SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Spinning Circle of Death timeout on playback

I'm hoping someone can point me to a setting in either the UI or properties file to shorten the timeout when starting playback. I'm not trying to resolve the playback issue (that's due to physical signal conditions).
I simply want Sage to stop trying so hard to play the file and just give up sooner.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Also

Also - just have to say that I nearly lost it when I saw SageTV was going open source! I've been somewhat depressed when searching for alternatives for some time now.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:56 PM
Sage Expert

Same symptom but looking for cause not symptom alleviation.

I've suddenly started to get a raft of problematic recordings in the last couple days.

All from/through my ceton infinitv6 through sagedct 2.6. recordings from OTA seem fine.

Symptom is spinning circle when playing back on extenders (200 and 300.)

Upon review the primary problem seems to be questionable audio track.

Files playback fine in other software, and can even play some of them back on sage on server, but have to choose a different audio track to hear the voice audio. I hear soundtrack audio but no voice, including sports broadcasts, very weird experience.

Tried videoredo, didn't help. Tried tsmuxer removing what looks like problematic audio track, but still doesn't help. Playing file in sage gives sound track still, but now even though there are extra audio tracks to choose from they all play the same audio. Interestingly. commercial audio is fine, it's show audio only that's a problem.

Thoughts.

EDIT

Above not all true. multiple CW shows have this problem, Flash and izombie tonight both have this issue, but Marvel's agents of shield also have it and that came in over ATSC/OTA via antenna and thumb drive tuner. Have rebooted a couple of times already. Did do some windows updates last week.

Edit 2

And it gets more interesting. Odd behavior noted last night on shows listed above was on the server. When actually viewing those shows on extender they played back fine?????

Really confused.

Help.

Thanks
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)

Last edited by Deacon Crusher; 04-22-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Make sure none of your IPs have changed both on your devices and your router subnet. I've seen it happen before and the stuff just ran wacko.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Crusher View Post
Same symptom but looking for cause not symptom alleviation.

I've suddenly started to get a raft of problematic recordings in the last couple days.

All from/through my ceton infinitv6 through sagedct 2.6. recordings from OTA seem fine.

Symptom is spinning circle when playing back on extenders (200 and 300.)

Upon review the primary problem seems to be questionable audio track.

Files playback fine in other software, and can even play some of them back on sage on server, but have to choose a different audio track to hear the voice audio. I hear soundtrack audio but no voice, including sports broadcasts, very weird experience.

Tried videoredo, didn't help. Tried tsmuxer removing what looks like problematic audio track, but still doesn't help. Playing file in sage gives sound track still, but now even though there are extra audio tracks to choose from they all play the same audio. Interestingly. commercial audio is fine, it's show audio only that's a problem.

Thoughts.

EDIT

Above not all true. multiple CW shows have this problem, Flash and izombie tonight both have this issue, but Marvel's agents of shield also have it and that came in over ATSC/OTA via antenna and thumb drive tuner. Have rebooted a couple of times already. Did do some windows updates last week.

Edit 2

And it gets more interesting. Odd behavior noted last night on shows listed above was on the server. When actually viewing those shows on extender they played back fine?????

Really confused.

Help.

Thanks
I was using two hdhomerun primes and seemed to have quite a bit of difficulty. It seems that signal quality is pretty darn important - literally a signal strength over 90% resulted in playback failures and overall sluggishness while recording and simply browsing the recordings list. I presume this is due to the preview frame feature.
setting auto-convert on favorites corrected lot of them.

I recently replaced the primes with a ceton internal 6 tuner and have so far had much better consistency.

Still would like to be able to shorten up how long it tries to play!

Tags
circle of death, playback, timeout