SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:27 AM
Sage User

Smile SourceForge still down...

It seems that SourceForge has been down for almost a day by now without any estimate of when they will be back up again... any chance of moving the repo to GitHub instead?

https://twitter.com/sfnet_ops/status/621859945487581184

Cheers,

Smiley
Old 07-17-2015, 11:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
It seems that SourceForge has been down for almost a day by now without any estimate of when they will be back up again... any chance of moving the repo to GitHub instead?
I was already thinking about doing that. Maybe this is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

I'm getting ready to go on a vacation until July 30th. Don't expect any change before then.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:52 PM
Sage User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I'm getting ready to go on a vacation until July 30th. Don't expect any change before then.
Damn...

Damn Damn...

Well, ok everybody needs a vacation and you've earned it I'll just have to go back to the 'being patient' part again

Cheers,

Smiley
Old 07-17-2015, 05:04 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm trying to get the next version out before I leave. By "any changes" I was referring to the repository where the plugin is posted.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:13 PM
SageTVaholic

SourceForge is still down and I'm getting close to having the next version ready. I took a look at GitHub and can't quite figure it out. All I want to do for the moment is upload a few files necessary for the plugin manager. The instructions want me to do a "release", whatever that is.

Any GitHub experts out there?

Last edited by tmiranda; 07-18-2015 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
SourceForge is still down and I'm getting close to having the next version ready. I took a look at GitHub and can't quite figure it out. All I want to do for the moment is upload a few files necessary for the plugin manager. The instructions want me to do a "release", whatever that is.

Any GitHub experts out there?
Jeff?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 07-19-2015, 04:04 AM
Sage User

Smile SourceForge is back up again!

It seems that SourceForge is back up again, so I've managed to install the module now.

Unfortunately I haven't got any experince with GitHub (only from a user point of view), so I cannot offer any assistance in that area.

During a quick test of the module I could tell that you have detailed control of the download process, so I may have a few suggestions on how to create a 'close-to-progressive-download' version, based on some tests I did on a netradio module for the version 6 UI some years back. I never got around to upgrading it to the version 7 UI, so it has not been released, but I will try to dig in my SVN repos for the source code.

The new youtube module is absolutely great, and much better than the original youtube module, so it is a big thumbs up from here. I hope you enjoy your vacation!

Cheers,

Smiley
Old 07-19-2015, 05:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It seems that SourceForge is back up again, so I've managed to install the module now.

Unfortunately I haven't got any experince with GitHub (only from a user point of view), so I cannot offer any assistance in that area.

During a quick test of the module I could tell that you have detailed control of the download process, so I may have a few suggestions on how to create a 'close-to-progressive-download' version, based on some tests I did on a netradio module for the version 6 UI some years back. I never got around to upgrading it to the version 7 UI, so it has not been released, but I will try to dig in my SVN repos for the source code.

The new youtube module is absolutely great, and much better than the original youtube module, so it is a big thumbs up from here. I hope you enjoy your vacation!

Cheers,

Smiley
Glad you got it working.

No need for you to spend too much time on the "close to progressive" solution. It will have the real thing in due time.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:05 PM
SageTVaholic

The bad news is that SourceForge is still down. The good news is that I managed to get the files hosted on GitHub.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.06

Version v.06 is available in the PlugIn Manager. Changelog:

- Added support for Right arrow keystroke.
- Added support for watched bars and marker.
- Added option to delete file if it has already been downloaded.
- Added option to resume watching.
- Added option to download to alternate location.
- Added OSD information when doing progressive playback.
- Added dialog showing progress when searching for Channels or Videos.
- Added dialog showing progress when setting up for download.
- Added icon area to right panel. (HD, Watched, Downloaded.)
- Fixed a bug that caused thumbnail to display over the preview window if preview was active.
- Fixed a bug that caused downloaded video to be deleted prematurely.
- Enhanced display consistency by converting all SearchResult objects to their native form.
- Enhancements to options menus.
- Internal improvements for efficiencies and future enhancements.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
- Added OSD information when doing progressive playback.
Does this mean progressive playback is now supported, or are we still awaiting the open source project for this to work?
Old 07-20-2015, 11:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
Does this mean progressive playback is now supported, or are we still awaiting the open source project for this to work?
Still waiting for the open source. But when it comes out progressive playback will work.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

I will be on vacation and have limited internet access from the 23rd until the 31st. If you post something and I don't respond right away it's because I'm strolling the streets of Budapest or watching the Formula1 race

When I get back I will be working on three things. If you have any specific requests let me know. Right now my priority list is

- Add ability to record videos and have them show up as imports.
- Add more of the features that are available on the YouTube website such as suggested channels and videos, related channels, browse comments, etc.
- Cosmetic enhancements: Display dates in a more readable format, show video watch count, etc.
- Add Linux support.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Still waiting for the open source. But when it comes out progressive playback will work.
Maybe I missed this part of the discussion, but what specifically needs to be added/changed in the core for progressive playback to function?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-21-2015, 11:06 AM
Sage User

Smile Core change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Maybe I missed this part of the discussion, but what specifically needs to be added/changed in the core for progressive playback to function?
I seem to recall from an earlier thread that it is SageTvs missing ability to play https based streams, and since youtube changed all their video urls to be https instead of http a change in the core is required...

As I have mentioned earlier it is possible, however, to create a 'close-to-progressive' solution since SageTV will allow playing a file that has not been fully written yet, but one needs to create the SageTV video object with the length of the video and a sufficient buffer must be downloaded before playback is started in order for it to work with extenders. The actual download will then continue in a background thread. SageTV will display the file as fully downloaded even if it is only partially downloaded, but if one is aware of this it is not a problem (only if one were to attempt to 'save' the video by using the record button, then it would be bad).

I did a proof-of-concept on this for a netradio module a few years back, and it was working like a charm. I just created a temp .mp3 file and downloaded a sufficient buffer, and kept on writing to that file in a background thread after having 'returned' the path to the file to the SageTV player. The video length was just set to 24 hours to ensure it did not stop prematurely. This worked on both HD200 and HD300 extenders, but the UI was created for version 6 and I never got around to updating it to version 7, so the project was never finished.

In this case the length of the video is already known, so it can be set acurately, and the playback can begin once the ETA of the download is less than the video length...

# Smiley

Last edited by Smiley; 07-21-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I seem to recall from an earlier thread that it is SageTvs missing ability to play https based streams, and since youtube changed all their video urls to be https instead of http a change in the core is required...

As I have mentioned earlier it is possible, however, to create a 'close-to-progressive' solution since SageTV will allow playing a file that has not been fully written yet, but one needs to create the SageTV video object with the length of the video and a sufficient buffer must be downloaded before playback is started in order for it to work with extenders. The actual download will then continue in a background thread. SageTV will display the file as fully downloaded even if it is only partially downloaded, but if one is aware of this it is not a problem (only if one were to attempt to 'save' the video by using the record button, then it would be bad).

I did a proof-of-concept on this for a netradio module a few years back, and it was working like a charm. I just created a temp .mp3 file and downloaded a sufficient buffer, and kept on writing to that file in a background thread after having 'returned' the path to the file to the SageTV player. The video length was just set to 24 hours to ensure it did not stop prematurely. This worked on both HD200 and HD300 extenders, but the UI was created for version 6 and I never got around to updating it to version 7, so the project was never finished.

In this case the length of the video is already known, so it can be set acurately, and the playback can begin once the ETA of the download is less than the video length...

# Smiley
I would think this would work - until someone tries to skip forward past the portion that has been downloaded already. I suppose you could just disable the skip forward function when doing the pseudo-progressive playback.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 07-21-2015, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

You shouldn't necessarily have to worry about the skip. Sage should play it back just like a currently recording file, and simply won't let you skip past the end of the file (or within xx seconds of the end). In any case, if it's an https problem, then yeah, that would need to either be fixed in the core, or run through an https to http proxy. I've thought about making a proxy-in-jar solution to enable HD playback from PlayOn as well (which, while not https like youtube, requires a properly configured user-agent, which sage does not set) - but decided it would be easier to wait until the source code is opened up, and simply configure the user-agent there, as it should have been originally.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-21-2015, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you

Old 07-21-2015, 12:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

# Smiley
Yes, this is very clever and will work. If the open source version is not released in a reasonable amount of time I will take you up on your offer to implement this.

One question I have. How do you determine the run time of an .mp4 video?

Old 07-21-2015, 01:42 PM
Sage User

Smile

Quote:
Yes, this is very clever and will work. If the open source version is not released in a reasonable amount of time I will take you up on your offer to implement this.

One question I have. How do you determine the run time of an .mp4 video?
I would expect the runtime of the video to be provided by the YouTube API, but since I do not have first hand knowledge of this it is merely a guess on my part... if that is not the case - the idea is no good, since getting the video length from the .mp4 file would require the file to be fully downloaded first and we would be back to square one...

#Smiley