SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Sage User

HD300 and OS X Lion

Will the HD300 work with a Mac running OS X Lion?
Old 07-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by loefigh View Post
Will the HD300 work with a Mac running OS X Lion?

were you able to get SageTV server running on 10.6? i never was able.... so i would think 10.7 may be out as well.
2x HDHR, all OTA
QNAP TS-809:
12.5 TB for Recordings/Imports/TimeMachine/Music
HD200 via 802.11n in Living Room
802.11n client in bedroom
Old 07-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Sage User

SAgeTV HD300 and Lion

Yes, i have SageTv server running on 10.6.8.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Sage User

OSX Lion and HD300

Is there ever going to be any new info about SAGETV? Is google doing anything with it?

So OSX Lion reworked SMB network shares, is there an update for the HD300 so it can deal with the reworking, or are we just stuck with Snow Leopard if we want to use the advertised functionality of the HD300?

Anyone?
Old 10-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Sage User

Google recently acquired SageTv. Is anything being done with it, because as a sagetv user i'd like to be able to use my sagetv device with OSX Lion, and without any further development I can't?

Google recently acquired SageTv. Is anything being done with it, because as a sagetv user i'd like to be able to use my sagetv device with OSX Lion, and without any further development I can't?

* all posts from new threads merged with existing topic*
Old 10-11-2011, 06:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loefigh View Post

* all posts from new threads merged with existing topic*
Did you think we couldn't read your first sentence?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Sage User

Frustrated User

I'm sorry, that was an obnoxious thing for me to do.

I'm just frustrated with the lack of info.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've got the same issue -- my HD300's which used to connect just fine (in stand-alone mode) to my OSX Snow Leopard Server are now unable to connect at all to the updated Lion Server.. However, there's a new OSX Lion Server update that came out yesterday (2/1/2012) and TidBITS has this to say specifically about the file sharing changes in this update :

Quote:
In other file sharing changes, Lion Server 10.7.3 fixes a number of issues for Windows users accessing files on a Lion Server SMB share, including problems with copying files with certain extended attributes, saving files in Windows 7, opening files with Microsoft Office 2003, and creating new folders in Windows Vista.
You can read the rest of the article here if you like. I'll see about updating our system this evening and perhaps it will start behaving!

P.S. If you wish to try the upgrade I'd highly recommend reading the comments posted to the above link as some people are experiencing problems but I believe most are related to the "client" version of the upgrade -- not the server version. YMMV!
Old 03-20-2012, 01:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

by the way.. I finally got a chance to look into this further.. It appears that with Lion, Apple moved away from using Samba in favor of a home-rolled equivalent that apparently works for most things but not for any devices using Samba on the other end (I assume that's what's embedded within our HD300's). The solution appears to be to disable OSX-Lion's SMB file sharing and install Samba 3 and use it instead. I've not tried doing that yet but will look into it at some point soon..

On the other hand, I also tried using NFS and didn't get it working either even though the NFS daemon is running.. Oh well..