SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Help! No remote -- how control HD300 in standalone mode?

So Im in the process of moving halfway across the country. Got my Server and HD300 temporarily setup but stupidly no remote (other than a DTV remote) until the rest of my stuff gets here in Jan .

Want to get rid of the cord running down the middle of the living room to use wireless (hopefully my wireless usb adapter is compatible) but I cant get it into standalone mode (set to auto-connect) to set it up (tried hitting stop at the prompt but no go). Using TaSageTv app to control once in extender mode.

Any ideas folks or SOL till Jan?
Old 12-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
on the server pc go into plugins and install sagetv webserver and mobile web server.

use your phone to control the extender with web remote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

No go. Neither TaSagetv app nor mobile web remote control will control the HD300 until after its connected to the Sage Server. Then they work fine. TaSagetv will even turn it on from standby.

Right now I cant access teh HD300's standalone mode at all (if I unplug/replug w/o the ethernet cable, it just sits and awaits connection).

Frustrating.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Just tested it, and yes, you can access and navigate the prelim setup menus with a wired USB keyboard. Make sure you hit the <enter> key right when you see the menu to cancel autoconnect to the Sage Server.

Good luck.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Just tested it, and yes, you can access and navigate the prelim setup menus with a wired USB keyboard. Make sure you hit the <enter> key right when you see the menu to cancel autoconnect to the Sage Server.

Good luck.

Borrowed a keyboard and youre absolutely right Thx.

Unfortunately, the HD300 wont recognize my USB wireless adapter that works in everything else so Im back to square one.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:23 AM
SageTVaholic

$50. Problem solved.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Actionte...line&cp=1&lp=5