SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Sage User

GUI hangs at end of recorded show

This is new ?!

This is day two since I switched back form using WMC and my kids started watching a couple of their recorded shows on the server (with service running). At the end of the show the last frame of the recording and the background of the gui showed up but without any bottons or menu items shown.

When I press the green button or any other menu butten nothing happenes as well. By accident I pressed the rewind button and the show started playing again for the 10 sec that I rewound and it stuck again. So the second time I ckicked on rewind and I immediately pressed the stop button the gui came back the way is is suppose to.

Looking in the forums I found the following suggestions for similar issues, however these date back to 2006.

1) Use older java version like 1.3
2) too many favorites may cause this (I have about 40 setup)

Has anyone else seen a similar issue or knows what could be wrong with mine.

PS: I use the diamond gui and several other plugins.
PS2: Another quirk I noticed is when I have analog TV playing in the little window and the guide is open the screen flickers when I use the up and down buttons to scroll through the channels. If I am on a digital channel from the ceton this does not happen. Any ideas?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Sage Icon

Sounds like a decoder issue, what version of windows and what decoder are you using?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Sage Icon

At the end of a show it will stay "up" until you press stop, this may be your issue. It's not an automatic stop to allow you to rewind without having to restart the playback again.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Sage User

This is on Windows7 Ultimate with the latest SageTV 7.1.9 and I use the built in SageTV MPEG decoder. I use ffdshow for MKV, but that is about it.

I just recreated it again this morning to make sure I got it right and found out that the last frame of the show is actually in full screen. Then when I press the stop button nothing happens, however if I press the green button it will put the last frame image into the smaller window in the upper right corner and the rest of the background is the diamond gui without any of the buttons.

If I press the rewind button now the show will start playing again and it I press stop the show actually stops and the gui pops up all the buttons.

So if I let the recording got the the end none of the menu buttons seem to have an effect. The background changes accordingly but the active display that shows buttons and menu items is not.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Sage Icon

What do you mean by the "green" button? Media Center remote? Maybe you have something mapped from your WMC use that Sagetv is not interpreting correctly? Maybe check your remote control button mappings???

Re the flickering - If you are using W7 Ult you might have better luck with the built in Microsoft decoders and MKV splitter like Haali. Might help with the flickering.

I have never had anything like you are experiencing with Diamond (we don't touch playback etc...) so please try disabling Diamond UI Mod via the plugin manager and try the playback again to see if it is still an issue.

J
Old 01-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
What do you mean by the "green" button? Media Center remote? Maybe you have something mapped from your WMC use that Sagetv is not interpreting correctly? Maybe check your remote control button mappings???

Re the flickering - If you are using W7 Ult you might have better luck with the built in Microsoft decoders and MKV splitter like Haali. Might help with the flickering.

I have never had anything like you are experiencing with Diamond (we don't touch playback etc...) so please try disabling Diamond UI Mod via the plugin manager and try the playback again to see if it is still an issue.

J
correct this is a media center remote and it works fine. The green button will get me back to the main menu any time, with the exception when the recorded show ends. As soon as the rewind button is pressed and the show plays the last few seconds again all is fine. It only happens if I let the show play to the end.

Also, I never stated that this was a particular problem with Diamond, nor did I originally post this in this specific forum. An admin must have moved it here.

I'll give the MS decoder a try.

As far as the things I found regarding Java version or having too many favorites, do you think that could be an issue? I thought that sage was running on the latest version of Java, no?