a duplicate entry in the activkey file. I've been editing it and removing the duplicate. after that, it finds it and sets up the EPG without asking for the Ser#
Mine won't let me paste. Fails on right click. Won't take control v.
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 MB, Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz, Crucial Ballistix Gaming 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200, EVGA GT 1030SC, WD Black NVMe SSD 250GB, 1x WD120EFAX 12TB, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 1x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, Colossus 2, WinTV-DualHD USB, Windows 11 64bit
Old 02-12-2017, 02:49 PM
Sage User

RE: About to upgrade from Win8.1 pro to Win10 home

Quote:

I am wondering - why are you wanting to upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 8 Pro? You would (I believe) have to buy a new license to do so - from what I understand you can only upgrade from Home to Home, or from Pro to Pro without buying a new license. Unless you have a compelling reason to drop to Home from Pro, I would stick with Windows 10 Pro. You can still upgrade from Windows 8 Pro to 10 Pro for free by downloading the appropriate .iso file from Microsoft (MajorGeeks has a free program to facilitate this), although they don't advertise the fact. Personally, I have never used a Home version of Windows...
i5-6600K, 16GB, GeForce GT730 2GB, Win10 Pro 20H2, Java: 64-bit 1.8.0_271, SageTV x64 9.2.2.903
Old 02-12-2017, 06:56 PM
Sage User

I did end up with Windows 10 pro. The upgrade went well and it did bring Sagetv along.

There is a problem though on the Television playback. It gets a Playback Error Exception (-4,0x80040217) rendering the video. I am guessing this is due to something I saw about an Mpeg2 encoder? I have the latest VLC installed. Is there a way to point SageTV to that for the Mpeg rendering?

I really only know enough to be dangerous about this issue. So if someone could point me in the right direction?
Old 02-12-2017, 07:38 PM
Sage User

Sorry......I found the post about the LAV filters for Windows 10 and installed them. It works fine now.