SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was on 9.1.5.683 until October when I upgraded to 9.1.10. at first I didn't notice anything different about the software. The more I have used it over time though I do believe it does not perform as well (Sluggish response to moving back and forth in a recording). I have decided to downgrade from 9.1.10 to 9.1.9. and try that before going back to 9.1.5.

I don't know if 64 bit windows version with 64 bit java will work any better for me when it comes out given that my server is maxed out at 4 GB of physical RAM.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:57 AM
Sage User

I'm unable to download the latest Windows installer (version 9.1.10).

All files at the link at the top of this post create an alert in Windows Defender:

Windows Defender Antivirus detected threats while attempting to download the latest SageTV files: Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cI

Last edited by ddialogue; 11-22-2018 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-22-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddialogue View Post

All files at the link at the top of this post create an alert in Windows Defender:

Windows Defender Antivirus detected threats while attempting to download the latest SageTV files: Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cI
Just allow it in Windows setting under Security , Virus & threat under threat history
Old 12-09-2018, 12:44 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddialogue View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Just allow it in Windows setting under Security , Virus & threat under threat history
I'm getting the same thing. Why is it triggering this false flag when the other versions didn't?

Ricky
Dell Inspiron 530 desktop, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 ghz, 6 gigs of RAM, 1 WesternDigital 750 gig hard drive partitioned in 75 gig/675 gig, 1 Seagate 2 TeraByte Hard drive: 1 HDHR Prime-CC, 1 Hauppauge HD-PVR with Hauppauge 45 button remote with blaster to control 1 Explorer 4640HDC, Windows 7 64bit SP1 all updates applied, SageTV 9.1.7.757, Java v1.7.0_79, SageTV Webserver v3.3, SageTV Mobile Web Interface v2.1.0.47, 2 Hauppauge MediaMPVs & 1 Helius MPV.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgode View Post
I'm getting the same thing. Why is it triggering this false flag when the other versions didn't?

Ricky
No idea just disable it then install it then enable it
Old 12-22-2018, 04:00 PM
Sage User

Ok I am stuck at my current version

Ok I am stuck at my current version until you fix the virus problem I am unwilling to download this one
Old 12-22-2018, 09:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbaugh View Post
Ok I am stuck at my current version until you fix the virus problem I am unwilling to download this one
That is your choice. it is a false positive so i would need to submit to microsoft and i have no access to do so till after Jan 2nd My plan was to only submit future releases so you may need to wait till 9.2.0

k
Old 03-13-2019, 08:14 AM
Sage User

64-bit version?

I am still running 9.1.5 and have been reluctant to go to 9.1.10 because of the memory issues other were having.

In some of the replies there was talk of the 64-bit version coming out. Has this happened yet? I cannot find any mention of it since the November posts.

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2019, 10:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummedan View Post
I am still running 9.1.5 and have been reluctant to go to 9.1.10 because of the memory issues other were having.

In some of the replies there was talk of the 64-bit version coming out. Has this happened yet? I cannot find any mention of it since the November posts.

Thanks!
You can review the Windows 64 bit Installer news thread
Old 03-13-2019, 10:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummedan View Post

Thanks!
As Graywolf mentioned, it's in a "beta" thread since there were bound to be a few issues (and there were). It seems to be quite stable as of now and I just fixed the last 3 issues that I know of. There are installers available in the first post of the thread (https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65754) but after you install, please visit these 2 posts to grab updated copies of a couple files to get the latest fixes:

DShowPlayer.dll - https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=456

SageTVFileSrc.ax - https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=467
Old 03-13-2019, 06:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
As Graywolf mentioned, it's in a "beta" thread since there were bound to be a few issues (and there were). It seems to be quite stable as of now and I just fixed the last 3 issues that I know of. There are installers available in the first post of the thread (https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65754) but after you install, please visit these 2 posts to grab updated copies of a couple files to get the latest fixes:

DShowPlayer.dll - https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=456

SageTVFileSrc.ax - https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=467
Good news. Thank you for your efforts. My Sage Server is maxed out at 4GB RAM so I'll soon be looking at building a new server box with lots more RAM to take advantage of the 64 bit version and newer Sage versions. I am so dependent on Sage I can't imagine OTA TV without it.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Windows installers 9.2.1 including 64 bit now available

Check the first post for details

Thanks to WNJJ for all the work on getting the 64 bit changes completed to make this option available to SageTV users.

k
Old 03-25-2019, 11:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you! The best day of my Sage life was when I installed the 64bit version in December and no longer had to worry about the java heap size being too small! Everything works so well - glad to see it's now officially out of beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post

Thanks to WNJJ for all the work on getting the 64 bit changes completed to make this option available to SageTV users.

k
Old 03-25-2019, 02:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post

k
Ditto as above, thank you all for keeping this fantastic project alive and well.

I had previous issues with the spinning circle on 9.1.0, perhaps due to my Java heap settings, so I've adjusted it and will see what happens on 9.2.1. I appreciate you all keeping the x86 version alive for those of us happy "enough." The old mobo can't take more than 4gb so the 64-bit upgrade will have to wait.

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient

Last edited by waylo; 03-25-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Anyone got a dummies guide for pointing the new 64 bit install to use the same setup and libraries as the old 32 bit installation?
Old 03-28-2019, 07:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is a rough outline of what I did

SageTV 64 Bit Migration Process
(assuming cablecard via OpenDCT 64 bit and Comskip were installed for 32 bit SageTV)
1. Stop 32 bit SageTV Service (or exit program) and disable it from running in the future upon PC re-start
2. Stop OpenDCT Service (if running)
3. Install/Update to latest 64 bit Java
4. Copy 32 bit wiz.bin and sage.properties to desktop
5. Edit sage.properties on Desktop
a. Change all occurances of the path “C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV” to “C:\Program Files\SageTV”
b. NOTE: there may be two forms of the above, some use \\ delimeters - search for x86 in file to ensure all references are changed
c. Delete all lines beginning with “sagetv_core_plugins\” (not really sure if needed)
6. Install 64 bit SageTV without starting program or service (I used defaults)
7. Copy wiz.bin and edited sage.properties from desktop to the new folder “C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV”
8. Copy the folder “clients” from “C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV” to “C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV” – this preserves extender\client setups
9. Copy the folder “comskip” from “C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV” to “C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV”
10. Copy .xml file for Darksky weather new beta into “C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV” – see thread
11. Start OpenDCT Service (if needed)
12. Start SageTV 64 bit in program mode (not service)
13. Remove all plugins (this may require multiple re-starts and attempts – some weird stuff may happen where re-starts make it appear as if plugins still installed)
a. NOTE: This may take multiple re-starts and attempts to get everything out
b. Delete UI Mod plugins first
c. Then delete General plugins like Commercial Skipper
d. Delete libraries last
e. Restart SageTV more than once to ensure all plugins are deleted
14. Re-install all desired plug-ins and re-configure
a. The beta for DarkSky weather may be problematic – you may have to enter a new zip code, then delete it
15. Change comskip paths to “comskip.exe” and “comskip.ini” in comskip plugin setup to new 64 bit folder – recall you copied these in step 9
16. You will have to re-enter Schedules Direct credentials by going to “Setup Video Sources” and selecting a lineup/etc.
17. When everything looks good, re-start a couple of times
18. At this point, you have both 32 bit and 64 bit SageTV available
19. I had to change the default renderer back to EVR
20. If desired at the end, change to use the SageTV (64 bit) service instead of running SageTV program
Old 03-29-2019, 08:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you Telecore! Looks relatively straight forward! I will try it this weekend.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Your welcome - keep in mind, an alternative would be to only copy wiz.bin over to preserve all recordings and favorites - in fact, some in this forum recommended that - then you would have to setup your video sources, channel lineup and plugins again. Honestly, it could be the same amount of work, either way. I did do the above process 2X - once for my company's SageTV server and last night at home.

Last edited by Telecore; 03-29-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

I use the EricVic network tuning method to change channels on my DirecTv H23 receivers. It uses .DLL. Will this still work under 64 Bit Sage?

Central Sage Server Win 10 64 Bit, Two HD200, Three HD300, & One PC Client 21 TB storage. SageTv 64 Bit
Old 04-01-2019, 09:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve52 View Post
I use the EricVic network tuning method to change channels on my DirecTv H23 receivers. It uses .DLL. Will this still work under 64 Bit Sage?
32-bit DLL’s won’t work directly under 64-bit programs but I did write a shim for the Hauppauge IR blaster DLL. So if what you have isn’t available in 64-bit it’s possible with some work.

Would this method work for you as an alternative? https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53462

EXEMultiTunerPlugin is installed by default and can call 32-bit .exe’s.

Last edited by wnjj; 04-01-2019 at 09:37 AM.