SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Sage User

Sage UI slow with Ceton InfiniTV4 installed?

Has anyone experienced the Sage UI getting sluggish when the Ceton InfiniTV4 is installed in the Sage server box? My wife says "Sage is acting funny" where "acting funny" basically means that the UI is taking a long time to respond to remote clicks (way too much "whirling wheel").

I've had the Ceton card for a fair while but it didn't actually get much use. I only had one tuner configured, and we didn't watch/record more than one program at a time very often. Sage almost always used our HD-PVR in preference to the Ceton.

This situation has changed because
  • We changed from Comcast to FiOS, and
  • I can't get the HD-PVR IR blaster to work with FiOS's Cisco (aka Scientific-Atlanta) 335 HDC set-top box, so
  • I configured the Ceton tuners and removed the HD-PVR, so Sage now uses the Ceton all the time.

The Ceton works great as far as tuning and rendering the content, but now we seem to have periods when we have very sluggish UI response.

Also, in the last day or two I have gone from having two of four Ceton tuners configured to having all four configured. I'm wondering if that has degraded the UI.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot the responsiveness of the Sage UI?

PS If anybody knows the remote code for the Cisco 335 HDC that FiOS is now shipping, I'd love to put my HD-PVR back in service.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

I too am seeing a 'sluggish' UI (using Ceton as network encoder).

But it is only when I stop viewing a TV show - then I get a 'spinning wheel' for a couple seconds. Funny thing is it happens no matter what I am watching, whenever I hit 'stop'.

Anyone?