SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

DVBSKy S952 Dual DVB-S/S2 PCIe

Just to let people know i'm using one of these tuners at the moment and its working very well. I got mine for around £70 so they are pretty reasonable too.
http://www.dvbsky.net/Products_S952.html

The only thing to bear in mind is that you need 3 spare 4 pin molex connectors to power it. Its not like the TBS where you don't need them.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdisco View Post
Just to let people know i'm using one of these tuners at the moment and its working very well. I got mine for around £70 so they are pretty reasonable too.
http://www.dvbsky.net/Products_S952.html
This is a great news! How would you rate the tuning performance of this card compared with the TBS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdisco View Post
The only thing to bear in mind is that you need 3 spare 4 pin molex connectors to power it. Its not like the TBS where you don't need them.
I've thought that the external power is required when driving DiSeqC motors only and not for normal operation. I'm surprised that this card draws more than 10W which is normally what provided by most PCIe interfaces.

Cheers
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 01-06-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Tuning speeds seam to be similar to the TBS, tuning is now definitely slower on the TBS though i think its after you gave me the correct tuning parameters (I dont get any picture breakups now;-) ). You were always surprised how quick it tuned.

Definitely need the power leads connected, i tried initially without even though it said they were needed and it wouldn't tune.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

I bought dvbsky s952 to replace my technotrend s3600. I can only get one tuner to work at any one time. Both tuners work separately but when I add the other tuner from the card I lose all the channels on the first tuner (Some times one or two channels remain working). I have tried them on the same lineup and on separate lineups. I have up dated to the latest drivers. If I restart my pc and check the tuners they both appear to work but when I return to the tuner I checked first the problem starts again ( the channels will not work). Even on the not working channels the signal shows 90-100%. Any ideas ?
Old 02-08-2014, 03:12 AM
Sage User

I ordered a DVBSky S952 and same issue. One channel would work but when you record from two at the same time one tuner then fails on the next channel tuned and service needs to be restarted. Thought it was a faulty TV card so ordered a replacement.. same issue. Don't think this card will fully work in native mode. If anyone can get it fully working would be interested to hear how!
Old 02-08-2014, 06:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by garystein View Post
I ordered a DVBSky S952 and same issue. One channel would work but when you record from two at the same time one tuner then fails on the next channel tuned and service needs to be restarted. Thought it was a faulty TV card so ordered a replacement.. same issue. Don't think this card will fully work in native mode. If anyone can get it fully working would be interested to hear how!
I know for sure that jamesdisco uses the "Tuner Preroll" plugin (to make the TBS6984 tuner working properly without errors) which will apply the same mechanism to the DVBSky as well, so you might want to give it a go.

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 02-08-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:23 PM
Sage Expert

Did anyone find out if both channels at the same time worked with this card?