SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

View Poll Results: Intersted in new SMM with simpler UI and interface
Obsoletely count me in!!! 37 75.51%
No thanks I'll stick with current version with bugs but more customizable interface 0 0%
Don't use it either way I don't care 12 24.49%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2013, 01:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Interest in New SMM?

Is there a great interest out there? I have some free time and honestly no other UI projects interest me that I take on. It would be completely new from the ground up but a much more simpler interface with fewer customizations. I am not interested in patching the current version as there is just to many changes in MyMovies DB structure to make it workable quicker to just write from scratch. It would include the tv support found in new SMM versions. It would also be strictly for MyMOvies DB I have no interest in supporting phoenix, diamond or sage db. It of course would work with those. I have a couple of hd300's sitting around and am interesting in making it work as a movie streamer only (ie bypass all the sage UI and such of course optionable).
Old 03-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm with you on the HD-300 movie/tv show streamer only. It's the reason I keep my HD-300s. If you're interested, I'm interested. Not sure what you code in, but anything I can do to help just let me know. I could go for a side project right now. Admittedly I've never developed for Sage, but I have been "re-learning" java for something fun to do. Take care!
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 03-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Sage Icon

"Obsoletely"?

I just wondered if that was an intentional pun related to Sage being obsolete, or if that was a case of "spell-check gone wild"... too funny
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-20-2013, 06:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
"Obsoletely"?

I just wondered if that was an intentional pun related to Sage being obsolete, or if that was a case of "spell-check gone wild"... too funny
I will go will purpose makes the most sense right
Old 03-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

I haven't gotten the existing version working since upgrading my server to WHS2011. I am extremely interested in this project. My family continually complains about SMM missing. I think the HD300 is the best MM client hardware available.

I love the "2 rows of covers" view I had configured, but what I miss the most is being able to filter by my categories (new movies, kids movies). Having a separate view for TV series would be a great addition.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:11 AM
Sage User

I also would be interested

Not sure to understand the meaning as a pure movie streamer for hd300, willl it be like current version: a specific menu inside sage that will old only the movies inside the myMovie DB? or will it totally replace the sage interface?
Old 03-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

I would love anything. Basically all i ever use is the horizontal scrolling wall view. I only sort by name and date.

TV support would be wicked and i could finally clean up the mess of archives i have.

Please Please make it happen
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 03-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Sage User

For me it's the filtering I like as well, although I use it on the rating for the kids. Each kid has a different code, that unlocks different sets of movies.

In summary, I'd love a new version.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartok View Post
For me it's the filtering I like as well, although I use it on the rating for the kids. Each kid has a different code, that unlocks different sets of movies.

In summary, I'd love a new version.
Woah someone uses the ratings filter That was always my favorite feature because it allowed me to hide movies my kids couldn't watch without a password. Didn't know anyone used it besides me
Old 03-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Sage User

Yep, I love the ratings filter. I've got two kids that watch diferent things, and then there's movies that I don't want either seeing. It's the one feature that hasn't sold me on any other movie options (gemstone, plex, etc.)
Old 03-30-2013, 04:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartok View Post
Yep, I love the ratings filter. I've got two kids that watch diferent things, and then there's movies that I don't want either seeing. It's the one feature that hasn't sold me on any other movie options (gemstone, plex, etc.)
Gemstone views DO support filtering by rating. Not sure if that is all you are looking for, but you CAN do that now.

For me, MyMovies never really provided me anything to make it worth messing with another piece of software. I only ever installed it back then to use SMM, mainly because of the improved fanart based displays. Now that there are so many other display options using the core SageTV database, I don't see a need to maintain a separate database with essentially the same info in it.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 03-31-2013, 12:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Gemstone views DO support filtering by rating. Not sure if that is all you are looking for, but you CAN do that now.
Never have used Gemstone but I'm pretty sure it doesn't do what SMM does. It actually hides all movies from all views based on rating per client unless a password override is entered even then it only shows those movies for a defined time before it times out and refreshes back to default rating. Each rating level can have its own password. I always meant to add this into diamond but never got around to it...
Quote:
For me, MyMovies never really prov, I don't see a need to maintain a separate database with essentially the same info in it.
Here we go around these loop to loop again. If u don't use it or find a use for it then that's great. Mymovies users mostly have a use or prefer its disc managemt especially when it comes to multi use.to call it the "same info" is lack of knowledge of the full features of My Movies. If your just doing a single disc tv show or per episode rip or single disc movies an not any collections then allot of it is the same, but mymovies many advance metadata nothing else I have ever used can touch.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Here we go around these loop to loop again. If u don't use it or find a use for it then that's great. Mymovies users mostly have a use or prefer its disc managemt especially when it comes to multi use.to call it the "same info" is lack of knowledge of the full features of My Movies. If your just doing a single disc tv show or per episode rip or single disc movies an not any collections then allot of it is the same, but mymovies many advance metadata nothing else I have ever used can touch.
I was merely explaining my selection of the 3rd option you put in your poll.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 03-31-2013, 07:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was merely explaining my selection of the 3rd option you put in your poll.
Ahh come on it's not the old sage forums without some banter between us
Old 03-31-2013, 05:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

I would love to see a new version of SMM, it is the only metadata/fanart solution that gets my movies correct the first time.

My only qualm with the current version is at times it seems to bog down, using large amounts memory.

The new version, if only to accommodate the newer versions of MyMovies, if possible would be great.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

I have started dev. As long as it isn't too time consuming which I don't foresee it being. This version will hit the SQL database directly eliminating the java db copy. May be a tad bid slower but instant to update an such.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cool.. Thank you very much..
HD-DVD Titles 166
DVD Titles - Too Many To Count..
Old 04-04-2013, 07:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

That's awesome news - thank you PluckyHD!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Sage Expert

not to sound over eager, or demanding or anything...
but is it done yet?

how about now?

we need a waiting impatiently smilies....
Old 04-10-2013, 03:22 PM
SageTVaholic

You know I'm in. You know I'm willing to test anything as well. I still use the current SMM so I'm all over this.

Any thoughts on exactly what you have planned? There are a few very specific things I use all the time so I'd like to see them stay.

Let me know what you think.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.