SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you Tmiranda and Stuckless. I was able to manually install v06, and it is working.

I checked and my system information currently shows Java version 1.6.0_04. I understand that this is not current and that version 1.8 may not play nicely with SageTV. Should I upgrade to 1.7?
Old 08-03-2015, 06:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
Thank you Tmiranda and Stuckless. I was able to manually install v06, and it is working.

I checked and my system information currently shows Java version 1.6.0_04. I understand that this is not current and that version 1.8 may not play nicely with SageTV. Should I upgrade to 1.7?
Glad you got it working, I only hope I can find out why it doesn't work the normal way

My server runs java 1.6.0._10 and my test setup runs 1.7.0_07. I do recommend you upgrade to the latest version of 1.7. You can upgrade to 1.8 if you do not use the webserver.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

In looking at the debug log, I see a couple of errors as follows:

ERROR with file download of:javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

and

Error communicating with server:java.io.EOFException

It looks to me like Stuckless may be correct in this being tied to my version of Java not being sufficiently current. Anyone have a link to a good version of 1.7?
Old 08-03-2015, 08:36 PM
SageTVaholic

http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_7.xml

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-08-2015, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.07

Beta 0.07 is now ready in the repository:

- Added Linux support.
- Improvements to main menu.
- Added option to change the logging level.
- Added ability to search for Videos and Channels related to the current Video or Channel.
- Display view count for Channels as well as Videos.
- Improvements to video information and channel information dialogs.
- Display dates, durations, and view counts in better formats.
- Improved performance by caching items that are likely to be fetched frequently.
- Fixed a bug that caused the OnDisc icon to not be displayed.
- Fixed a bug that would cause some unneeded processes to continue to run if youtube-dl generated an exception.
- Fixed a bug that would cause an error if the temp file location was on a different filesystem than SageTV.
- Added commons-io dependency.

For version 0.08 I will begin working on recording YouTube videos.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It looks to me like Stuckless may be correct in this being tied to my version of Java not being sufficiently current. Anyone have a link to a good version of 1.7?
Upgrading Java did the trick.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Beta 0.07 is now ready in the repository:

- Added option to change the logging level.
Thank you again for your work on developing this. It is so much better than the original Youtube interface in SageTV.

How are the logging settings used in this plugin? I don't understand their purpose.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thank you again for your work on developing this. It is so much better than the original Youtube interface in SageTV.

How are the logging settings used in this plugin? I don't understand their purpose.
You're welcome

Logging is used for debugging purposes. I recommend you leave it at TRACE unless there is a good reason not to. This way if something goes wrong there is a logfile for me to look at.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:38 AM
SageTVaholic

I just found a strange bug that I can't reproduce. Please let me know if searching channels or videos by keyword suddenly returns no results. I've done some googling and there appears to be a bug in the YouTube Java libraries that causes this to happen. There is a work around which I have not yet implemented.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Progressive Download

If you want to enable progressive download (and use the new Sage 9.x jar file), here is your chance

Instructions:
- Shutdown Sage
- Backup your wiz.bin, wiz.bak, Sage.jar and Sage.properties files. This is important because Sage 9 will convert the wiz.bin to a new format that is NOT backwards compatible with Sage 7.
- Copy Sage.jar to the Sage install directory.
- Copy lucene-core-3.6.0.jar to the JARs directory.
- If there is another version of lucene-core in the JARs directory, delete it. You may get a warning in Sage that a plugin is missing a file. You can ignore that.
- Restart sage.

If you are using a SageClient, you must upgrade the Sage.jar and install the lucene.jar on it or it will not connect to the upgraded Sage server.

Enjoy. And thank Narflex for making Sage 9 open source!

https://github.com/tmiranda1962/tmir...v0.03/Sage.jar

https://github.com/tmiranda1962/tmir...core-3.6.0.jar

Last edited by tmiranda; 08-24-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Will this work in Windows or is this a Linux only thing?
Old 08-12-2015, 11:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
Will this work in Windows or is this a Linux only thing?
It works in Windows. Both linux and windows use the exact same Sage.jar file.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Updating to Sage 9 is very tempting ...

Any idea if it's still possible to connect with HD300 to Sage 9 and which additional key features Sage 9 will provide ?
Old 08-12-2015, 01:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just installed Sage v9 on my Ubuntu box and my HD300 can connect to it.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubdich View Post
Updating to Sage 9 is very tempting ...

Any idea if it's still possible to connect with HD300 to Sage 9 and which additional key features Sage 9 will provide ?
It works fine with HD300s. If you want it to work with a SageClient you must update the Sage.jar file and add the lucene-core.jar on the client.

With the exception of changes to make progressive downloading work, there really aren't ant new features in Sage 9. All of the Google specific things were removed. You will notice some speed increases.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

I may have done something wrong but it appears replacing those 2 files on my client doesn't play well with Gemstone. It did eventually come up but my TV menu options were gone and when I tried to change to the gemstone.xml I got a completely blank menu. Restored my files and I"m back and running but I'm going to guess that if it works on a client you'll have to use the default STV.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I may have done something wrong but it appears replacing those 2 files on my client doesn't play well with Gemstone. It did eventually come up but my TV menu options were gone and when I tried to change to the gemstone.xml I got a completely blank menu. Restored my files and I"m back and running but I'm going to guess that if it works on a client you'll have to use the default STV.
Did you replace them on both the server and the client?

I'm not a Gemstone user but there should be no reason for it to not work. Can you test your theory and switch back to the default STV?

Old 08-12-2015, 08:30 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
My understanding is some (class) calls were changed between v7 and v9, largely due to switching over to OS options over proprietary ones. So some plug-ins may break depending on how they were interacting with Sage.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

I did not update the server because I didn't want to risk crashing the family tv.
Might be required though. I assumed client was nearly stand alone. I'll have to try a test server and see if it works.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:53 PM
Sage User

failed download

I can't install the last couple of updates. It says:
Plugin install progress: Done - FAILED - resource download
http://github.com/tmiranda1962/tmira...es/download/v0
.02/youtubestvi-0.07.zip

i tried from the server, a client and my hd300. had this problem one other time
with cvs plugin