SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Sage Icon

Need some help troubleshooting my diamond fanart

My fanart was running great last week - before I rebuild my OS and Sage installation. Everything else seems to be back in working order, but I am only getting partial fanart (on my DVD/imported movies).

For example, I am only getting a few posters:

despite having multiple posters and backgrounds for each of these movies:

BMT data also seems complete:

I had, at one point, a number of folder.jpg's that I have since deleted. Everything should now be in the central fanart folder.

Any thoughts about how to troubleshoot it? I'm happy to uninstall some plugins and start in a specific order, if that's needed/helpful.

Thanks for any help.

Matt
Old 03-04-2012, 03:45 PM
SageTVaholic

First thing to try would be to delete the cache. (should be somewhere in sagetv/userdata). Then rebuild it by using the scale fanart option.

The other possibility is that your fanart location is set incorrectly on that particular client, so it is unable to access the images. Check for the fanart folder location in both your sage.properties file, and each .properties file in the sagetv/clients folder to make sure they are all pointing to the right place.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 03-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Sage Icon

In the Sideways Flow, try pushing delete when one of the "blank" fanart images is highlighted and then select "Delete Diamond Cached Fanart for Show" to recache the fanart for the single item.

I have those blanks occasionally and this usually works to "recache" them.

If you have lots of them, go to Setup/Detailed Setup and under the Diamond section select to "Delete All Cached Fanart" and then recache when prompted.

Hope this clears it up for you.

PS - The Diamond cache is under "SageTV\cache\DiamondImages". Diamond fetches the fanart from the main Phoenix Fanart folder and then caches locally in the folder mentioned.

J

Last edited by jorton; 03-04-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
In the Sideways Flow, try pushing delete when one of the "blank" fanart images is highlighted and then select "Delete Diamond Cached Fanart for Show" to recache the fanart for the single item.
this works perfectly.

Quote:
If you have lots of them, go to Setup/Detailed Setup and under the Diamond section select to "Delete All Cached Fanart" and then recache when prompted.
I tried this (three times, actually) and it didn't seem to do anything to populate the blank images. It rebuilt the images - i could watch them pop up in windows explorer, and they seem to be fine. But they never "transferred" over to any of the Diamond views.

Quote:
PS - The Diamond cache is under "SageTV\cache\DiamondImages". Diamond fetches the fanart from the main Phoenix Fanart folder and then caches locally in the folder mentioned.
i tired blasting this directory too, but it didn't seem to help.

Is there a specific order that things should be done? There seem to be a few fanart cache options in various places, and I'm not really sure which is which.

Is there a best practices to get the fanart right? I can go through and hit delete for each of my ~ 300 movies. Not a huge deal, but it seems that there is just some setting/switch that might do it automagically for me.

Thanks again
Matt
Old 03-04-2012, 11:10 PM
SageTVaholic

do you see this problem on all clients/extenders? or just certain ones?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 03-05-2012, 04:40 AM
Sage Icon

All extenders. When I fix the art for one movie from one extender, its fixed on the other extenders as well.