SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Sage User

Question Diamond Sluggish Performance on STV Client

I've been using the STV client (on a seperate PC)+ Diamond for about a year now without any performance issue. However, about 2 weeks ago, the UI browsing has been responding very slow (eg: when I click through the TV, videos, Setup, etc. menus, there is a 5-15 second spinning circle lag ). It's really noticeable when browsing through videos. Other functionality work fine -- video playback is fine. The STV Server machine also plays back fine.

I tried updating all plugins with no effect..

If I uninstall Diamond, the system runs fine again. I've attached the logs, but I couldn't identify what may be causing this:

[AWTThreadWatcher-SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI@13d7254] EventThread-SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI Hang Detected - hang time = 6047

HELP HELP!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (379.0 KB, 369 views)
Old 12-25-2011, 10:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingmustard View Post
I've been using the STV client (on a seperate PC)+ Diamond for about a year now without any performance issue. However, about 2 weeks ago, the UI browsing has been responding very slow (eg: when I click through the TV, videos, Setup, etc. menus, there is a 5-15 second spinning circle lag ). It's really noticeable when browsing through videos. Other functionality work fine -- video playback is fine. The STV Server machine also plays back fine.

I tried updating all plugins with no effect..

If I uninstall Diamond, the system runs fine again. I've attached the logs, but I couldn't identify what may be causing this:

[AWTThreadWatcher-SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI@13d7254] EventThread-SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI Hang Detected - hang time = 6047

HELP HELP!!
Nothing specific in the logs jumped out at me... perhaps someone else may see something.

A few general things you can try if you have not already...

- Clear the Diamond Cache and force it to rebuild... and wait for it as it may take some time.

- Run only Diamond with all other Plugins disabled and see if this issue still exists.

- Clear the Diamond Settings - you will lose all your customizations but if indeed you do not get these hangs with diamond uninstalled then it may be a setting that is messed up.

Let us know how it goes.

k
Old 12-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Sage User

Diamond Settings Clearout

I did try to clear and re-cache the fanart but no difference. I even disabled the fanart for the sake of troubleshooting but also no success.

I was hoping an uninstall and re-install of Diamond might do the job but the old settings remained. All the widgets were restored so I assume most if not all diamond settings were preserved.

Is there another way to reset all diamond settings?

Thanks!
Old 12-25-2011, 10:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingmustard View Post
I did try to clear and re-cache the fanart but no difference. I even disabled the fanart for the sake of troubleshooting but also no success.

I was hoping an uninstall and re-install of Diamond might do the job but the old settings remained. All the widgets were restored so I assume most if not all diamond settings were preserved.

Is there another way to reset all diamond settings?

Thanks!
Yes... Details are in the Wiki but from the main menu hit Options, Diamond, debug (I think) and then clear settings... Off the top of my head.

K
Old 12-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Sage User

I ended up fixing the problem by fixing my UNC share for fanart. Apparently my windows credentials were not being remembered by the system. Not sure why this should matter when fanart was disabled though.

In any case, it would be a good enhancement if diamond could log some sort of credential error instead of thread hang error, or maybe this is the responsibility of Phoenix API?

In any case, I hope this helps someone else out there !
Old 12-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Sage Icon

I wonder if that could be my problem too.... Or the past coupledom this my browsing experience has been less then stellar (ui hangs, etc) with the same ui hang wait entires in the log. I changed the fanart location several months ago. I didn't recache diamond fanart after the change so perhaps diamond is trying to recache the old location. I'll try recaching and see...
Check out TVExplorer

Tags
stv diamond hang