SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Sage User

Weather Widgets Now Blank

After updating the weather plugin and stv to fix the issue with google weather not updating, I no longer have any data in the weather widget with Diamond...is that no longer an option, or have I missed something in the updates?
I've updated both the STV and updated plugin, and can see current weather in the Weather menu, including the added features like radar, multiple locations, etc., just no more widget (all weather widgets are just blank).
Old 10-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Sage Icon

Diamond will require an update to use the new weather API and STV updates just released by Opus. Same goes for Gemstone,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...82&postcount=1

You kind of jumped the gun
Old 10-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Diamond will require an update to use the new weather API and STV updates just released by Opus. Same goes for Gemstone,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...82&postcount=1

You kind of jumped the gun
The Weather Widget was not working before updating to the just released STV and API, as it was permanently stuck on August 26 since the Google Weather API appears to be no longer supported. With the new STV, the widget is just blank, instead of displaying the wrong info, so there really is no jumping the gun involved - it was broken for a month, and still is!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Sage Icon

Regardless, you need to wait for an update to Diamond to work with the new API as the widgets were coded on the original Google Weather API which was broken in late August (as you pointed out) and not working for anyone without another solution until now. Opus has updated the API but we haven't even had a chance to look at it let alone correct the Diamond weather widgets to work with it.

Or you could move on to Gemstone (Diamond V4 really...). Gemstone already has other working weather sources so your weather widgets won't be blank. Gemstone will be updated to also use the Google API just not sure when we will get to it.

Last edited by jorton; 10-04-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

jorton, thanks for all of your great work on these plugins! It is awesome that the developer community is still so active. Now to my question. Will there be an update to Diamond to support the new weather API or is Diamond basically 'dead'? The reason I am asking is that I tried Gemstone and had some issues (rebuilding image cache, crashing my extender on install), so I have reverted back to Diamond Legacy. I may give Gemstone another try down the road, but for now I would like to stick with the stability of Diamond. Again, thanks for the support.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Sage Icon

We haven't decided on whether or not to stop work on Diamond Legacy. We may continue to update as long as its not a lot of extra work. We really want to make Gemstone are primary work as its Damond V4 really. Have you tried Gemstone since we moved to a full STV from a STVi loaded on top of the Sagetv STV. Big memory improvements etc... And if you are having image caching issues we need to know about them so we can get logs and correct if needed. I have run into some odd/corrupt Fanart that has caused issues so it sometimes helps to figure out which Fanart is locking up the cache process and delete it so you can download the images again... We definitely want to know more about the crashing extender on install issue so please log an issue if you can.

J
Old 06-11-2013, 09:14 PM
SageTVaholic

My weather doesn't seem to be working in Diamond, I am stuck on 14C. Any advice on where to look?
Old 10-17-2015, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Diamond-Legacy download source location moved

As Google Code downloads will "soon" be removed I have moved the download source location of this legacy plugin to BinTray.

The are no other changes to this plugin so there is NO reason to update to this new plugin version unless you are installing a new system.

NOTE: there is NO plan (by me) to EVER update this plugin as Gemstone completely replaces this solution and is PLENTY of work in itself so issues in the legacy Diamond Code will remain unless someone else wishes to take it on and update it.

k