SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Canada
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Canada SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from Canada - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Canada.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Zap2it fixed the SpeedChannel Canada listing when I asked, so there's no reason to think a third set of numbers for Shaw would be out if the question. I'm more worried that Shaw will eventually FORCE all subs to adopt the new LNBF....
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 06-01-2013, 10:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Not sure about that... either way the new map is going to remove the hd channels in the 250-298 range (I think). I think the best thing to do, actually, is yell at Zap2It (perhaps via Sage support?) to include the old mappings with the new ones.
hmmm...disabled the "channel update" feature in customizations, but this morning - for the second time in three days - the new numberings appeared again (1-146) and wiped out the 250-297 range in the SageTV EPG.
However, without me re-mapping anything, when you select one of the goofball new numbers, lets say 34-CTVDT, it selects 293-CTVDT on my 6xx series receivers.
hmmm
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 06-01-2013, 10:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I figured that would happen. What's happening here is not "new" channels being added to the lineup, but existing channels being moved to new channel numbers. Sage is going to move those channels no matter what you set that property to.

Do you have multiple inputs where one or more is using a copy of the original lineup? If so, that's why the channels are still tuning correctly on some receivers - the inputs with the copied lineup are not automatically updated when the source lineup changes. So the input that's directly tied to the lineup will be modified, but any inputs using copies of that lineup will not be modified and will still tune correctly.

I feel your pain, what you need to do is scream at Z2I/Tribune and/or Shaw and tell them that they need to provide the old mappings for the HD channels in the classic lineup along side the new mappings. The fact that there's like 4 different channel mappings for Shaw Direct now is, in itself, a massive joke/headache.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 06-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Sage Expert

I think Slugger just figured out why you are having this problem and I haven't had it at all.

I have 2 tuners on my SageTV system, one is HD capable and the other is only SD capable. The SD tuner has the regular Shaw Direct line up, and the HD tuner has a copied line up.

The HD channels are on the copied line up, so they weren't renumbered with the EPG update (a copied line up doesn't change it's numbering at all unless you manually do it).
Old 06-01-2013, 11:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, I figured that would happen. What's happening here is not "new" channels being added to the lineup, but existing channels being moved to new channel numbers. Sage is going to move those channels no matter what you set that property to.

Do you have multiple inputs where one or more is using a copy of the original lineup? If so, that's why the channels are still tuning correctly on some receivers - the inputs with the copied lineup are not automatically updated when the source lineup changes. So the input that's directly tied to the lineup will be modified, but any inputs using copies of that lineup will not be modified and will still tune correctly.

I feel your pain, what you need to do is scream at Z2I/Tribune and/or Shaw and tell them that they need to provide the old mappings for the HD channels in the classic lineup along side the new mappings. The fact that there's like 4 different channel mappings for Shaw Direct now is, in itself, a massive joke/headache.
I have two tuners, but one is tied to a cable system, and the second is tied to the Shaw Direct satellite. Is that what you mean by multiple inputs? I only have one SD receiver linked to Sage via a Colossus. I don't remember ever doing anything regarding "copying", at least not on my part.
Is there a way to create what you're referring to as a copy lineup, so that the channels appear as they do in the receiver, numerically speaking?
I agree, this sounds like a Zap2it-SD clusterf@#$.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
The HD channels are on the copied line up, so they weren't renumbered with the EPG update (a copied line up doesn't change it's numbering at all unless you manually do it).
since the lineup has already changed to the new numbers, would a Windows 7 restore from an earlier date also restore the old lineup channels? I'm thinking not, but if so then that would be good, because at that point I'd copy the lineup and use the copied one, if I understand correctly

Last edited by tvmaster2; 06-02-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Could this be my problem as to why my EPG isn't updating past the 13th? I had 3 channel lineups, 2 that were copied and they didn't get messed up, only the 1 original did, so i removed that source and re-added it and copied one of the "copied" lineups, so my channels are not screwed up, but I'm not getting any updates...

Shaw West

Last edited by pilotguy7ca; 06-04-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotguy7ca View Post
Could this be my problem as to why my EPG isn't updating past the 13th? I had 3 channel lineups, 2 that were copied and they didn't get messed up, only the 1 original did, so i removed that source and re-added it and copied one of the "copied" lineups, so my channels are not screwed up, but I'm not getting any updates...

Shaw West
it's possible, however, I don't quite understand the "copied" lineup concept. However, Sage gets its EPG data from Zap2it. I don't know where Shaw Direct is getting their guide info, but all of my Shaw receivers are still being updated using the old, classic numbering system, so that's odd. Zap2it should be supplying at least three channel maps, but I'm not sure they are.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Shaw West
what's the latest on your "updates"? how many days - and to what date are your listings up to?
Old 06-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

It appears to be working now...I eventually deleted all my sources, re-added them all back and now I up up to the 19th or so. I did have issues at first when I re-added them back, it gave an error in the log part way through when trying to get East or West in either Classic or Advanced channels, so I had to do it a couple of times.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It appears to be working now...I eventually deleted all my sources, re-added them all back and now I up up to the 19th or so. I did have issues at first when I re-added them back, it gave an error in the log part way through when trying to get East or West in either Classic or Advanced channels, so I had to do it a couple of times.
ok, thanks. I'm keeping an eye on this
Old 06-14-2013, 03:39 PM

Still down here. Have deleted and re-added my HD-PVR, enabled and disabled channels and am still missing the 250-299 channels. Have remapped some of them to keep my favorites running. Any direct advice on how I can get this fixed?

Thanks,
Old 06-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

I called them up and had them move me to the advanced lineup. Then I moved sage to the advanced line up and things are good now.

It just wasn't clearing itself up on the classic line up so I figured it was time to give up on the classic lineup. I went with the new LNB as well. if they tell you that it is going to be $50 to upgrade the LNB, just say "no, its too expensive, I don't need to.". When i did that, the came back right away and offered to do it for $25.

Greg
Old 06-19-2013, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavid View Post
Still down here. Have deleted and re-added my HD-PVR, enabled and disabled channels and am still missing the 250-299 channels. Have remapped some of them to keep my favorites running. Any direct advice on how I can get this fixed?

Thanks,
I still use classic, and manually mapped the new numbers back to the old numbers...took about 30 minutes. So far, Sage hasn't chosen a wrong channel yet. You should see the old channel number in brackets in channel setup right beside the new number.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, I figured that would happen. What's happening here is not "new" channels being added to the lineup, but existing channels being moved to new channel numbers. Sage is going to move those channels no matter what you set that property.

ever since the channel changes and G1, weird things have also been happening with my Favorites and recording schedules. For eg., if I try to setup a Favorite on HBOCanada for 'The Newsroom', it shows up as BOLD, but WON'T schedule. This only happens with HBOCanada (FXCanada Favs work fine). Are you seeing any anomalies like this since G1?
Old 07-24-2013, 01:56 PM
SageTVaholic

No, I haven't. But what I believe that means is that the channel, according to Sage, is not tunable on any of your inputs. Like HBO is now 145. Can you watch HBO live (i.e. will Sage tune and let you watch the channel)? What channel does it try to tune to?

I think the reason I haven't had any issues is that I have G1 and the new channel map is 100% accurate for me.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No, I haven't. But what I believe that means is that the channel, according to Sage, is not tunable on any of your inputs. Like HBO is now 145. Can you watch HBO live (i.e. will Sage tune and let you watch the channel)? What channel does it try to tune to?

I think the reason I haven't had any issues is that I have G1 and the new channel map is 100% accurate for me.
ah, you've got a new LNB? Actually, I can watch live, and schedule manual recordings. Today I did some seriously thorough testing, and for some bizarre reason, I need to shut down and restart the Sage Service for a new Favorite to be picked up and scheduled. That's odd....smells like some kind of corruption, somewhere.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, in their infinite wisdom, Shaw sent out a tech to my house when one of my 605s died. For some reason they were convinced it was a dish problem. Anyway, the tech, free of charge, swapped the LNB to the new one while he was here. This was last fall so I was good and ready for G1... and Shaw also had to replace the dead 605. So they wasted a tonne of time & money, but I got the new LNB free so worked out for me.