SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Sage Icon

spinning wheel

Whenever I stop a program (first by hitting stop which brings up the show menu and then by hitting stop a second time to return back to 'RecordedTV') the spinning wheel appears for 2-3 seconds.

The only time this happens is when a show is stopped. Doesnt happen on play or on skip forward, skip back, etc... only on stop.

It is not particular to the network. I can run the client on my sagetv server and the same phenomenon occurs. It does not have anything to do with cpu/disk as it is a quad xenon and has a local raid array that reads / writes at close to 200MB/s.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have been seeing something similar for a while, I have Diamond and attributed it to that. I was going to uninstall all plugins and work back from there, but couldn't make any time. I have been away from my system for a couple months and did not have any chance to trouble shoot it. I have a feeling that it has to do with my wiz.bin being very large, but am not able to try any troubleshooting.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 08-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Sage Icon

To experiment I blew away my wiz.bin completely (I suspected that might be an issues) - it had no effect on the problem.

I switched to the native STV from SageMC and the issue disappeared but the native UI does not have a menu in between stopping the show and returning to 'RecordedTV' so it is hard to evaluate if it is behaving any differently. On the 1st 'stop' SageMC is instant to the show menu. It is the 2nd 'stop' that brings me back to the 'RecordedTV' menu where the delay is... cannot reproduce that in the native STV.

Will need to load Phoenix to see if the problem does or does not exist there...
Old 08-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Sage Icon

This problem didnt exist with SageMC before I upgraded to SageTV 7 ...

Dont want to jump to conclusions that it is the custom STV until I can show definitively...
Old 08-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Whenever I stop a program (first by hitting stop which brings up the show menu and then by hitting stop a second time to return back to 'RecordedTV') the spinning wheel appears for 2-3 seconds.

The only time this happens is when a show is stopped. Doesnt happen on play or on skip forward, skip back, etc... only on stop.

It is not particular to the network. I can run the client on my sagetv server and the same phenomenon occurs. It does not have anything to do with cpu/disk as it is a quad xenon and has a local raid array that reads / writes at close to 200MB/s.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
What are you using as a video decoder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividweb View Post
I have been seeing something similar for a while, I have Diamond and attributed it to that. I was going to uninstall all plugins and work back from there, but couldn't make any time. I have been away from my system for a couple months and did not have any chance to trouble shoot it. I have a feeling that it has to do with my wiz.bin being very large, but am not able to try any troubleshooting.
Come on man don't be starting any rumours

Can't say that I have seen this on Diamond (I test a lot...) and just checked on my server and two clients, no delays, so you have something else going on there.

Jeremy
Old 08-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
What are you using as a video decoder?
Cannot possibly be the video decoder - as it happens on 'stop'. Playback is flawless.

Using CoreAVC for H264 on some boxes and MSFT native on others.. all have the same issue.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Cannot possibly be the video decoder - as it happens on 'stop'. Playback is flawless.

Using CoreAVC for H264 on some boxes and MSFT native on others.. all have the same issue.
Only mentioned the decoders as at one time I had a particular one (divx? maybe...) cause delays (more like pauses) before/after starting/stopping playback with my clients, but like you say it is happening with the Corecodec/MSFT native so not your issue.

J
Old 08-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Come on man don't be starting any rumours

Can't say that I have seen this on Diamond (I test a lot...) and just checked on my server and two clients, no delays, so you have something else going on there.
Ooops. I have seen a couple other people post about the same problem. Someone even posted a video of the delay. My Sage setup is sitting 550KM away from me for the last 2 months, so it isn't an issue for me right now. It is just happily recording waiting for me to come watch.

My delays seem to be anytime the recordings list needs to be loaded, but it is only slow after it has loaded once.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 08-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

I don't think this is unique to SageMC. I see the same behavior with the stock STV, and the multi-function stop plugin.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1234 View Post
I don't think this is unique to SageMC. I see the same behavior with the stock STV, and the multi-function stop plugin.
Bingo. SageMC has a form of the multi-stop plugin built in. So I would begin looking there and what that is doing.

But neither the default STV nor Diamond exhibits this behavior on their own.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.