SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Sage User

Angry Custom Folder View is empty after collecting meta data

I had a custom view set up to point to a single folder where I had about 20 or so season 1 and 2 episodes of Modern family .avi's stored. These files are not sage recordings, but just plain avi's and the file naming was fairly generic so they didn't have any meta data collected for them.

Diamond showed them just fine, but it was basically just the list of files (no fanart, etc.)

I wanted to get the file names correctly formatted so I changed the names to follow the BMT pattern and rescanned the library. BMT shows the data as having been collected and now each renamed file has a corresponding .properties file and everything shows up correctly in BMT.

Unfortunately, my custom view in Diamond now is empty - it just says "unknown' and shows no entries.

The custom view is set up with a single "include" folder which is the folder where all these files were stored and are still stored (just with the new, expanded names).

If I add an additional folder of movies to the "include" list, those movies show up in the view.

Any thoughts on how to get the view to show the contents of my folder?

Thanks.

Silverstone SST-LC03 - ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe - PVR-250 - Radeon 9600XT - Sage
Old 03-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Sage Icon

In your custom Diamond Flow, have you tried to remove the folder "include" and add it back again?

Do you have another filter set on the view that may be filtering out the content now that you added your custom metadata in BMT?

J
Old 03-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Sage User

I tried removing the single "include" folder filter and then viewing the content. It showed all of the videos in all my import directories. Through process of elimination, it looks like when there are no filters at all, the videos in the Modern Family dedicated folder still do not appear.

I checked the "filter Setup" and all options are "ON" with categories filtered in set to "NONE"

Is there some other place that filters are set? I don't recall.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

I would suggest the filters are not the issue if without any filters the videos still do not display in the list.

I would suggest the metadata is somehow not correct in that Diamond is not recognizing these to include them in the list.

you could try moving these files to a location NOT in your imported folders list and do a Sage Refresh. Then move them back, and then refresh Sage again.

My guess is that the rename of the files caused the issue.

k
Old 03-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had this once.

Found that I had inadvertantly archived the videos in BMT.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Sage User

So, I've tried the following without any success:

1. Moved all the videos and .properties files out to a newly created folder, then added that folder to the sage sources and rescanned. I then changed the single include folder in the Diamond View to the new folder - no luck

2. Went in via BMT and flipped one episode from TV to Movie - no luck

3. Went in via BMT and saw that the Sage Recording box was "clear" and the Archived box was "checked" but dithered. I checked the Sage Recording box, saved, and then the Archived box was no longer dithered, so I unchecked that. no luck

thanks for all the help so far.

Aside from the glaring stares I'm starting to get from my 10-year old daughter who has lost access to her Modern Family fix - everything is fine, just fine.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

I am not certain that this will solve you issue but you need to complete the specific steps to get Sage to forget a media item and then find it again... the steps you list in the first item will not do that.

This may not help but these are the specific steps you need to follow to get Sage to forget and find a Media Item (worked for me in the past at least)...

- move these files to a Folder than is not going to be scanned by Sage
- Run a Sage Refresh (this will make Sage "forget" the media file)
- copy the files into a folder that is part of your import folders. Note: I would suggest you DO NOT copy back the .properties files.
- run a Sage Refresh - Sage should find these as NEW Media Files which should cause BMT to also look these up (if you have the auto mode on for BMT)

No guarantees but I hope this helps.

k
Old 03-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdad View Post
So, I've tried the following without any success:

1. Moved all the videos and .properties files out to a newly created folder, then added that folder to the sage sources and rescanned. I then changed the single include folder in the Diamond View to the new folder - no luck

2. Went in via BMT and flipped one episode from TV to Movie - no luck

3. Went in via BMT and saw that the Sage Recording box was "clear" and the Archived box was "checked" but dithered. I checked the Sage Recording box, saved, and then the Archived box was no longer dithered, so I unchecked that. no luck

thanks for all the help so far.

Aside from the glaring stares I'm starting to get from my 10-year old daughter who has lost access to her Modern Family fix - everything is fine, just fine.
I've experienced the same issue with the archive check box. I have to save after checking the recording box and then uncheck the archive box. Or I do a batch unarchive.

Juspoken mentioned not moving .prop files since sage will recreate them if they are not there. Never had an issue because I never moved the .props with the videos. Sage sees the .prop file and knows not to process it.

Good luck
Mike