SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Sage User

Missing FanArt

First off, I have searched and searched for an answer, but I haven't found anything that has worked. The problem is that my older Movies are missing FanArt covers but not the description about the movie. Anything new that I add, gets the full treatment with the full description and covers. Since new movies work flawlessly, I believe that Phoenix Core Services are working properly, but that I need to somehow clean out database so that I can start a new fresh scan and start from scratch.

I tried the Phoenix Core Services option "Reset Plugin Configuration" but that didn't help. Is there a nice simple solution to my fix problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!
-Stach
Old 11-04-2015, 09:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Are the posters missing from the fan art folder under userdata or wherever you have your central fan art or is it just missing from the cached version. One possibility is to delete all then entries in the cache folder...either manually or if Phoenix has that option somewhere and then Phoenix will rebuild the cage as needed.

Sometimes the cache gets bad entries....about 622byte files so those need to be deleted.

If it's the base fan art missing then 1 solution is to use BMT to re download the fan art.

k
Old 11-04-2015, 09:28 PM
Sage User

The userdata\Phoenix\Fanart\Movies folder only has folders for the last 15 or so movies that I added recently, and they are the only movies that have covers. All of the other movies covers are just the generic screen scrape from 10 seconds in (or whatever timeframe that default video image is from). No matter what I have tried, I can't get it to recreate those and I don't see where those screen scrapes are coming from either.

So is BMT my best option and if so, what is it's full name (I'm guessing a plugin)?

Thanks again for your replies.
-Stach
Old 11-04-2015, 10:10 PM
Sage User

I found the BMT plugin, but it's a web interface and it appears as though my web interface isn't working because I'm on Java 8. So I'm hoping that there's an easier way to fix my issue than installing BMT and reverting back to Java 7 to use it, is there another way?

Thanks again in advance for your help.
-Stach
Old 11-05-2015, 04:06 AM
SageTVaholic

BMT is just the UI for the Phoenix Core Services plugin, which is what fetches the fanart and metadata from online sources. There is also the CMT plugin (under UI Mod plugins in sage) that handles some of the functionality (editing metadata and manually controlling fanart) from within the SageTV UI.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-05-2015, 06:29 AM
Sage User

Is any of the cover information (the location of the jpg's, etc...) stored in the wiz.bin file as this was a new SageTV server build and I copied the wiz.bin file over from the old server. The directory paths for the media all stayed the same as well (i.e. E:\Movies, E:\Music, etc...). If I removed the E:\Movies path from my list of Import directories, do a scan, add it back in, and then do another scan, would that cause it to pull down all of the information (including FanArt) again?

On another note, I installed the CMT plugin but don't see an obvious way to access the plugin through the GUI....I'll search around for that info.

Thanks again.
Stach
Old 11-05-2015, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

You may need to post in the CMT forum but I believe you press enter on a media item and select edit or manage metadata which launches the CMT options.

And yes, I believe removing, scan, and adding back and scan will rescan those items.

k